New Friends

Paint

 

 

 

8th January 2017

 

“Baekhyun, can you strap Minnie and Lulu into the car for me while I grab the pram please?”

 

“Yeah, sure thing.” Answers Baekhyun.

 

With the new baby only 3 months away, it was about time Jongdae and Baekhyun got all of the necessary items. They still had clothes and other nick nacks that Minseok and Luhan had used but they definitely needed a new crib. Due to the twins birth and the conception of the baby being so close, by the time that the baby is born Minseok and Luhan will still be too small for them to use one of their cribs.

 

Grabbing the twins, Baekhyun walks to the car and buckles them into their car seats. As Baekhyun closes the car door he can see Jongdae wheeling the pram out to the car.

 

“Hey babe, let me do that.” Baekhyun says as he walks over and meets him in his way to the car.

 

Sighing, Jongdae relinquishes his hold on it without saying a word, knowing that Baekhyun would take it even if he said no. Baekhyun’s protective instincts had kicked in again and they kept rising as his belly grew bigger and bigger.

 

Knowing that Baekhyun was taking care of it, Jongdae hops into the passenger’s seat. Turning around, Jongdae looks at his boys. He stick his tongue out at them and they laugh, gums showing and eyes nearly closing. It always lifted his mood when he saw his kids laughed and smiled.

 

Once he had finished folding the pram and putting it in the boot, Baekhyun takes his place behind the wheel. He starts the engine and reverses out of the driveway.

 

~X~

 

After 15 minutes of driving they finally reach the shopping centre. When the car is parked both Baekhyun and Jongdae get out of the car. Baekhyun goes to the boot and retrieves the pram while Jongdae starts unbuckling the twins. After the twins are safely put into the pram they make their way into the shopping centre, Jongdae walking next to Baekhyun who insisted of pushing the pram.

 

Pretty soon they were in the aisles of ‘Babies r Us’, a store that literally has everything you would need for a pregnancy.

 

“Oh my god Baekhyun, look at this! It’s so cute.” Squealed Jongdae as he ed a cute little jumpsuit with an adorable bunny on it in Baekhyun’s direction.  “We have to get it.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile at this. Jongdae had an obsession with things that were cute and when it came to baby clothes and toys he could let his obsession run loose, and Baekhyun let him. It probably didn’t help that Baekhyun found them adorable as well.

 

“Go ahead. Just remember not to go overboard like you did last time and remember that we still have plenty of clothes at home. Some that haven’t even been worn yet.” Reminds Baekhyun.

 

Let’s just say that when they went shopping for clothes for the twins they came back with a lot more then they needed.

 

“Yes, I promise!”

 

Continuing to scan the aisles, Jongdae picks out a few more baby outfits before moving on to the maternity clothes section. Though he also had maternity clothes from the last pregnancy, most of them were too big for his current state.

 

“I love maternity clothes so much. They’re so comfy.” Praises Jongdae. “They’re so stretchy and even though I mourn the temporary inability to wear my skinny jeans, these pants are definitely a close second.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled but decided to keep his mouth shut. He wouldn’t say it but he did kind of miss Jongdae in skinny jeans. They did him justice and it was hard for Baekhyun to keep his eyes off of his when Jongdae wore them. They way that they could perfectly capture the shape and-

 

No. Baekhyun needed to stop that thought right now before he started to him in the middle of the store. No one wanted that and he was 100% sure that Jongdae would not like that. Not one bit at all.

 

“We need to go look for a crib.” Says Beakhyun as he pushes the pram with two now sleeping little boys towards Jongdae.

 

“Yeah.” Says Jongdae, tearing his gaze away from some pants which he had been trying to decide what colour to get. “Should we get one like Minnie and Lulu’s or should we get something different?”

 

“Hmm.” Baekhyun says as he thinks. “I think it’ll be good if we can get one the same but if we see one that we like better we can just get that.”

 

“Okay.” Answers Jongdae. “We should probably head over there now. I can see that you don’t want to stay here any longer then you have to.” Smirks Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun decides not to bless Jongdae with a response and instead starts to head off towards the furniture aisle.

 

Jongdae is well aware of Baekhyun’s distain for long shopping trips. Or just shopping in general. Jongdae had dragged an unwilling Baekhyun on many of them over the years. While Jongdae could spend hours in one shop, Baekhyun preferred to be in and out in the quickest time possible.

 

“Hey look at this one Beak! It’s exactly the same as the twins cribs.” Points Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun follows Jongdae finger to where he is pointing as see that the cribs is in fact the same as the ones they got for them twins. He also looks around and see’s that there isn’t that much of a selection. Including the one that Jongdae is looking at, there are only 3 other choices, two of which are painted pink and clearly for girls and another which is a ghastly green-yellow colour. Look like their option had been decided for them.

 

“Well it looks like we’re getting that one because the others wouldn’t be caught dead in my house.” Declares Baekhyun.

 

“Haha yeah. I’m not particularly fond other the others either.” Answers Jongdae. “Now we just need to find the boxed ones.”

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun both start searching for the box and when Baekhyun finds it all he can do is sigh.

 

“What?” questions Jongdae.

 

All Baekhyun needs to do is point and Jongdae has to sigh as well for the box is conveniently placed on the top shelf. The top shelf that neither one of them can reach. All both of them can do is blankly stare at it.

 

“God dammit Baek! Why do you have to be so short~” Whines Jongdae.

 

“Me!” Exclaims Baekhyun. “What about you. You’re shorter than me!”

 

Jongdae huffs and crosses his arms. “It’s not like that would make a difference. You wouldn’t let me get it even if I was.”

 

“So, you’re still shorter than me.” Baekhyun replies childishly.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae just continue to stare longingly at the box, both wishing that they were taller than the average Asian male.

 

“Um… I would help you but I don’t think my husband would be very happy with me.” Comes a voice from behind them.

 

Startled at the voice that had seemingly come out of nowhere, Baekhyun and Jongdae turn to see a man who is over 6 feet tall and clearly towers over them. Their gaze is diverted from his face and towards his stomach where a prominent bump can been seen. Jongdae would estimate it to be around 5 to 6 months.

 

“Damn right I wouldn’t.” Comes another voice. One much deeper than the other male.

 

Startled at the sudden appearance of another freakishly tall male, all Baekhyun and Jongdae could do was gape at them.

 

First to snap out of it is Jongdae who greets both men.

 

“Ahh hi.” He says. “Um do you think you would be able to give us a hand?” Jongdae asks the second man who he notices is only slightly shorter than the first man.

 

“Oh yeah sure.” The second man says cheerfully.

 

“Would you be able to get that box down from the shelf?”

 

“This one?” says the man as he points at it.

 

“Yeah.” Confirms Jongdae.

 

The man reaches up and carefully manoeuvres the box into a position that he can easily grab to get down. Once he had done that, he picks it up off the shelf and places it on the floor in front of Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

“Thank you so much for that.” Says Jondgae.

 

“Yes, thanks a lot.” Echoes Baekhyun.

 

The man just smiles. “It was no problem what so ever. I’m glad I could help.” He says. “Oh, and I’m Chanyeol by the way.” The now identified male says.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“Hi. I’m Jongdae. Oh, and these two little guys are Minseok and Luhan.” Jongdae says as he points at the twins.

 

“Oh my, aren’t they cute little things.” Say the man who has yet to introduce himself. “Oh and I almost forgot. I’m Yifan. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

Jongdae perked up at the sound of his voice. He could hear an accent that he didn’t notice earlier due to his surprise at his sudden appearance.

 

He turns his attention to Yifan. “You wouldn’t happen to be Chinese would you?”

 

Yifan’s attention is turned towards Jongdae.

 

“Yeah…”

 

At this Jongdae’s eyes light up.

 

“Ó, wǒ de shàngdì. Wǒ hái méiyǒu cóng wǒ mǔqīn de niánlíng gēn rènhé rén Mardarin fēnkāi!” (Oh my god. I haven’t talked to anyone in Mandarin apart from my mother in ages!) Jongdae says excitedly.

 

Surprised at Jongdae’s use of his native language, Yifan can’t help the joyful smile that stretches his lips.

 

“Nǐ shuō Mardarin? Děng děng, nǐ de míngzì shì hánguó rén, suīrán.” (You speak Mardarin? Wait, your name is Korean though.)

 

Jongdae just laughs. “Wǒ yīzhí zài wèn hěnduō cì. Zài zhōngguó de yībàn, dàn wǒ yǐjīng zhǎng dà jiǎng liǎng zhǒng.” (I've been asked that plenty of times. I’m half Chinese but I've been brought up speaking both.)

 

Zhè yě jiěshìle tā. Wúlùn nǎ zhǒng fāngshì, tā shì nàme hǎo zhōngyú yùjiàn yīgè zài hánguó shuí kěyǐ jiǎng.” (That explains it. Either way it's so good finally meeting someone in Korea who can speak it.) Replies Yifan.

 

While Yifan and Jongdae are having their own conversation, Chanyeol inches his way over to Baekhyun and the twins.

 

“Do you have any idea what they’re saying?” Whispers Chanyeol as they both witness their husbands talking to each other in rapid fire Mandarin.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. “I have no idea.”

 

Finally noticing that their husbands have no idea what they are saying, they both smile sheepishly at each other.

 

“Sorry, we kind of got carried away.” Says Yifan as he rubs his neck, embarrassed.

 

“No, it’s alright.” Says Chanyeol. “I haven’t seen you that excited in a while. It was nice to watch even though we had no idea what you were saying.”

 

“Yeah.” Agrees Baekhyun. “So what were the two of you talking about anyway?” He enquires.

 

“I was just telling Jongdae haw far along I am.” Replys Yifan.

 

“Baekhyun, he’s only due a month after me!” Says Jongdae excitedly.

 

“Oh really!”

 

“Yeah, and he’s expecting a boy as well! This is great. And they only live a block away from us. Maybe our kids could play together when they’re older!”

 

“That would be great!” Says Yifan.

 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun look at their husband with smiles on their faces. They loved seeing them happy.

 

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun. “Now how old are these little guys?”

 

“10 months.”

 

“Wow.” Whistles Chanyeol. “You sure do move fast.” He says with a little smirk.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun nudges Chanyeol with his elbow playfully. “It’s not like we planned it or anything. It just kind of happened.” Admitted Baekhyun.

 

“I feel you there.” Empathises Chanyeol. “Yifan’s pregnancy was a bit of a surprise but we don’t regret it.”

 

“Oh .” Yifan suddenly exclaims, jarring everyone out of their conversations. “Chanyeol, we’re supposed to be at your parents’ house for lunch in 30 minutes.”

 

“Dammit. Sorry we’re going to have to leave it at this.” Apologises Chanyeol. “Why do we meet up some time to get to know each other?”

 

“Yeah, I would love that.” Says Jongdae.

 

They all exchange contact details before Yifan and Chanyeol need to go.

 

“Sorry we have to leave so suddenly.” Apologises Yifan.

 

“No, it’s okay. Just make sure to message us when you know a good time for us to meet up.” Says Jondgae. “I’d really like to yet to know you and hopefully Minseok and Luhan will be awake to meet you.”

 

“Yeah that would be great.” Smiles Yifan and with a final wave both Chanyeol and Yifan are out of their sights.

 

“Well…” starts Baekhyun “That was interesting.”

 

“Yeah it was.” Agrees Jongdae. “They were nice.”

 

“Yeah, they were.” Baekhyun also agrees. “Come on, lets go pay for this so we can get out of here.”

 

“Okay. I guess we have been in here for a while.”

 

“To long~” Whines Baekhyun.

 

“Oh shut up you baby.” Scolds Jongdae. “Hey can we go and get some lunch after. This baby is hungry. He keeps assaulting my organs.”

 

“Sure. What do you want?”

 

“McDonalds.”

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

So there we have it! Yifan and Chanyeol have officially entered the story. Yay! xD Were any of you expecting it? And with Yifan being the bottom? Who do you think his baby is and have you figured out who the next Byun will be? Ahh, I was just so excited about writing this chapter. It was a lot of fun and I hope you liked it :)

I just finished writing chapter 6 and I have to say that it's my favourite so far. There's also a new character introduced. Who do you think it is :3 I have a break week from University so hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more chapters done. Tough I'll probably be getting a lot of studying done seeing as one of my units has a 49% fail rate D:

*Note- I'm not to sure if you have it where you are but Babies 'R' Us is a store that we have here in Australia that is connected to Toys 'R' Us and sells baby supplies.

See you all next week!