First Meetings

Paint

 

 

 

 

23rd February 2018

 

“Hey Baekhyun!” comes the shout from one of his colleagues which causes him to turn away from his computer which he had been intently focused on.

 

“Yeah!” he shouts back, a little irritated at being disturbed. He really needed to get this report typed up and sent off to the chief as soon as possible and disruptions weren’t appreciated.

 

“I need you to take this case.” He says and Baekhyun groans. He was nearly finished as well. “All you need to do is take the victims statement and that it. Easy. It’s an open and shut case.”

 

Sighing, Baekhyun pushes his chair back and makes his way over to where his colleague is standing. It’s not like he had much of a choice in the matter.

 

 “Where’s the victim and what do I need to know?”

 

“He’s in interview room 3. He’s the victim of an unprovoked attack. He’s a little banged up.” His colleague explained. “He’s already been seen by the doctor and she said that everything seemed fine. No broken bones. Just some bruising.”

 

“What about his name and age?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Sorry, I don’t have that information.” He admitted and Baekhyun gave him a judging look.

 

“Hey, don’t look at me like that. That’s everything I’ve been told by the responding officers.”

 

Baekhyun lets out a breath. “And who were the responding officers?” he inquires. He already has a few in mind.

 

“Officers Lee and Choi.”

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Rookies.” Of course it was. He going to have to talk to the chief later about going through proper questioning procedures with the rookies.

 

‘I need to file that away for later’ he thinks.

 

“Alright. Thankyou.” He dismisses his colleague with a nod of his head. Going over to the water dispenser, he fills up one of the plastic cups before he heads towards interview room three. He lightly knocks on the door with his free hand before opening the door.

 

“Hi.” He says, smiling comfortingly as he closes the door gently behind him. “I’m Detective Byun Baekhyun and I’m here to take your statement if that’s okay with you.”

 

He sees the man nod and taking it as a silent invitation he places the cup on the table in front of where the man is sitting and seats himself in the chair beside his. Now that he is closer he takes the time to study the mans’ face and sees that he is more of a boy than a man.

 

He’s small. Smaller than even Jongdae and that’s saying something. Is frame is covered by an oversized hoodie that gives him the appearance of being even smaller than he actually is and the image of that time Minseok managed to dress himself in one of his jumpers suddenly comes to mind.

 

‘The resemblance is uncanny’ he thinks.

 

Moving up to his face he sees wide eyes, despite the fact that one of them is swollen and both are focused in his lap, causing his hair to partially cover them. Along with the bruised eye, the boy also has a split lip and there’s no telling what else is hiding under his clothes.

 

“Can I get your details?” Baekhyun asks and though he kept his voice low the boy still startles.

 

“I-I don’t want to press any charges. Can, can I just go?” he says in a small voice. Baekhyun is surprised at the boys’ decision. Most victims wanted to see there attacker being charged.

 

“If you don’t want to press charges that’s fine.” Baekhyun starts, frowning slightly. “But I still have to file an incident report and for that I need your details and statement.”

 

By the look on the others face Baekhyun can tell that his is displeased with what he had just been told but he sighs in reluctant surrender. Baekhyun feels sorry for the boy and at his reluctance Baekhyun can feel his fatherly instincts being pulled to the surface.

 

The room is silent for a moment before the boy finally opens his mouth after seemingly thinking over his response.

 

“Do Kyungsoo.” So he finally had a name to put to the face. “19 years old.”

 

Only 19? So he is a young one.

 

Baekhyun takes out him memo pad, writing down his details before flashing the boy – Kyungsoo – a reassuring smile. “Now could you tell me what happened?”

 

“Um, I don’t really know.” He says, eyes still directed on his lap. “I was just walking down the street when I felt someone grab me from behind and into the alley way.” As he talks Baekhyun jots down what Kyungsoo is saying and making sure that he doesn’t miss anything out.

 

“He then slammed me into the wall and I knew I had hit it pretty hard because my head hurt.” Kyungsoo said, pointing to the right side of his forehead where there was a pretty nasty bruise that had formed.

 

“I felt his hands combing over my body and I thought he was going to-“  he shivered, swallowing the lump in his throat. “But then I realised he was searching my pockets, looking for my wallet but I, I didn’t have it on me.” Kyungsoo his lips and Baekhyun points towards the cup of water on the table, receiving a grateful smile from Kyungsoo who takes a sip.

 

“When he couldn’t find it he started to get mad. He was swearing and mumbling to himself. He flung me around and started hitting me.” As Kyungsoo describes the attack he curls his arms around his stomach – hugging it – and there’s something about the gesture that strikes Baekhyun as being familiar but he couldn’t quite put his finger on exactly what it was.

 

“I either made enough noise or someone who was walking by noticed me but all of a sudden he was thrown off of me. Someone called the police and a lady waited with me until they came.” He finished, taking another sip water and placing it back onto the table after.

 

Baekhyun finished writing down the notes that he needed, flipping the memo pad shut when he was done and putting it in his pocket.

 

“Well that’s all I need.” Baekhyun said, wiping his palms on his pants. Baekhyun’s attention is now completely focused onto Kyungsoo, who is fidgeting in his seat, from what he can’t tell. “Is there anyone that I can call to come and take you home?” he asks.

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head.

 

“No, I can get myself home. Thankyou.” He says and for the first time, his eyes meet Baekhyun’s and what he sees startles him a little. His eyes are dark and he can see a large amount of vulnerability in them which is paired with sadness and what it perhaps hopelessness. He looks…lost.

 

Kyungsoo is the one who breaks eye contact first, seemingly feeling the intensity in Baekhyun’s gaze. He stands up and bows to Baekhyun who also returns the gesture.

 

With Kyungsoo uttering another soft thankyou, he leaves the room and Baekhyun is left to watch him as he exits the precinct until he moves out of his sight, an indescribable look plastered on his face.

 

Though it is unlikely, Baekhyun can’t help but feel like this won’t be the last time that he sees Kyungsoo. He is snapped out of his musing when he takes a look at the clock.

 

4:37

 

He only had just under an hour and a half to finish that report before it was time for him to clock out.

 

Well .

 

~X~

 

Coming back home, Baekhyun’s senses are lathered in the delicious aroma that is Jongdae’s cooking. He can already feel his mouth watering, wanting to wolf it down as soon as it was possible.

 

Being as silent as he could be, he creeped his way into the kitchen and sees Jongdae by the stove, tending to what was to be dinner. Smiling, he walks up to Jongdae and wraps his arms around Jongdae’s waist, who jumps in surprise at the sudden embrace.

 

“Jesus Christ, you scared me!” exclaimed Jongdae who had a hand his shirt over his heart.

 

Baekhyun hums and kisses the junction between Jongdae’s neck and shoulder before beginning to sway from side to side. Jongdae’s goes along with it for a while until he pushes Baekhyun off.

 

“Not now Baek. Dinners almost finished.” He says, but he’s not annoyed.

 

Baekhyun does nothing for a second, then he pulls away and plops down onto one of the dining room chairs. He lets out a little groan of exhaustion which gets Jongdae’s attention.

 

“Tough day.” He says, though it’s more of a statement than a question.

 

“Oh god yeah.” Baekhyun says. “Tough and long. I had so much to do and so little time to do it in. It doesn’t help when the newest batch of rookies are lacking in their training and making mistakes that people like me have to fix.” He complains, running a hand through his hair and leaning back in his chair.

 

Wordlessly, Jongdae walks over to Baekhyun and massages his shoulders and he moans, literally turning into putty from the motions. Jongdae has always been good with his hands.

 

“The case that I had today was also…I wouldn’t say draining but…there was a boy and…”

 

“A boy?” Jongdae questions.

 

“Yeah. I had to take his statement and I haven’t been able to get him out of my head since.” Baekhyun says. “Just the look in his eyes, it looked like he had given up, on what I don’t know.” He frowns at the memory.

 

Jongdae halts in his motions. Instead he hugs Baekhyun’s neck and hooks his chin over his shoulders, silently comforting him. Baekhyun holds Jongdae’s hands, lifting one up to his mouth where he hold it to his lips for a moment, bringing it back to his chest after.

 

“Come on. Why don’t you go and spend some time with the boys before dinner is ready.” He suggests, trying to guide Baekhyun’s mind elsewhere. “Luhan’s been a bit cranky today. He wanted his appa and he spat the dummy when I reminded him that you were at work and that he would have to wait for you to get home.” He told Baekhyun as he stood up straight.

 

Eyes lighting up, Baekhyun stands up and kisses Jongdae on the cheek before he goes to find his precious little babies. Jongdae looks on with a fond smile at Baekhyun’s change in mood when their boys were mentioned.

 

Happy that he had successfully destracted Baekhyun, Jongdae turns back to the food. Nobody wants a burnt meal now do they?

 

As he stirs the food in the pot, he hears a set of excited little squeals which are soon joined by a deeper and equally excited voice. He chuckles softly to himself, basking in the sounds of his happy children.

 


I bet some, if most most of you had been waiting for this for a while and rejoice, for Kyungsoo has finally made an official and candid appearance!! And trust me, it won't be the last one either. I'm hoping to try and get a few chapters written this week but we'll see. I was supposed to do that last week but for some reason I've been so distracted. My textbooks for next semester arrived today and let me tell you, these things must weight like 10 kgs each. Oh, and I passed all of my semester 1 units!! Yay :D

Anyway, I finally got around to watching the EXO'lution at Tokyo Dome (which was just :O It was just amazing) and the Ex'act showcase (chen and all member focus). Jongdae and Minseok really do act like a couple. They're so cute ^.^ I've also been watching Yixing's drama 'The Mystic Nine'. It's pretty good so far, though I will admit it took me a few episodes to get into it. I'm also trying to decide whether or not I should go and see Yifan's movie 'So Young 2: Never Gone' at my local cinema's and I better decide fast because the last showing is at 9:30pm tonight (around 3 and a half hours from now). Oh and have you guys listened to Zitao's new song 'Black White (AB)' yet? What do you guys think of it?

Wow. A lot has happened this week.

See you guys next week! :D