Little Prince

Paint

I'm back~


 

 

 

 

15th July 2018

 

Baekhyun knew that he shouldn’t let those looks get to him but he couldn’t help himself. In front of him stood his two boys, eyes glued to his face and pleading, looking at him like a puppy would when it wants something. He could feel his stern composure beginning to crumble, especially when Luhan’s lip began to tremble and his eyes began to dampen.

 

That was the last straw. He knew he had failed.

 

“Fine. Yes you can have one.” He says and the twins sad faces morph into ones of joy, Luhan’s trembling lip and glassy eyes now nowhere to be seen like they were a figure of his imagination.

 

He knows he’s been played, by none other than a pair of two year olds and it hurts his pride just a little. I mean come on, he’s stared down criminals and murders but he can’t even resist a pair of two year olds and their puppy dog eyes.

 

Baekhyun reaches up into the cupboard and brings down the cookie jar and he witnesses Minseok and Luhan’s eyes follow his every move.

 

“Okay, you can have one.” He starts. “But you cannot, I repeat cannot, let your mother know.” He emphasises and he receives two eager nods from his boys.

 

Smiling he opens the jar, two hands darting into it before they leave just as fast as they had come and running out of the kitchen like they hadn’t been in their in the first place. Amuse at their antic he shakes his head and places the jar back into its original place. He closes the cupboard and freezes.

 

There, standing at the door way of the kitchen is his husband, free hand on his hip and other holding Junmyeon to his chest and his eyebrow raised in question.

 

“Um…” Baekhyun says lamely, hand scratching the back of his head.

 

“Did I just see our sons run out of here with cookies in their hands when I specifically told you not to give them any?” Jongdae asks, though it’s more of an accusation than an actual question.

 

“…maybe.” He responds and if anything Jongdae’s eyebrow arches even higher. “Sorry.” He then says sheepishly.

 

Jongdae sighs. “They have you wrapped around their little fingers don’t they.”

 

“Yep. One hundred percent.” Baekhyun says, not even stopping to deny it. They’ve had him wrapped around his fingers from the moment they were born.

 

Jongdae smiles in defeat. What could he do?

 

“Here. Come and take Myeonnie.” Jongdae says, passing the placid little boy over to his father. “My arm hurts.” He whines, rubbing it when Junmyeon is securely placed in Baekhyun’s arms.

 

“Still?” he asks.

 

A couple of days ago Jongdae had slipped and bruised up his arm pretty bad. Thankfully nothing had been broken, both of them had sighed in relief, but a nasty bruise had been left behind. The day after he could barely move his arm without wincing in pain but it had gradually gotten better.

 

“Yeah. Just when I use it for too long.” Jongdae says.

 

“Have you been putting that cream the doctor prescribed on?”

 

Jongdae sigh in exasperation. “Yes Baek.” He drawls. “And you should know considering you’re the one whose been putting it on for me.” He points out.

 

Baekhyun’s face goes red, embarrassed that he could have forgotten something like that.

 

“Right…” Baekhyun trails off, unsure of what to say next.

 

Junmyeon who is leisurely situated in his father arms shoves his hand into his mouth and begins chewing on it. They both know the signs. He’ll probably start to teeth within the next few weeks. Both parents only hoped it would be a smoother ride than what it had been with Minseok and Luhan. Now that was an emotionally painful experience.

 

“Seeing as you were ered into giving the boys a cookie you might as well let Junmyeon have one. But make sure it one of the plain ones! He doesn’t need any more sugar than necessary.” Says Jongdae before he disappears out of the kitchen, leaving Baekhyun and Junmyeon as the only occupants in there.

 

“Well buddy, Mama said you can have a little treat.” He says smiling. Junmyeon smiles to, not because he can understand what his father is saying but because his father is smiling and that makes him want to as well.

 

While Junmyeon is munching on his beloved cookie Baekhyun takes them both to the lounge room were Jongdae is playing with the boys. Jongdae’s mobile phone which is on the coffee table begins to ring, taking his attention away from Minseok and Luhan.

 

[Jongin Calling]

 

“Oh hey Jongin. What’s-“

 

“Oh my god hyung I don’t know what to do. Holy ! Oh my god tell me what I should do-“

 

“Woah, woah, woah. Jongin calm down what’s going on?” Jongdae says, trying to calm down a frantic Jongin.

 

Baekhyun’s attention is now focused on Jongdae and with a look Jongdae puts the phone on loud speaker so he can tune in on the conversation.

 

“Just… oh god.”

 

“Jongin.” Jongdae says firmly. “I need you to tell me what’s going on.”

 

There’s a small pause. Baekhyun and Jongdae can hear some shuffling before the obviously frazzled boy responds.

 

“Kyungsoo’s in labour.”

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae look at each other with wide eyes.

 

“Have you called an ambulance?”

 

“Yes but there’s none available at the moment because there was a major crash on the highway. I called for a cab but they said it won’t be here for at least an hour and I don’t think he can last that long.” Jongin says, begin to turn frantic again. “I tried calling Ryeowook hyung but he’s not picking up and I can’t drive there because I don’t have a drivers licence and Ryeowook has the car anyway!” he shouts.

 

“Okay Jongin you need to take a deep breath before you hyperventilate.” Jonggdae advises and he hears a loud intake of air coming from over the phone. “Good, now I need you to stay calm for Kyungsoo okay. He doesn’t need the extra stress. I’m on my way. Give me around five minutes.” He says and he can practically see Jongin nodding on the other side.

 

“Okay hyung.” Jongin says before he hangs up.

 

Jongdae shoots up from and races to grab his keys, Baekhyun following a few paces behind him.

 

“I need to get over there. You stay here with the kids and I’ll call you when I get to the hospital.” He says and Baekhyun is ready to protest but stops himself because what Jongdae has said does make sense. There’s no room for them all to go and someone has to stay with the kids. Jongdae’s parents are out of town and it would just take more time than what they had anyway.

 

“Okay.” He relents, giving Jongdae a peck on the lips before he’s racing out of the door. Only to come back seconds later and snatch the forgotten keys off of the table. Can’t go anywhere without them can you.

 

Less than five minutes later Jongdae is climbing up the stairs to Kyungsoo’s apartment. Jongin meets him at the door and ushers him inside to where Kyungsoo is seated on the lounge, hand wrapped around his stomach and face pinched in what Jongdae knows is pain. Contractions hurt like a .

 

“Hey Kyungsoo.” Jongdae says when he’s standing beside him. Kyungsoo looks up and Jongdae can see the relief that flashes in his eyes when he notices that the elder has arrived. “How are you feeling?” he asks in a comforting voice.

 

“It hurts Jongdae.” He admits, breaking of into a whine when a contraction makes his abdominal muscles clench and tighten.

 

“I know it hurts.” Jongdae says softly. “Has your water broken yet?”

 

“Yeah.” Says Jongin for him who is standing a little of to the side. “It broke not long before I called you.” He says, rubbing his hands nervously.

 

“Okay, we need to get you to the hospital. This little guy wants to come out and meet the world.” Jongdae says smiling at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo returns the smile despite the pain that he’s feeling. He can’t wait to hold him in his arms.

 

“Jongin can you go and get his bag while I help him into the car?” Jongdae asks Jongin and the boy immediately goes off into Kyungsoo’s room. “Let’s get you to the hospital.” He says, helping Kyungsoo up onto his feet and out of the apartment.

 

As they reach Jongdae’s car Jongin comes up behind them, dropping the bag off in the front passenger seat.

 

“Jongin I want you to put your back up against the door and have Kyungsoo leaning on you. It’ll help him deal with the pain.” Jongdae suggests.

 

Jongin nod his head in acceptance, a faint blush adoring his cheeks when Kyungsoo is pressed up against him. Jongdae doesn’t miss the action but he doesn’t comment on it. It’s not the time or the place.

 

It takes them 15 minutes to get to the hospital. On the way there Kyungsoo suffers through a couple more contractions but Jongin is there through it all, letting the smaller boy grip his hand and whispering words of comfort so low that Jongdae has to strain his ears to hear them.

 

Baekhyun must have called ahead because nurses are waiting for them when they arrive, a wheelchair on hand. They help Kyungsoo into it before wheeling him into the hospital and down the corridors to the birthing suite.

 

“I’m sorry but there’s only enough room for one of you to stay with him.” One of the nurses say. Jongin’s about to say Jongdae can go inn but a hand on his shoulder stops him.

 

“I think you should go.” Jongdae says, knowing smile pulling at his lips.

 

Jongin swallows unsure, but a pleading look sent to him from Kyungsoo shuts him up and he nods his head, sending them both a shaky smile.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin are both lead towards a room, disappearing from Jongdae’s sight when the door is closer. They’re both so cute Jongdae just can’t with them.

 

“Hey.” Comes a familiar voice from over the phone.

 

“Hey to you too.” Jongdae answers and there’s a chuckle coming from the others throat.

 

“How’s Kyungsoo?”

 

“He’s good. Well as good and can be expected.” He says. “He scared but that’s to be expected as well. But Jongin’s in with him.”

 

“Is he now?” Baekhyun says and Jongdae clicks his tongue. “Yeah okay. I’ll shut up.” He says. “Nah, but seriously. I think it’s good for both of them.” Baekhyun comments and Jongdae can’t help but agree.

 

“I’ll call you later okay?” Jongdae says and Baekhyun responds in conformation.

 

“Love you.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

After hanging up Jongdae takes a seat. All he can do now is wait for updates. Suddenly his phone begins to ring. It’s Ryeowook.

 

“Hey Jongdae. I have like million missed calls from Jongin and I’ve tried calling him back but he’s not answering. Is he with you by any chance?”

 

“Hyung you might want to come to the hospital. Kyungsoo’s in labour.”

 

“Oh really!?” he exclaims.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Give me a half an hour and I’ll be there.” He says and hangs up, leaving Jongdae hanging. He just shrugs it off, not offended in the slightest.

 

Thirty minutes later Ryeowook it tearing down the corridors like a maniac. When he sees Jongdae he runs up to him and sits beside him.

 

“How is he?” he asks, sounding puffed out. Jongdae thinks he must have ran all of the way from the carpark.

 

“Don’t know.” Jongdae answers. “But I’m sure it’s not going to be too be two long until we have another little guy join the family.” He says and they both smile.

 

“That’s great.” Ryeowook say sincerely. “But we need some ladies to break up this testosterone filled family.” He laughs.

 

“Well you’re not wrong there.” Jongdae agrees.

 

They sit there for another hour before the door to Kyungsoo’s room is opened, a slightly pale but wide smiling Jongin emerging from it.

 

“H-he’s perfect.” He says, smiling stupidly at Jongdae and Ryeowook. “He wants you guys to come in and meet him.”

 

Jongdae and Ryeowook both make their way towards the room. They are greeted by a tired but happy looking Kyungsoo who gives them the widest smile they had even seen from the younger boy. In his arms he is holding a little bundle wrapped in a blanket.

 

They silently move to stand on either side of Kyungsoo so that the new born baby in in their eye sight.

 

“Oh Kyungsoo, he’s beautiful.” Jongdae whispers, reaching out and lightly running the back of his index finger on the baby boys chubby cheek. He stirs for a moment before settling again, face peaceful in his first sleep outside of the womb.

 

“He’s just precious.” Ryeowook echoes, amazed at the tiny human boy held in the boy who he sees as a sons’ arms.

 

“What’s his name?” Jongdae ask, curious. Kyungsoo hadn’t told any of them what he was going to name his baby, wanting to keep it hidden until he was born. Just like what Yifan had done for Zitao.

 

“Sehun.” Kyungsoo says gazing lovingly at his son. His own flesh and blood. “Do Sehun. My little prince.”

 

 


 

I'm back from my two week hiatus. I want to thank everyone for being understanding and showering me with lots of support. Because of you guys I went into my prac with a happy heart and I did wonderfully. It was a great experience and I really learnt a lot from it. You guys are what keeps me going and wanting to give you more stories :) 

Now back to this chapter. It may be 23 chapters in but all of EXO are finally actual characters in this story now. Little Sehun is adorable ^^ Kyungsoo and Jongin sure seem close don't they ;) God I've been watching clips from EXO in Bangkok and Hiroshima and I'm so jealous. I want to go to an EXO concert at least once in my life but for that I'll probably have to go overseas. I don't really see them coming to Australia, at least anytime soon and even if they do I'll have to fly over east to actaully see them :( I can't wait for their variety show episodes to come out! I'm hell excited. It's seems as though SM were listening to our pleas. But Jongdae finally getting to meet Daeul on Return of Superman takes the top of the cake xD

Usual updates of this story should be continuing to as they originally were - every Wednesday. I've got a few Assignments to catch up on due to my prac but other than that it's all good.

P.S. I have a Kaichen/Chenkai story that I've been writing ;D The foreword is already out. Check it out here!

See you guys next week!!