Unplanned

Paint

 

 

September 29th 2016

 

Baekhyun comes home from work to find a silent house. All of the lights were off and not a soul could be seen. Strange.

 

It had been a while since Baekhyun had come home to a quiet house. Not since the twins were born. The house was usually full of life, the sounds of baby’s laughter and crying bouncing off the walls. He’s used to Jongdae greeting him when we walks through the door, kissing him full on the lips and asking how his day was. Yes. This wasn’t normal. Not normal at all.

 

Though he loved his job, he wished he could stay home and play with his little boys. At 6 months old they were just starting to roll themselves over and it wouldn’t be long until they could crawl and started causing mischief.

 

Minseok and Luhan were the cutest little things he had ever seen and he was blessed to call them his. At the beginning, adjusting was hard. Both Baekhyun and Jongdae had got barely any sleep. Taking care of one newborn baby was hard, but two was an even bigger challenge. When one cried, so did the other. When one was hungry, so was the other. When one wanted attention, guess what, so did the other.

 

They soon got it worked out and now Minseok and Luhan slept for a solid 6 hours at night, which brings large amounts of relief to both Baekhyun and Jongdae. They no longer looked like zombies.

 

Walking into the kitchen Baekhyun places his keys and wallet on the bench and drapes his coat on one of the chairs before poling his head into the living room.

 

“Jongdae.” Baekhyun calls out only to look around and spot an empty room. Jongdae wasn’t there.

 

Baekhyun then makes his way upstairs. Once he had reached the top he started to make his way down the hall. He stops at a door and carefully inches it open. There, in the dark he could see to cribs, each with a sleeping little body occupying them. Smiling, Baekhyun walks over to them and gazes down at the. They looked so peaceful, their little eyes closed, their cubby checks and little chest moving up and down.

 

Leaning over Baekhyun places a kiss on each of their brows, being careful not to disturb them before walking back out of the room and gently closing the door. Continuing back down the hall, Baekhyun makes his way to the door at the end.

 

“Jongdae…” Baekhyun calls gently as he opens the door.

 

The room was dark, the only light coming from the hallway and the moon from the window. Baekhyun could see a figure siting on the bed, looking out of the window. Baekhyun didn’t even need to come closer to see who it was for he could recognise Jongdae no matter what.

 

Flicking on the light, Jongdae’s form was now fully identifiable. Baekhyun could see that he hadn’t moved from his position looking out of the window. It didn’t even seem like he had noticed Baekhyun’s presence at all.

 

Concerned, Baekhyun walks over and lightly put his hand on Jongdae's shoulder.

 

“Jongdae. Are you okay?”

 

“I’m going to ing cut your off with a fork.”

 

Startled, Baekhyun jerks back and his eyes widened. Holy !

 

“Umm…please don’t.”

 

Jongdae turns to glare at his husband.

 

“Why shouldn’t I?”

 

“Because you love it when-“

 

“Don’t you even dare finish that sentence.”

 

Closing his mouth, Baekhyun swallows. What had he done? Jongdae was fine when he left this morning. Maybe a little tired but that was it. Baekhyun was snapped out of it when Jongdae suddenly stood up and walked into the bathroom. Before Baekhyun could follow him in the door was slammed shut and Baekhyun heard the sound of the lock click, signalling that Jongdae had locked the door.

 

Groaning, Baekhyun leans his head against the door.

 

“Jongdae. Come on. I don’t know what’s wrong. Please tell me.”

 

No reply.

 

“Jongdae~” Baekhyun whines.

 

Still no answer.

 

“Fine then. Be a .” Huffs Baekhyun.

 

Suddenly the door flies open and a wild looking Jongdae appears.

 

“This is all you fault!” Jongdae yells and Baekhyun is surprised. It’s not often that Jongdae yells in anger. “Why couldn’t you just keep it in your pants?!”

 

Jongdae’s breathing gets deeper and deeper. If he keeps this up he’s going to hyperventilate. Baekhyun needs to calm him down.

 

Grabbing Jongdae by the shoulders Baekhyun lightly shakes him.

 

“Jongdae babe. You need to calm down. Come on, breath with me.” Baekhyun instructs. “In, out. In, out.”

 

Jongdae begins to calm down and his breathing goes back to normal. Baekhyun kisses his brow and smooths his hard back.

 

“Better?”

 

Jongdae nods.

 

“Can you tell me what’s wrong now?”

 

Jongdae chews on his bottom lip. He looks nervous and conflicted notes Baekhyun. 

 

“mpgsdfr” Jongdae mumbles.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t hear that.”

 

Jongdae takes a deep breath.

 

“I’m pregnant.”

 

Everything seems to freeze. What? Pregnant? Wha…?

 

“Baek…” Jongdae says uncertainly. “Please say something.”

 

Snapped out of his daze, Baekhyun focuses on Jongdae and is shocked to see tears making their way down his cheeks. Baekhyun immediately goes to wipe them off. He hates it when Jongdae cries.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

“I-I don’t know.” Sobs Jongdae.

 

“Do you want to get rid of it?” Asks Baekhyun.

 

“What! No!” Jongdae exclaims. “Why would you say that?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Baekhyun apologises. “I just had to ask.”

 

Baekhyun hugs Jongdae tight.

 

“Why are you so upset?”

 

“I-It’s just that Minseok and Luhan are only 6 months old and we’re still adjusting. It’s to early and what if it’s twins again oh god what if it’s triplets I don’t know if I can do this It’s too soon oh my god I can’t oh god and-“

 

“Jongdae, you’re rambling.”

 

Jongdae seems to realise and shuts his mouth.

 

“I agree that it’s also pretty soon but we’ll be okay.”

 

Jongdae buries his head in Baekhyun’s chest.

 

“How can you be so sure?” Jongdae asks in a small voice.

 

“Because it’s us and we can do anything when we’re together.” Baekhyun smiles.

 

Jongdae groans. “That’s was too cheesy.”

 

“You know me, always-“

 

But before Baekhyun can finish Jongdae bolts out of his arms into the bathroom where sound of retching can be heard moments later. Baekhyun makes his way into the bathroom and sits on the side of the bath next to the toilet, rubbing Jongdae’s back.

 

“Urghh.”

 

“You alright?”

 

“This, I didn’t miss.”

 

When Jongdae finished emptying his guts, he thoroughly brushed his teeth then drowned his mouth in mouth wash, eradicating the taste of vomit. He hated it.

 

“Feeling better?”

 

Jongdae smiles. “Much better.”

 

“We good now?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Yeah, we’re good.”

 

Jongdae emphasises this with pressing his lips flat against Baekhyun’s and kissing him passionately. Jongdae opens his mouth and Baekhyun immediately on Jongdae’s tongue, making him moan in pleasure. Soon the need for air arises and they disconnect, gazing at each other lovingly.

 

“I love you.” Baekhyun says.

 

Jongdae can’t help the smile that paints itself on his face.

 

“I love you to. Wo ai ni.

 

Breaking apart, Jongdae makes his way into the bedroom.

 

“Oh, and Baek.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Keep your away from me.”

 

“What!” exclaimed Baekhyun. “It’s not like I can get you pregnant.”

 

“I wouldn’t put it past you.” Jongdae mumbles.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing!”

 

Their family was about to get a little bit bigger.

 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

 

Okay guys, I have confession to make. This story was only supposed to be 3 chapters long but I was struck with a sudden bout of imagination and decided to make it longer. As of now I have no idea how long this will be but it should be over 10 chapters. Who do you think the baby will be? Cause I can tell you that it will be an EXO member. ;)

Oh, and have you guys seen Chen and Heize's 'Lil Something' yet? I was expecting something more like a ballad but I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be pretty funky. I've listened to it so many times. I love it! Chen is so cute in those shorts with the long coat and shoes! :3 I think his stylist was Key or someone raided his closet. It definitely looks like something Key would wear.

See you guys for chapter 4 next week!