Late Arrivals and Pandas

Paint

 

 

 

 

5th June 2018

 

“When are you going in?” Jongdae asks over the phone while he’s in the process of making dinner. The twins are keeping themselves occupied, Junmyeon is having a nap in the lounge room and Baekhyun is showering after a long day at work.

 

“They said if I don’t go into labour tomorrow then I’ll have to go in either that night or the next day for them to induce me.” Yifan says.

 

Yifan was nearly a week over his due date. He was as big as a whale and the little bun in his over still wasn’t ready to come out into the world despite having a solid 9 months of incubation in the best environment it will ever have. Chanyeol said their baby was a mamas boy yet Yifan didn’t care for that sentiment at the moment. He wanted this baby out of his belly and into his arms two weeks ago.

 

“I would say I understand completely but that’s a lie.” Jongdae says, lifting up the spoon and giving it quick taste, humming in pleasure when he deems the taste to be right. “I do understand wanting them out though. Towards the end that’s all you really want.”

 

“Yeah.” Yifan sighs. “I just hope nothing goes wrong. You of all people know that as males it’s more dangerous for us when we’re overdue during a pregnancy.”

 

“Yeah. I know.” He says. They had both been blessed that their pergnacies had all gone smoothly. “Where’s Chanyeol anyway? I thought he would have been all over you.” He asks.

 

“He was.” Yifan laughed. “But I managed to convince him to take Yixing to go and visit his parents. They’ve been waiting to see him for ages.”

 

“Wow. How’d you manage that?” Jongdae says, astonished. Over the past week Chanyeol hadn’t been more than a couple of metres from the Chinese male.

 

“I think he realised I was getting a little frustrated from is constant hovering that he decided to give me a little space.”

 

“Good man.” Jongdae hums.

 

He takes the pot off of the stove and after manipulating the phone so it’s pressed against his ear and shoulder places it in the middle of the table.

 

“Oh hey, I have to go. Chanyeol and Xing just got home.”

 

“Yeah no worries. Just remember to call me when something happens okay.” He says.

 

“Will do. Talk to you later.” He promises. “Bye.”

 

“Bye!” he says then hangs up.

 

“Was that Yifan?” Baekhyun asks as he comes downstairs, ruffling his damp hair with his hand.

 

Jongdae watches as a drip of water drops from his hair and down his neck so slowly he swears everything is in slow motion. He looks away, busying himself with setting the table and trying to hide the fact that he was blatantly staring, hoping that Baekhyun hadn’t noticed.

 

Too bad for him Baekhyun hadn’t missed it. When Jongdae turned away Baekhyun let a little satisfied smirk rest on his lips.

 

“Y-yeah.” He answers. “He still hasn’t gone into labour so he’ll probably have to be induced.” He continues distractedly.

 

Baekhyun hums. “Hey.” He says, grabbing Jongdae hand and pulling it was from the cutlery. “Why don’t you go and get the boys. I’ll finish setting the table.” He offers but it’s more like he’s telling.

 

Jongdae nods staring to walk to where the boys are. He’s nearly out of the dining room when he squeaks as a firm hand slaps about his . He whips around only to see Baekhyun innocently setting the table. His face is red but his slits his eyes, glaring at the offender for a moment before he carries on with his task of gathering the boys.

 

While eating dinner there’s a tension that settles over, one that they’re both entirely familiar with. The boys notice nothing, remaining completely oblivious to atmosphere their parents have created. Junmyeon babbles as he plays with his food and occasionally putting some into him mouth. Most of his words are inaudible, neither parents being able to decipher them.

 

Minseok and Luhan eat their food diligently and less messy than their little brother. They’ve had a lot of practice in how to use their utensils properly. They would chime in about things they had seen on TV or things they had done that day with enthusiasm and excitement. At this age they found everything and anything exciting.

 

Bath time was a challenge like it always was yet this time it was for a different reason. Jongdae could feel eyes boring into the back of his head the entire time. Every time he had passed by his husband he had ghosted his hands over various parts of his body, namely his waist and behind as well as a few well placed kisses along the sensitive part of his neck.

 

“Baekhyun.” Jongdae says sternly when a hand slips under his shirt.

 

Baekhyun just looks at him with an innocent expression that completely contrasts with his actions. Jongdae glares at him and Baekhyun’s hand retreats, as he does he walks away, flashing Jongdae a playful grin before disappearing out of Jongdae’s sight.

 

Thirty minutes later the boys are washed and tucked into bed, soon drifting off into dreamland. He closes the door to the twins room and goes to turn around only for a pair of arms to wrap around body, holding his arms to his side and preventing him from moving them.

 

“Baekhyun…” he breathes, shuddering when the man in question nips at his neck.

 

Baekhyun says nothing but Jongdae can feel the smile that pulls at Baekhyun’s mouth. Baekhyun shuffles them forward towards their own bedroom. Baekhyun arms unwrap from away from his body, freeing Jongdae’s arms. His hands immediately move to slip under Jongdae’s shirt again and Jongdae moans when the elder plays with the hem of his pants.

 

The front of Jongdae’s knees hit the bed and he collapsed face first onto it. He rolls over and Baekhyun is standing over him and looking at him with eyes full of desire and it makes his body tingle. Jongdae shuffles back so his head is lying on their pillows and Baekhyun moves to hover over him.

 

Their lips meet in an intense battle of tongues, Jongdae surrendering to Baekhyun.

 

“It’s been a while.” Jongdae says between kisses.

 

“It has.” Baekhyun answers.

 

After they lay in each others embrace, bodies slicked with sweat and muscles sore but sated. Jongdae has his hand flat on Baekhyun’s chest, feeling his heart beat and the rise and fall of his chest when he breathes in and out. Moments like these, where neither of them are doing a thing, just simply being in each others presence conveys all the words they need without actually speaking.

 

~X~

 

The next day Jongdae is enjoying some time by himself, sketch pad out and TV on low volume. Baekhyun’s at work and the twins plus Junmyeon were playing their own version of hide and seek. The seeker would hide one of their toys and the other two would have to find it. A round didn’t usually last long considering they were confined to their play room.

 

Jongdae is pulled from his drawing trance when his phone beeps.

 

From: Fanfan

They’re going to induce me in an hour

 

To: Fanfan

That’s good news

How are you feeling?

 

From: Fanfan

Pretty nervous

But Yeollie’s here to calm me down 

 

To: Fanfan

Good

Tell me when the new family member has joined us!

 

From: Fanfan

You’ll be the first to know

 

Jongdae smiles. They’ll soon know what Yifan had decided to call their little one.

 

To: Baekhyunnie <3

Yifan just texted me

He’s being induced soon

 

From: Baekhyunnie <3

Awesome

I bet they’re both happy

 

To: Baekhyunnie <3

Stop texting at work

 

From: Baekhyunnie <3

You texted me first

Plus the boss doesn’t care as long as I’m in the precinct

 

‘Cheeky little ’ he thinks but he’s smiling.

 

He’s about to continue on with his drawing when the kids come racing towards him, Junmyeon slower than his older brothers due to the fact that he hasn’t quite gotten the art of walking down yet. He puts his sketch pad down and soon his arms a filled with two giggling toddlers. Junmyeon joins them soon after giving his mother a slobber filled kiss on the cheek.

 

“Hey, guess what?” Jongdae ask them.

 

“What mama?” Minseok says.

 

“Uncle Fanfan’s going to have his baby soon.”

 

“Fanfan baby!” Luhan screams in excitement.

 

“Yay. Baby out Fanfan’s tummy.” Minseok says in equal excitement.

 

Both Minseok and Luhan had been excited for the arrival of Yifan and Chanyeol’s new baby. When even they had been around Yifan they would always go up to Yifan, wanting to feel the baby kick.

 

“Uh huh. That’s right. We’ll visit them tomorrow.” He says and Minseok starts clapping, liking that idea.

 

A couple of hours later Jongdae receives a message and he already knows who it’s from.

 

From: Fanfan

Meet Park Zitao

[picture attachment]

 

Jongdae clicks on the picture, only to be greeted with the adorable picture of the newborn baby Zitao. He has a shocking mane of thick, raven black hair atop his head. His eyes are closed but he can see some prominent eyes bags. He also notices that the boys lips turn upwards at the ends and it makes Jongdae’s own twitch in amusement and like himself and Minseok, Zitao’s features are feline like in appearance.

 

To: Fanfan

He’s adorable

 

From: Fanfan

I know

He’s my little panda

 

‘Little panda huh’ he muses.

 

“I like it.”

 


This chapter was a little short but I've been pretty busy this week. I hope the birth of out little Panda makes up for it though! :) I can't believe it only four and a half hours until the MV is released xD I had to watch the teaser so many times, frame by frame to take everything in. There's also that moment when Jongdae blends in so well with the extras in that white shirt that the first 20 times you watch it you completely miss him O.O 0:03 And when you do he's throwing money away so carelessly and I'm like that's the money I've spent on shipping when buying the albums D: Albums are usually around 25-40 AUD with shipping being anywhere from 20-50 AUD depending on what option you choose. I usually choose the $20 because I'm stingy when it comes to money and I don't care if it takes longer to get here.

Anyway see you guys next week! (or tomorrow for those who are reading Secrets and Love)