One Year

Paint

 

 

 

21st March 2017

 

It seemed as though Jongdae’s mother was right. A couple of days later Minseok and Luhan had calmed down. In the month since both of them had added a couple more teeth to their growing collection, thankfully with little crying. Both Baekhyun and Jongdae could enjoy their nights sleeping which came as a god send for Jongdae.

 

He was due in a month and couldn’t wait to get this little guy out of him. He had lost sight of his toes about 2 months ago and it was practically impossible for him to put on his own shoes. Baekhyun wasn’t always there to help him so he had settled on wearing slip on shoes to make it easier on himself. Like Minseok and Luhan, that doctor had said that this baby was quite small, though that was nothing to worry about, the fact that he was quite small himself gave him the illusion that the baby was a lot bigger than it actually was.

 

Anyway, today was a special day for their oldest boys. Today was their first birthday. They couldn’t believe that it had already been a year already. The time had just flown by. Their little family had gone from two to four and soon to be five. It all most didn’t seem real to Jongdae and Baekhyun.

 

They had planned a party for them, though they weren’t really sure that it could be called one. It was more like a little get together. The twins were only turning one and they didn’t want to make a big deal about it. They only people coming were Jongdae’s parents and Chanyeol and Yifan. Baekhyun’s parents weren’t even an option.

 

“Baekhyun!” called Jongdae. “Can you go give Minnie and Lu a bath please? My parents said they would be here at 12 and its 10:30. I have my hands full making the food.”

 

“Yeah, just give me a minute.” Comes the muffled reply from Baekhyun.

 

“What are you doing?” questions Jongdae. “It sounds like you’re struggling.”

 

“Umm…” Pauses Baekhyun. “…trying to wrap the presents.” He says timidly, embarrassed by his struggles with the patterned paper.

 

Jongdae just shakes his head, trying to hold in his snickers. “We both know you’re useless at wrapping. Don’t even try and deny it. Remember that disaster of a valentine’s day present 3 years ago?”

 

“Urggh, don’t remind me.” Shudders Baekhyun. “It was mortifying.”

 

“It was cute.” Teases Jongdae. “Just go and bath the boys and I’ll do it after I finish decorating the cake.”

 

“Okay.” He agrees.

 

Grabbing the two giggling boys from their play pen, Baekhyun hauls them to the bath room, he sits them down on the floor while he turns on the tap and adjusts the temperature. Baekhyun squirts some of their Thomas bubble bath, knowing that they love playing with the bubbles. When the water reaches the adequate height, he turns of the tap and takes off their pj’s.

 

As soon as they are put in the bath they both start splashing, flinging that water and bubbles everywhere, even onto Beakhyun. When bathing the boys, no one comes out dry. Both Baekhyun and Jongdae had learnt that. And Baekhyun being the man child that he is, can’t help but splash and play with them. Which in turn makes the twins giggle and splash harder.

 

Baekhyun loved moments like this where he could relax and play with his boys. A part from Jongdae they were the most important thing in his life.

 

“Come on you little rascals! Time to get out. Grandma and Grandpa are going to be here soon.” Baekhyun sings as he pull the plug out and reaches for their towel. Wrapping it snuggly around both of them he brings them up into his arms and walks out of the bathroom and into their room.

 

Once he enters he can see that Jongdae had already gotten their clothes out for him.

 

“Ahhh, you make things so easy for me.” He mutters to himself. Baekhyun knows that if he had picked out their clothes Jongdae would have come back up to change them. Baekhyun’s fashion sense wasn’t exactly…good. According to Jongdae anyway.

 

“Now lets get you into these clothes before your Mama scolds me for taking too long.” He says as he dries Minseok and Luhan. He gently rubs their hair with the towel, absorbing the water which cause them to giggle. Laughing in response, he tickles their necks before he wrestles them into their clothes.

 

Dressing them can sometimes be a nightmare. They much preferred to walk around with a nappy on or completely . However they would always make them at least wear a singlet or shirt along with a nappy.

 

“Are they ready yet?” comes a call from the kitchen downstairs.

 

“Yeah, we’re finished.” He replies. “Looks like our time is up.” Baekhyun says to Minseok and Luhan who just smile and look up at him. He grabs both of them and heads downstairs. When Jongdae sees him he smiles.

 

“Just put them in their pen and come and help me with this.” He says, gesturing to all of the food that he had prepared.

 

After placing them in their pen he goes over to help Jongdae.

 

“What do you want me to do?” he asks.

 

“Just put the food on the dining room table. I need to go and have a shower before everyone gets here. I have icing everywhere.” Jongdae complains.

 

“I can do that.” Baekhyun says before something on Jongdae’s face distracts him. Something blue. Blue icing. A cheeky smile forms on his face and he leans forward. Jongdae, thinking that Baekhyun is leaning in for a kiss does the same. It’s only at the last minute that Baekhyun’s lips move away from Jongdae’s and instead his tongue darts out and the icing off of his face.

 

Jongdae pushes a laughing Baekhyun away and slaps him on the shoulder. “Eww. What did you do that for?!” he exclaims.

 

“I’ve worse.” Is what Baekhyun replies with and he watches as Jongdae’s face turns a bold red. Turning on his heel he walks upstairs in obvious embarrassment.

 

Being the smartass he is, Baekhyun can’t help but comment.

 

“You know you love it.”

 

~X~

 

“Mama, Uppa! You’re here.” Greets Jongdae as he pulls his parents into a hug.

 

“Of course.” replies his father. “How could I miss my grandsons first birthday?”

 

“We wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Affirms his mother.

 

“Come on in.” says Jongdae as he steps aside to let them pass. “Minnie and Lu are in the lounge room.”

 

“Great. We have some presents to give them.” Says Liyin.

 

“Please tell me you didn’t go overboard.” Questions Jongdae. He knows how his mother is. She’ll take any opportunity to spoil the twins, saying she needs to spend her money on someone.

 

“They’re me grandchildren. I’m allowed to spoil them if it want to.” She defends. Leaving no room for argument. You do not argue with Mrs Kim.

 

“Where’s Baekhyun?” Enquired his father.

 

“Just upstairs getting dressed. He should be down soon.” Says Jongdae. “And please control yourself. I know you love teasing him.”

 

“Oh come on. You know there’s never any harm done. He’s like a son to me.” He says in fake offense.

 

“Yeah, no harm done.” Says Baekhyun as he comes down the stairs.

 

“Baekhyun!” Shouts his father as he pats him on the back. “How are you doing my boy?”

 

“Pretty good.” Says Baekhyun

 

Their conversation was interrupted when there was a knock on the front door.

 

“That must be Chanyeol and Yifan.” Says Jongdae as he goes to answer the door. Opening it, he is greeted by the sight of the two giants themselves.

 

“Hey guys. You made it!” Smiles Jongdae.

 

“Yeah. Though it’s not like we could reject the offer.” Teases Chanyeol.

 

“Like we would have anyway.” Responds Yifan as he rubs his lower back which Jongdae notices.

 

“Sore.”

 

“Yes. It’s killing me.” Complains Yifan.

 

“Come inside and sit down then.” Jongdae corals them into the lounge room where everyone else is. He points Yifan to the lounge, telling him to sit down on it. “Mama, Uppa. This is Chanyeol and Yifan.” Jongdae introduces.

 

“Hi.” Smiles his mother. “I’m Liyin and this is my husband Jonghyun. It’s nice meeting you.”

 

“Nice meeting you as well.” Says both Chanyeol and Yifan, being respectful to their unfamiliar elders.

 

“My, look at you. How far along are you dear?” Liyin asks Yifan excitedly. She always gets excited at the mere mention of kids.

 

“Just over 7 months.” Answers Yifan.

 

“Isn’t that nice.”

 

“Yeah, but I can’t wait for it so be over.” Yifan says exasperated.

 

“Don’t we all.” Buts in Jongdae. “But enough of that. I thinks it’s time to give the birthday boys their presents.”

 

With everyone agreeing, everyone gathers in the around Minseok and Luhan and one by one give them their presents. Jongdae’s parents had gotten them some waterproof books and other toys that they could play wit in the bath, as well as a little sandbox that they could set up in the back yard.

 

Yifan and Chanyeol had gotten them a little toy piano and a little sports centre playset that included basketball and soccer. Which didn’t come as a surprise considering that in the couple of months that they had known each other both Chanyeol and Yifan had proved to be avid sports fans who had both been the captains of their high school basketball teams. Though, looking at Chanyeol you wouldn’t even realise it. He just walked around like a baby giraffe whose limbs were too long.

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun had gifted their sons with blocks, a little cubby house and stuffed toys with matching onesie’s. Though they were a bit too big for them at the moment they would soon grow into them. Jongdae couldn’t wait because they were just too cute! Minseok had gotten the cat while Luhan had gotten the deer.

 

However throughout the whole process they seemed much more interested in the wrapping paper them they did with their actual presents. Which to be fair didn’t really surprise anyone at all. They were only a year old.

 

“You guys ready for some cake?” Jongdae asked after all of the twins presents had been unwrapped.

 

“Yeah. How do you want to do it?” enquires Baekhyun.

 

“Just put them in their highchairs and we’ll sing ‘Happy Birthday’. After that we can just set them down on a matt and give them cake. It’s what my parents did to me.” Ahh those were the days.

 

“Okay then.”

 

When everyone was gathered in the dinning room they began to sing ‘Happy Birthday’, Jongdae and his mother taking pictures of them at the same time.

 

Happy Birthday to you

 

Happy Birthday to you

 

Happy Birthday dear Minseok and Luhan

 

Happy Birthday to you~

 

“Now who wants cake?” asks Jongdae and of course everyone says yes, Chanyeol being the most enthusiastic.

 

“Urgghh. It’s going to cleaning up after them.” Whines Baekhyun as he watches Minseok and Luhan smash their pieces of cake in their hands as they sloppily bring it up to their mouths, getting more on their bodies then actually in their mouth.

 

Soon it was time for the party to winds down. Yifan and Chanyeol were the first to go, Yifan having a doctor’s appointment that he couldn’t miss. Not to long after that his parents had to leave as well and it was only the four of them left.

 

“It think today went really good. Yifan and Chanyeol got along really well with my parents and we all had fun. Especially Minnie and Lu with the wrapping paper and cake.” Laughs Jongdae.

 

“Yeah, it was nice.” Says Baekhyun as he comes up and hugs Jongdae from behind. “I just can’t wait for this little guy to join us.” He says as he brings his hands from Jongdae’s waist to his belly, lovingly caressing the bump. They starts rocking from side to side as if dancing to music.

 

“Well it won’t be long now.” Says Jongdae, losing himself in the motions.

 

“Not long at all.”

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

And another member of Jongdae's family has been revealed. I couldn't help but make Jonghyun Jongdae's dad. They really do look like each other. They both have similar personalities and facial structures and their voices are just heaven. Baby three will be on the way pretty soon! And Minseok and Luhan are a year old now.

Assignments have been piling up and I have my Exams in June but I'll try to keep with my schedule of updates every Wednesday. Today I handed in two of my major assignments and I am tired as hell. After I post this guess who's going to bed. Me and it's only 2:30pm.