Time

Paint

 

 

 

 

 

7th April 2017

 

It started just as Jongdae was getting ready to go to sleep. It came gradually and the pressure was barely there yet it still had him curling in on himself and rubbing his belly. Jongdae had known what it was from the moment it had first began. He was too close to his due date for it to be anything else.

 

His contractions had started.

 

It seemed as though his movement had been detected by Baekhyun as he sits up from where he was lying.

 

“Is everything okay?” he asks. Worry tinging his voice.

 

“Yeah.” Says Jongdae. “But I’ve started having contractions.”

 

At that Baekhyun’s eyes are blown wide and his mouth drops open which makes him look like a gaping fish.

 

“We-we should go to the hospital.” He stutters out, moving to get up. However Jongdae grabs his arm and shakes his head.

 

“Not yet. They’ve only just started and they’re too far apart.” He starts. “If we go now they’ll just send us back home. There’s nothing they can do yet. It’s still too early.” He says tiredly. While his contractions might have started he was tired as all hell and he would be damned if someone stopped him from getting said sleep.

 

“I mean…Are you sure?” Baekhyun pushes. He trusted Jongdae to be able to tell whether or not he needed to go but he wanted him to be 100% sure.

 

“Yes Baekhyun. I’m sure.” Jongdae affirms.

 

“Okay then.” Surrenders Baekhyun. He wasn’t about to argue with him.

 

Accepting that they were going to remain at home until further notice, Baekhyun pull the cover that had fallen off back over himself before wriggling towards Jongdae. He presses his chest flat again Jongdae’s back and winds his left arm over the top to rest on Jongdae’s belly, softly it. And that is how they fell asleep.

 

~X~

 

Throughout the night, Jongdae was woken up multiple times as the contractions got progressively worse. Each time Baekhyun would wake up with him and help him through it by massaging his lower back and holding him until he fell back asleep. Only to be woken up again sometime later.

 

By the time the twins had woken up, Jongdae was unable to fall back asleep. Baekhyun had gotten up and tended to them while Jongdae had stayed in bed, lying on his back and simply looking at the ceiling. For a half an hour he had been trying to get back to sleep but it just wasn’t working. He couldn’t get comfortable and his back was killing him, courtesy of the contractions.

 

Finally giving up he slides out of bed and heads down stairs where Baekhyun and the twins are. The smell of pancakes reaches his nose just before he enters the kitchen and his mouth waters. He didn’t know how hungry he was until now. Entering the kitchen he sees Baekhyun feeding Minseok and Luhan. However his gaze is directed to the plate of fluffy goodness sitting on the table.

 

Jongdae immediately heads over to the table, completely ignoring Baekhyun. Baekhyun could only look on in amusement as he knew how much Jongdae loved food and even though he wasn’t a terrific cook, his pancakes were pretty damn good if he could say so himself.

 

“I called Umma.” Says Baekhyun, speaking up for the first time since Jongdae had entered. Jongdae just looks up, pancake hanging from his mouth. Baekhyun had to stop himself from laughing. Jongdae was just too cute for his own good, though Jongdae would deny the notion that he, a grown man could possibly be ‘cute’. “She said she would take the boys today.”

 

Jongdae just hums, attention completely focused on his breakfast. Suddenly Jongdae’s grip on his cutlery tightens as he feels another contraction beginning. Baekhyun momentarily leaves the twins to come stand at his side.

 

“You okay.” He asks.

 

“Yeah.” Jongdae breathes. “They’re just getting more painful and closer together.” He says as the contraction ends and he relaxes back into the chair.

 

Baekhyun massages Jongdae’s shoulders. “Finish your breakfast then go and get ready. Umma will be here soon and after that we’ll head over to the hospital. I’ve already called so they’re expecting us.” He says, leaning down and kissing Jongdae on the lips, tasting syrup as he does.

 

Baekhyun goes back over to the twins to finish feeding them while Jongdae does the same with his breakfast. When he’s finished he heads back upstairs, briefly stopping at the recently finished baby room and he smiles. Soon the room will be occupied by the newest addition to their family.

 

By the time had gotten dressed, he didn’t bother having a shower, his mother had already arrived. Seeing her son, she went up and hugged him, an excited smile on her face.

 

“It’s time~” She sang, rocking from side to side. Both Baekhyun and Jongdae couldn’t keep the smiles off of their faces. “Now want you two to head off immediately. I have everything sorted here so you have no need to worry.”

 

“Thanks Mama.” Says Jongdae. He will forever be eternally grateful for everything she had ever done for him.

 

She just shakes her head. “There’s no need to thank me honey. Now go and deliver my grand-baby!” she says, drawing a laugh from him.

 

After Baekhyun had run upstairs to get all of their belongings, they both give the boys and Liyin a kiss before heading out. On the way there Jongdae had several contractions and they hurt, which told him that it wouldn’t be long until it was time to deliver.

 

When they reached the hospital they checked in at reception. A nurse was called and led them to their room. Just like before, the nurse gave Jongdae a gown and he changed into it, Baekhyun collecting his clothes and putting them away in the bag as Jongdae handed them to him. Not long after a familiar face entered the room.

 

“Well long time no see!” says Dr Lee. “It’s good to see you two again.”

 

“You to.” Says Baekhyun. He was honestly surprised. He didn’t expect to have the same midwife for this birth.

 

She smiles. “You two know the drill. I’m just going to check how dilated you are.” She starts. “First though, when did your contractions start and how far apart are they?”

 

“They started last night around 10.” He answers. “And there about 8 minutes apart now.”

 

She nods. “It shouldn’t be too much longer. Now legs up.” She commands.

 

Jongdae does as she says. Unlike before not feeling even the slightest bit embarrassed though it still did feel a little uncomfortable.

 

“Okay!” she says. “You’re 7 centimetres. It won’t be long now. When your water breaks it should be about time.”

 

“Should his water have broken already?” askes Baekhyun and he was honestly curious. Last time he water had broken well before it was time to deliver.

 

“No. It’s not uncommon for the water to break just before birth. It’s different for everyone. There’s nothing to worry about.” Answers Dr Lee.

 

“Oh. Okay. Thanks Dr Lee.” Says Baekhyun.

 

“No problem. Now why don’t you tell me how those boys of yours are doing.” She says, interested.

 

“There great. Growing up quickly, they’re…” tells Baekhyun. While telling her about them he shows here a picture on his phone which she coos at. After he had finished. Baekhyun and Jongdae are left by themselves.

 

Soon after his water breaks and the contractions get worse as his body is preparing itself to deliver the baby. Nothing can sooth them. Even Baekhyun’s famous massages stop working and it doesn’t take long for the need to push to come along.

 

“Press the button.” Jongdae pants and Baekhyun does as he’s told. Almost immediately Dr Lee along with a couple of other nurses come filing into the room.

 

“Okay, when the next contraction hits I want you to push.”

 

Not bothering to verbalise his response Jongdae just nods, preparing himself for the pain he knew he was going to feel.

 

The next contraction hits him like a truck and he bears down. He’s is only given a short reprieve before another strikes making his forehead scrunch up. He furiously grips Baekhyun’s hand and he squeezes back, grounding Jongdae.

 

The proceeding contractions were met with loud yells as all of his energy is being used to deliver their baby. The baby’s head breaches, and several pushes later it is followed by his shoulders. With one final push their baby is finally born into the world with cries that sounded like music to their ears.

 

After Baekhyun had cut the cord the nurse carefully wraps him up in a blanket and passes him over to Jongdae. Like with Minseok and Luhan, both parents had tears in their eyes, marvelling in the little human being that they had created together. It wasn’t any less amazing then it was the first time.

 

“Hey there.” Baekhyun whispered, his cheek with his thumb while using his other arm to wrap around Jongdae’s shoulders. They watched in wonder as he scrunched up his cute little button nose and slowly opens his eyes, seeing his parents for the first time.

 

“Welcome to the family…

 

Junmyeon.”

 

Byun Junmyeon

1:41 pm

7th April 2017

8.6 pounds (3.9 kilograms)

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

And there we have it. Welcome baby Junmyeon to the family! Who's guess was right? And did anyone catch my hint in chapter 5?

/“Oh my god Baekhyun, look at this! It’s so cute.” Squealed Jongdae as he ed a cute little jumpsuit with an adorable bunny on it in Baekhyun’s direction. “We have to get it.”/

It wasn't a big one but I put it in there to see if anyone would catch it. University is slowing down at the moment but exams are just around the corner and then it'll pick back up again. EXO's comeback is in about a month and I'm saving up my money for it! I can't wait! :) And I can't wait for Chen and Chanyeol's 'Sugar Man' episode to be aired. It's going to be amazing :D

And if there's anything you want in the story feel free to write it in the comments. I'll try to include it however I can't promise anything.