Pink Lines and Doubts

Paint

 

 

 

 

7th September 2017

 

“Are you sure you’re okay watching them by yourself?” Jongdae says to Baekhyun as he collects his belongings from the kitchen counter.

 

Approximately 20 minutes ago Jongdae had received a call from Yifan asking his to meet him at the nearest café. Sensing the nervousness in his voice Jongdae couldn’t refuse so he readily agreed, worried about what his friend wanted to tell him.

 

“Oh stop worrying. We’ll all be fine. It’s not like I’m invalid.” Assures Baekhyun, but the last sentence has Jongdae having second thoughts.

 

“You practically were nearly 3 weeks ago.” Sasses Jongdae, miffed.

 

“Come on. I thought we talked about that. And besides, this gives me an opportunity to spend some quality time with my boys.”

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” Surrenders Jongdae. “I’ll be back later. Junmyeon’s bottle is in the fridge, all you need to do is heat it up and just make Minnie and Lulu and sandwich.” He says, giving Baekhyun a quick kiss before he’s out the door.

 

Seeing as the café wasn’t too far away, Jongdae had decided to walk. He had missed this. Just being able to walk down the streets without people sending him curious gazing when he was equipped with three children. Like had they never seen a man pushing a pram before?

 

As the walk was short he soon arrives at the café and can see that Yifan has already arrived. Walking into the café, he goes over to the booth that Yifan had situated himself in and taps him on the shoulder. Jumping slightly, Yifan turns and smiles when he sees Jongdae, giving his a hug before Jongdae sits down on the opposite side of the booth.

 

“You sounded nervous on the phone.” Says Jongdae, breaking the silence and getting straight to the point. “What wrong?”

 

“U-um well…” stutters Yifan as he rubs the back of his neck. It’s a gesture of nervousness and unease, Jongdae recognises it well. Baekhyun does the same thing. Instead of answering verbally, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a long white object. He looks around as if to see if anyone’s looking before placing it on the table in front of Jongdae.

 

Jongdae doesn’t even need to take a proper look at the object to know what it is, having been extremely familiar with it himself.

 

“Oh my god! Are you serious!” whispers (yells) Jongdae, gripping Yifan’s shoulders and shaking them. Lying on the table is a pregnancy test. Two pink lines indicating a positive result. “Congratulations!”

 

Yifan gives a small smile. One that doesn’t quite reach his eyes and Jongdae catches it.

 

“Why don’t you look to happy about that?” questions Jongdae, a little confused. “Do you not want it?”

 

“No!” bursts out Yifan, startling Jongdae. “I do, it’s just…”

 

“Just what?” asks Jongdae, carefully.

 

“It’s just…would Chanyeol be happy? Would he want it?” Yifan says in a small voice.

 

Jongdae is blown away. “Of course he would! Why wouldn’t he?” Jongdae may not know Chanyeol as well as Yifan does but what he does know it that he would be ecstatic about the news. Chnayeol’s definitely a family man and he absolutely adores kids.

 

“We, we never really talked about having any more kids and he hasn’t really expressed any interest in having more than one.” Explains Yifan. “I mean, Yixing certainly wasn’t planned.”

 

“He may not have been planned,” starts Jongdae. “but you know more than anyone else how happy he was when he found out he was going to be a father.” He comforts. “Why would this time be any different?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“I can tell you right now that Junmyeon wasn’t planned at all. Baekhyun and I hadn’t even discussed having more after the twins.” Continues Jongdae. “But when I told him I was pregnant he was happy. Surprised but happy.”

 

Yifan listens and absorbs Jongdae’s words.

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” Yifan finally agrees.

 

Jongdae smiles and gets up to sit next to Yifan and side hugs him. For on lookers this might have been a strange sight. A tiny man comforting another one which is over 6 feet tall but they didn’t care at all.

 

“You should tell him as soon as possible.”

 

“Yeah I will.” Promises Yifan. “As soon as he gets home from the school.” Like Jongdae, Chanyeol is a teacher though instead of art, he teaches music. Music is one on the many loves in his life. In his spare time he also composes and produces songs. Songs that famous artists can been heard singing. Though only close friends would know that. He uses an alias when producing, preferring his personal and professional lives to remain separate. Most of the artists that sings his songs don’t even know who his is.

 

“I want the details.” Says Jongdae. “Every. Single. One.” He points out.

 

Yifan nods his head in agreement.

 

“You won’t believe what happened when I went and got the test this morning though.”

 

“Go on.” Says Jongdae simply as he sips on his ice coffee had had ordered earlier. He’s always ready for a story.

 

“Okay, so I walked up the counter with the tests and the employee scanned it…” tells Yifan. “and he asks me ‘Is this for your wife’ and I was like no it’s for me and the look he gave me, I couldn’t decide if I wanted to laugh or punch him in the face.” He says.

 

Jongdae snickers into his hand.

 

“It was like his brain had forcefully ejected itself from his head. He looked mortified like he couldn’t comprehend why I would need a pregnancy text. What are they teaching kids these days? Is education even in the curriculum?!” Rages Yifan.

 

Jongdae just looks on in amusement, enjoying Yifan’s rant immensely.

 

“I don’t know, why do you ask Chanyeol?”

 

“God no.” blanches Yifan. “He had to relief for a year 10 health class once.” He begins. “Straight after he went to the office and put in a request to never be called in to relief a health class even again. When he got home he looked traumatised.”

 

Jongdae couldn’t help it. He burst out laughing. Just picturing it was enough to have him in stitches.

 

“Yeah, it was pretty hilarious.” Agrees Yifan.

 

Yifan and Jongdae spends the next couple of hours catching up before they both have to go. Yifan was becoming angsty. He had left Yixing in the care of their baby sitter, an 18 years old girl looking for some money while she was studying. It was the first time she had been left with him and Yifan wasn’t used to someone being alone with his son yet.

 

Both had walked to the café so part of the way back they walked together before splitting off and going in their separate directions. Jongdae spent the rest of the trip smiling to himself, happy for Yifan and Chanyeol and thanking god that they met them at the shop. They have all become the best of friends.

 

“I’m home!” shouts Jongdae as he comes through the front door.

 

“We’re in the playroom!” comes Baekhyun’s answering reply.

 

Walking into the playroom he sees all of his boys together. Little Junmyeon is passed out on the floor, lying on the boys little pull out lounge, empty bottle discarded near his head and thumb lodged into his mouth. Minseok is seated in Baekhyun’s lap as he reads out aloud to him and Luhan is beside them, quietly colouring on a piece of paper.

 

“What did he say?” enquires Baekhyun after he finishes the book. Minseok gets off on Baekhyun’s lap and comes over to Jongdae, hugging him around the neck.

 

“Hello baby!” says Jongdae as he returns the hug before he answers Baekhyun.

 

“Oh nothing much. Just that he and Chanyeol are expecting.” Brushes off Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. “Wow really?!”

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“Why did he want to see you then?” asks Baekhyun, curious.

 

“He was having some doubts. But I reassured him.”

 

“Ahh.” Says Baekhyun, understanding completely. Yifan wasn’t the only one who have had doubts. “I’m glad he called you then.”

 

“Yeah. Me to.” Affirms Jongdae. What were friends for?

 

~X~

 

Jongdae’s phone beeps and he picks it up. Opening the message he reads it before smiling.

 

“I told you so.” Is what leaves his lips before he puts it down and goes in to check on Junmyeon.

 

From: Fanfan

He won’t stop touching my stomach  -_-

….You were right.

 


Bit of a short chapter this week. I've got one more exam left and then I'm free to write as much as I want. Some of you will also have noticed that this chapter is a day early. I decided to post it today as a little bit of a consolation for posting last weeks chapter late. Also because I won't be home at all tomorrow. After I finish my last exam I'm going out with some friends after and then going out with family for dinner to celebrate my birthday which is today! Now I have to adult. I don't want to adult! D: Gone is the excuse that I'm still a 'kid', I can no longer hide behind it.

This chapter felt like a bit of a filler to me, but things will move along more pretty soon. And a new Park is going to be joining soon! Xingxing is gonna be a big brother xD

I want to thankyou all for reading and enjoying my story. I didn't expect this to get so many views and subscribers. Just reached 70 subs today! :D It's really helped me deal with University.

See you next week!