Taking Advantage

Paint

 

 

January 5th 2017

 

6 months.

 

3 more to go.

 

God, Jongdae couldn’t wait until it was over. This pregnancy was proving to be a lot more difficult than the first, and the first time he had twins. His morning sickness had yet to end. Most of the food he ate didn’t stay in his stomach for long. The only things that he seemed to be able to keep down was Nutella, mustard and pickle sandwiches and apple custard pastries. He also devoured fried chicken like it was going to go extinct.

 

His moods swing were also much more violent this time around. Baekhyun was a saint for being able to put up with him. He could go from balling his eyes out like Minseok and Luhan when their nappies needed changed to the literal incarnation of Satan in the drop of a hat. Episodes like this usually ended up with Jongdae wrapped up in Baekhyun’s arms, crying his eyes out and apologising over and over again. Baekhyun always understood though. He would wipe his tears away and tell him that there was ‘nothing he should be apologising for’.

 

It frustrated Jongdae. Baekhyun was always giving and he was always taking. Baekhyun went to work early in the morning while Jongdae looked after 10 month old Minseok and Luhan. Don’t get him wrong, he loved his boys and it was no easy task. They meant the world to him. But Baekhyun would come home after a long day at the precinct, tired. Yet he would still great them all with big smiles. He would play with Minseok and Luhan before dinner. After he would give them a bath, dress them and put them to bed.

 

Even after that he would still attend to Jongdae’s needs before his own. He would massage Jongdae’s back and carry him to bed once he had started to doze off. He would tuck Jongdae in before going and having a shower and only then would he himself relax and get into bed. He was always by Jongdae’s side when he woke up in the middle of the night needing to throw up, stoking his back and combing his hair out of his face. Only to wake up the next morning and do it all again.

 

Maybe he was thinking too much into it but he just couldn’t help it. He felt like he was being selfish. Like he should be giving him more. But they were always so busy lately. Baekhyun was at work 5 days a week and Jondgae was busy tending to Minseok and Luhan’s needs, as well as running after the little critters.

 

Yes. They had finally learned how to crawl and though he was proud of them, he missed the days when they were stationary. They were always crawling around somewhere in the house looking for trouble and Jongdae wasn’t exactly in the best condition to be chasing them around trying to keep them out of said trouble. However when they did something wrong it was hard for him to stay mad at them for long when they looked at him with their sparkling eyes, chubby cheeks and adorable little smiles.

 

Jongdae was knocked out of his thoughts by said boys crawling onto his lap and pawing at his face. Laughing, Jongdae grabs one of their hands and pulls them towards his mouth, nibbling on them. Giggling, both boys try to pull away but Jongdae doesn’t let up. Instead he gently pushes them to the ground and tickles their tummies, drawing more giggles from them. 

 

“You can’t get away from me! The tickle monster will yet you!”

 

Squealing, Minseok manages to roll himself over and out of Jongdae’s hold. Jongdae reaches out for him but Minseok had managed to escape his reach just in time. Seeing that Minseok was now too far away, he focuses his attention back onto the still captive Luhan.

 

Leaning down, he pushes up Luhan’s shirt and starts blowing raspberries onto his stomach. Luhan tries to push Jongdae’s face away but it’s useless and he continues with his attack.

 

Seeing that his twin is still in the clutches of his Mama, Minseok makes his way back over to them. When he reaches them, he grabs Jongdae’s face with his cubby little hands and moves it away from Luhan’s stomach, trying to stop his attack. Jondgae lets him and Luhan uses that chance to crawl away from him and over towards his twin, hiding behind Minseok as if he would provide him with protection.

 

Seeing this Jongdae can’t help but coo.

 

“You’re such a good big brother already Minnie. Looking after your little brother.”

 

Grabbing Minseok, Jongdae brings him and sits him on his lap.

 

“You’re going to have another little brother soon and you and Luhan are going to have to look after him, teach him things.”

 

Minseok just stares at him, knowing that his Mama is speaking to him yet not understanding what he is saying.

 

All of a sudden Minseok yawns. Looking over toward Luhan, Jongdae can see that he is ready to drop any second. His eyes are fighting to stay open and is slowly tilting to the side in his sitting position. Picking Minseok up, Jongdae goes over to Luhan and pick him up as well. Luhan immediately curls into the warmth that Jondgae is providing.

 

“I thinks it’s time for a nap, don’t you think.”

 

The only response he receives is two little boys’ eyes starting to close. Jongdae goes to place them down in his cribs but they would let go. Their little fingers tightly clutched his shirt and the only option Jongdae had left was to take them to bed with him.

 

As carefully as a one can be while being 6 months pregnant and carrying two 10 month old boys, Jongdae lays down with Minseok on his left and Luhan of his right. Leaning over to each, he kisses their brows.

 

“Wǒ ài nǐ wǒ de jiǎodù. Shuì gè hǎo jué.” (I love you my angles. Sleep tight)

 

Tired himself, Jongdae drifts off into a peaceful sleep, his boys asleep on either side of him.

 

~X~

 

When Jongdae awakens, he is greeted by an empty bed. The boys were no longer beside him. Looking over to the bedside table, Jongdae’s gaze is drawn to the red flashing numbers of the clock.

 

4:38

 

He had only been asleep for around and hour and a half. That was odd. Minseok and Luhan usually napped for longer than that and when they woke up they weren’t exactly quiet. Sliding himself to the side of the bed, Jongdae stands up and makes his way out of the bedroom. On his way down that stairs he can hear the cute little babbles of his children. They couldn’t talk yet they had a few words that they could use. ‘Ma’ was Mama and ‘Pa’ meant Uppa, though they were starting to use ‘Ba’ as well. It seemed that so far that his efforts to teach Minseok and Luhan Mandarin and Korean simultaneously was working.

 

Which reminded him that even though he and Baekhyun had been together for a while, he didn’t really know a lot of Mandarin. Baekhyun said that he wanted to learn but they haven’t really had a lot of free time. Maybe this was the perfect opportunity to teach him as well.

 

Speaking of Baekhyun, Jongdae could swear the he heard his voice coming from down stairs. But that wasn’t right. He wasn’t due home until at least 7.

 

However when he made it down stairs and headed toward the living room where the voices were coming for the he was, playing with Minseok and Luhan. Jongdae didn’t want to spoil their moment so he kept silent and by the entry way, just enjoying the sight in front of him.

 

“Minnie~ Lulu~ Where do you think you’re going~” Baekhyun sings as they crawl away from him. But Baekhyun’s not having that so he grabs there feet and pull them towards him. The twins squeal in delight as Baekhyun begins to tickle their feet.

 

Jongdae smiles. He loves watching Baekhyun play with them. At first Baekhyun doubted that he would be a good Uppa due to his own upbringing and he was afraid because of it. But he had nothing to be afraid about. He was wonderful at it and he couldn’t imagine anyone else to have children with.

 

“Ma, ma.”

 

Luhan had been the first to notice to notice him and immediately began making him way over to him which made Baekhyun look over. Smiling, Baekhyun stands up and picks Minseok up at the same time Luhan reaches him, putting his hand up in the air and demanding to be held. Meeting his demands, Jongdae hoists him up and kisses his nose.

 

“Hey sleepy head.” Baekhyun greets him.

 

“Why are you home so early?”

 

“It was pretty quiet today so the chief let me go. He knows how much I want to spends time with my favourite boys in the world.” He emphasises this by placing a kiss on Minseok and Luhan’s forehead before placing one on Jongdae’s lips.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up when you got home?”Jongdae whines.

 

“You looked so peaceful and I didn’t have the heart to wake you. You’ve been pretty tired lately and I knew that you could use the rest.”

 

Jongdae appreciated the sentiment but he couldn’t help but smile bitterly. The things that he thought about earlier replanting themselves in his mind. He tried to hide it but Baekhyun picked up on it. It always astounded Jongdae how easily Baekhyun could pick up on things about him that no one else could. Normally he appreciated it but right now it made him feel open. To open.

 

Taking Luhan from Jongdae’s arms he places both Minseok and Luhan back onto the floor. He then corrals Jongdae towards the kitchen. Jongdae knew what this meant. Baekhyun wanted to talk to him and he wasn’t giving Jongdae the option to refuse and Jongdae lets him. He knows there’s no point in resisting.

 

When they reach the kitchen Baekhyun helps hoist Jongdae up onto the counter and moves to stand between his thighs. Usually this would happen when they would be engaging in more strenuous activities but now it serves as a sort of comfort, Baekhyun placing himself lower then Jongdae as to not intimidate him.

 

Jongdae keeps his head down, trying not to look Baekhyun in the eyes. But Baekhyun puts his hand under his chin and turns his head up.

 

“What’s the matter Dae?”

 

“…Nothing.”

 

“You and I both know that’s bull.” Baekhyun says and they both know his right. “You know you can tell me anything. Now please tell me what’s wrong.”

 

Sighing, Jongdae knows it’s better for him to just get it out.

 

“Do, do you…” pauses Jongdae. “think that I’m… taking advantage of you?”

 

“Taking advantage-“ Baekhyun starts. “What do you mean by taking advantage of me?”

 

“I mean…you do so much for all of us and you never ask for anything in return. Even when you’re tired you still put me first. Always me before yourself. I don’t have a job. I haven’t since I got pregnant with Minnie and Lulu and because of that you’ve had to increase your hours to support us. I’m always so needy and you always provide for those needs and I just- I-“

 

“Just stop right there.” Baekhyun cuts off. “Now I want you to listen to my and listen carefully okay.”

 

Jongdae nods.

 

“I do this because I want to. I take care of you because I want to and I love you. I don’t do this and expect for you to do anything in return. I don’t mind working more because I know that it means I can provide for my family.”

 

“But-“

 

“No. Jongdae listen. I do this for my family. My family comes first. It will always come first. Do you understand?”

 

“…”

 

“Do you understand?”

 

“…Yes.”

 

“Good.” Baekhyun smiles. “Now what brought this on?”

 

Jongdae tries to think about why this thought suddenly went through his head and then he remembers.

 

“Just, this pregnancy has been a lot harder than the first and you’ve put up with my moods without a question and…”

 

“Hey,” Baekhyun soothes. “There’s no way that I could expect this pregnancy to be as smooth as it was with Minnie and Lulu, that was evident from the start.” They both laughed, remembering the day Jongdae found out that he was pregnant again. “Your moods come as part of the deal and even though you can get a bit…crazy sometimes-“

 

“Hey!”

 

“-I know you don’t mean it.”

 

Jongdae sighs in defeat.

 

“Yeah. Okay. I was stupid. I’ll admit that.” Jongdae surrenders. “I want to make it up to you though.”

 

“Oh do you now.” Baekhyun says, a devilish smile appearing on his face. Baekhyun steps as close to Jongdae as the counter and Jongdae’s belly will allow and whispers in his ear.

 

“How about you make it up to me after we put the kids to bed.”

 

Cluing in on what Baekhyun is suggesting, Jongdae can’t help the smirk that comes onto his face.

 

“Sure, why don’t I.”

 

~X~

 

Panting, Jongdae and Baekhyun lie in the aftermath of intense pleasure. Baekhyun rolls a boneless and sated Jongdae into his side and Jongdae nuzzles his face into Baekhyun’s chest.

 

“Oh my god. I’m exhausted.”

 

Chuckling quietly, Jongdae leans further into Baekhyun’s embrace, practically melting into his side.

 

“Hey.”

 

Baekhyun groans and Jongdae can feel the vibrations from his position on Baekhyun’s chest.

 

“Whaaat?”

 

“We should go shopping on the weekend. I need some more maternity clothes and we should probably start getting all of the baby stuff we need for this little guy.” Jongdae says as he pats his belly.

 

“Mmh.”

 

“Was that a yes?’

 

“Mmhh.”

 

“Okay. So it’s a yes.”

 

Silence

 

“Wǎn'ān wǒ de ài.” (Goodnight my love) Jongdae pecks Baekhyun on the lips before he drifts off into a dreamless sleep.
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
 

So here we are! I hope you all enjoyed it. This chapter was basically about Jongdae voicing his concerns/worries about his role in their relationship about whether or not he is doing enough. This is very real my friends. It's not uncommon for people in a relationship, whether it be either romantic or platonic, to experience these types of feelings. Oh and sorry to all of you guys expecting . I've never tried writing it before (though I do enjoy reading it ;D) and I would rather not include one then have one that is absolutely awful.

And BTS have released their new MV!!! It's so good. I definitely didn't expect it to come out today and definitely didn't expect it to sound that way it does, though I am not disappointed in any shape or form! These boys keep on surprising me xD

See you guys next week!