Sick Days

Paint

 

 

 

 

 

7th July 2018

 

“Oh my god. I’m dying.” Jongdae moaned in misery.

 

Baekhyun just looks at him in sympathy, though there’s a slither of amusement dabbled in there that he’s glad Jongdae can’t see.

 

“I know baby. I know.” He says, running his hand through the youngers hair who’s head is resting on his leg.

 

Jongdae just moans again, clutching the bucket in his arms tighter like it was the most important possession in the world.

 

“I wish I could blame someone for this but I have no idea where I got it from.” Jongdae says, nuzzling his face further into Baekhyun’s leg.

 

Jongdae has always been naturally affectionate. He loves initiating physical contact with those around him, whether it be a light touch, a hug or holding hands with someone he does it, often unconsciously. He also loves receiving it from others, especially when he’s sick. If anything his desire for physical attention increases in times of sickness or sadness.

 

“I’m going to have to thank my mum for taking the boys.” Jongdae murmurs.

 

“You know she won’t accept it.” Baekhyun’s points out and Jongdae just nods, knowing his mother would just shut him down before he had even finished.

 

When Baekhyun had called Liyin to ask if she could come and take the boys because Jongdae was sick she agreed to it before he had even finished asking. An hour later she was knocking at their door, container of freshly cooked soup accompanying her.

 

“Oh!” Baekhyun suddenly remembers. “Did you know that Jongin finally asked Kyungsoo out on a date?”

 

“No.” Jongdae says. “And normally news like this would make me really excited but at this moment I really don’t have the energy.” He says mournfully. He really is happy for them though. He’ll file it away for later.

 

“You poor baby.” Baekhyun coos.

 

Jongdae doesn’t care that Baekhyun is talking to him like he would to the boys, he’s too busy being lost in the motions of Baekhyun’s hand through his hair.

 

“You hungry? Want some of your mum’s soup?” he asks.

 

“Yes please.” Jongdae says. He’s been feeling a little peckish.

 

Baekhyun gets up and moves to the kitchen, scooping a decent portion into a bowl and heating it up in the microwave. When the microwave dings he takes it out and grabs a spoon from one of the draws before walking back into the lounge room where his sick husband is, still lying in the same position he had left him in.

 

As soon as Baekhyun walks into the lounge room Jongdae can smell the soup, the familiar scent making his mouth water. His mother makes the best food.

 

Baekhyun sits down beside his head and Jongdae drags himself into a sitting position. Without words needing to be exchanged Baekhyun spoons some of the now warm soup into Jongdae’s already waiting mouth. Soon the bowl of soup had been completely devoured and it wasn’t a surprise to either of them. They both knew how good mama Kim’s food tasted. It was like it had been blessed by the gods themselves.

 

“You feel any better?” Baekhyun asks once all of the soup in the bowl had been eaten.

 

“A little.” Jongdae says. He still feels a little queasy but it’s eased a bit since he’s got something in his stomach.

 

“Hey. I have to get some paper work filled out.” Baekhyun says. “Will you be okay by yourself for a while?” he asks.

 

“Yeah.” Jongdae says. “I think I’ll just try and have a rest.”

 

Baekhyun kisses his forehead, Jongdae leaning into and at the same time pulling away, not wanting him to catch whatever he has. Baekhyun grabs a blanket and pulls it over the sick man who snuggles into it. He abandons his bowl, instead placing it in the floor in front of him for quick access in case he needed it – re: needed to throw his guts up.

 

A couple of minutes after Baekhyun had moved to fill out his paper work Jongdae had drifted off into a somewhat peaceful sleep. When Baekhyun comes back downstairs, files in his arms he sees Jongdae cocooned in his blanket, lips pulled into something akin to a pout. He can’t help but smile.

 

As quietly as possible Baekhyun sets his files down onto the table as to not wake the now sleeping male. He works in silence, every so often looking over at his husband before continuing on with his work. He loves his job but he detests the amount of paper work that comes with it with a fiery passion. Paper work should be illegal he thinks.

 

He hears shuffling coming from the lounge and sees Jongdae moving around. He must be waking up. Jongdae’s eyes open slowly as he comes to his senses. His arm reaches out blindly and Baekhyun only realises what he was searching for when the younger male throws his head over the side of the lounge and heaves directly into the bucket beside him.

 

Baekhyun immediately halts, placing his pen down on the table and crosses the sort distance between him and Jongdae. He sweeps Jongdae’s bangs up and out of his face with one hand, the other rubbing at his back in soothing motions. Baekhyun has a pretty strong stomach – his job probably has something to do with it – so he doesn’t feel the urge to throw his own stomach contents up at the smell.

 

“Uhhrr…” Jongdae groans when he had stopped heaving.

 

Wordlessly Baekhyun passes him a tissue and Jongdae grabs it, giving him a thankful look. He wipes his mouth and throws the now dirtied tissue into the bucket.

 

“You okay?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Yeah.” He says. “I hate being sick.” He whines.

 

“I would think you’re weird if you didn’t.” Baekhyun laughs and Jongdae chuckles lightly beside him. “Why don’t you go and take a bath?” he asks. “I’ll deal with this.” He says, pointing to the bucket.

 

“Are you sure? I can clean it up.” Jongdae offers but Baekhyun shakes his head firmly.

 

“You’re the sick one so it’s up to me to look after you and that includes cleaning up any messes that are made.” Baekhyun says and Jongdae surrenders. He knows there’s no use in arguing. He doesn’t have the energy for it anyway.

 

Jongdae slowly gets himself to his feet and pads upstairs, footsteps heavier than usual due to his condition. Baekhyun goes into the laundry with the bucket in hand. He rinses it out then leaves it to soak in the warm water to rid it of the pungent smell of vomit.

 

By the time his had finished his task he could no longer hear the sound of the tap running meaning Jongdae had already filled up the bath tub. He makes his way upstairs and over to the bathroom. Jongdae is leaned back in the tub soaking in the warm water. Baekhyun smiles. He looks so relaxed.

 

Jongdae opens his eyes slightly when he hears movement by the door and sees his husband standing there, gazing at him. Jongdae smiles and waves Baekhyun over, who comes and keels beside the tub.

 

“How are you feeling?” Baekhyun asks, wetting his hand and using it to gel Jongdae’s hair out of his face.

 

“Better.” Jongdae says.

 

He moves his hands, swishing the water and enjoying the feeling of it against his skin. Baekhyun smiles at the action. It’s almost childlike and he can’t help but liken it to what the boys do when they have their own baths.

 

“Soak in there for a while and then I’ll help you to bed.” Baekhyun says and Jongdae nods his head in agreement.

 

He feels drowsy so a nap sounds good to him. More than good actually.

 

Jongdae lies in the tub until the water begins to cool, Baekhyun being beside him the entire time, rubbing affectionate circles on his body. When Jongdae sits up and pulls the plug Baekhyun is there to help him out of it. He wraps a fluffy towel around Jongdae, who buries into it.

 

Jongdae lets out a little surprised squeak when Baekhyun picks him up and carries him bridal style towards their bedroom. Once there he settles the younger male on the bed then moves over to the closet. He grabs some clothes, some boxers, track pants and one of his shirts that he knows Jongdae loves to wear. He helps Jongdae dress, being just as gentle and caring as he had been before and slips the articles of clothing onto the pliant man.

 

Now dressed, Jongdae falls back against the pillows and turns to his side, burring his face into the soft material. Baekhyun smiles and carefully lifts Jongdae’s legs to pull the comforter over him body. When Baekhyun had finished Jongdae was already out like a light, soft snores escaping his mouth. He kisses the now sleeping mans forehead before flicking the light off and exiting the room.

 

He goes downstairs and sits on the lounge, turning the television on and reclining in the chair. He is just about to get comfortable when his stomach growls, demanding food. Going into the kitchen he grabs some of the soup in the fridge – Liyin had made enough to last a week – and heats it up. He grabs some bread on his way out and sits down and fills his stomach. God, it’s so good.

 

He doesn’t know how much time has passed but his eyes are directed away from the television when his phone pings. Picking it up he sees it’s a message from Liyin.

 

From: Mama Kim

Hey. I just put the boys to bed

How’s Dae?

 

Ah. Of course. He should have expected a message from Liyin. She was always checking up on them when either of them were sick.

 

To: Mama Kim

That’s good

He’s alright. Threw up and had a bath but he’s asleep now

He said he’s feeling better before though

He should be okay by tomorrow

 

From: Mama Kim

That’s good to hear

 

To: Mama Kim

Thanks again for taking the boys for us

You didn’t have to

 

From: Mama Kim

No need to thank me dear

Any excuse to steal my grandsons

 

To: Mama Kim

Haha. Steal anytime you want

See you tomorrow anyway

Love you

 

From: Mama Kim

You know I will

Love you to Boxian

 

Baekhyun smiles as he just his phone down. His mood was always lifted after he had talked to Liyin. Her personality was so bright and kind, something that she had passed onto Jongdae. He did have sass and a mighty whit as well, something Baekhyun knew had had gotten from his father Jonghyun. Not that Liyin didn’t have those things, it was just move obvious in Jonghyun.

 

Growing tired Baekhyun shuts the television off. After making sure all of the lights were turned off he goes upstairs and to his shared bedroom. Jongdae is still sleeping soundly, cheek mushed into the pillow and drool sliding down his chin.

 

Baekhyun pulls of his clothes and slides on a loose pair of sleeping pants and shirt them slips into bed next to the sleeping Jongdae. He stares at Jongdae for a moment before his own eyes close and he too is asleep.

 

~X~

 

Waking up the next morning Baekhyun feels drowsy. He feels sick, like he needs to forcibly expel his insides out of his lungs and he groans.

 

He should have known. It was bound to happen.

 


This chapter was inspired by me throwing my guts up all weekend. I was seriously miserable. I had a load of readings to do and I didn't get any of them done. All I did was sleep and throw up. I had absolutely no energy to do anything. Thankfully I'm feeling better now :D I was given a massive surprise the other day. My best friend finally found my Instagram account, which is fine but it's not going to be long until she finds my twitter account which is filled with me re-tweeting kpop related posts. She going to see the ones of half asian man and asian men grinding on canes D: I don't know how I feel about that.

IMPORTANT: I have two weeks of prac starting Monday so I'm unsure if i'll be able to update during those two weeks. There's still a possibility that I might be able to but as of yet I don't know. It's 45% of my unit grade and if I don't pass it I'll have to retake it second semester next year which I'm not to keen on doing. So this take priority. If I have time I'll try and get something written but we'll see.

Another thing, this story is coming to an end soon (maximum five chapters if everything goes to plan). But don't worry that doesn't mean it's the end of the series. I have a prequel that I want to write and there's always the possibility of sequels.

See you all next time!!