Epilogue

Paint

 

 

 

 

10 years later…

 

 

 

 

 

“Minseok! Luhan! Hurry up!” Baekhyun yells from downstairs. “Your mother’s about to have a nervous breakdown if you’re not down here in 30 seconds! He doesn’t need this sort of stress at the moment.”

 

Immediately after Baekhyun says that there’s the sound of frantic shuffling from upstairs then the thundering footsteps as two bodies who come racing down the stairs, both with nearly identical looks of panic on their faces.

 

“We can’t find our soccer shoes.” Luhan cries. Baekhyun’s about to tell them that he has no idea where they are but Jongdae’s voice cuts him off before he had opened his mouth.

 

“I put them by the door because you left them lying around the house and your father nearly broke his neck when he tripped over them. Which from my understanding happens every time we come back from practice, doesn’t it?” Jongdae says, coming onto their view, eyebrow raised in accusation.

 

“Sorry Mama.” They chorus, looks of mild guilt on their faces. Jongdae knows they’re sincere but he also knows it’ll happen again. They’re teenaged boys and while Minseok is surprisingly tidy for a boy his age, it seems he can never put his shoes in a place where they can’t accidently hurt someone.

 

“Come on Junmyeon, you to.” Jongdae redirects. “Your brothers can’t be late to their game. Again.” He says, narrowing his eyes at the three boys in front of him. Baekhyun’s to fault as well. He’s the one who had turned off Jongdae’s alarm which resulted in everyone ‘sleeping in’ and having to rush to get ready. Jongdae’s still a little bitter about that. He doesn’t like to be late to things.

 

“Mama I’m trying but Taeyeon won’t put her shoes on.” Junmyeon whines and Jongdae sighs. Here we go again.

 

“You take care of the boys. I’ll get Taeyeonnie sorted.” Jongdae says to Baekhyun who nods.

 

Walking up the stairs is a bit if a struggle with the extra weight and he can feel the strain on his back but it’s manageable. He’s been through it three times previously, the first time carrying two at a time. He walks into Taeyeon’s room and sees the sever year old girl sitting on the floor with her arms crossed. It’s apparent that she’s sulking.

 

“Hi angel.” He says, slowly kneeling down next to his little girl. “Myeonnie tells me you don’t want to put on your shoes.” He says and Taeyeon shakes her head. “Can you tell me why?” he asks.

 

“Because I don’t want to.” She says, trying to sound angry though it’s literally impossible for her to do so. She’s such a sweet and kind hearted little girl and her serious face just makes him want to chuckle.

 

“Why don’t you want to?” Jongdae pries, being as patient as he can. After a moment Taeyeon mumbles something under her breath, something that he can’t quite catch. “What was that?”

 

“Because they’re ugly and I want to wear my princess shoes.” She says and Jongdae sighs.

 

“You can’t wear your princess shoes outside honey. They’re made for inside. They’ll get broken if you wear them outside.” He says and he can tell immediately that Taeyeon won’t accept his answer.

 

“But I want to wear my princess shoes Mama!” she says stubbornly. He knows exactly where that came from. ‘Guilty’ he thinks. He needs to come up with something.

 

“How about this.” He pauses making sure that he has her attention. “If you wear these shoes today, then tomorrow I’ll take you out and we can get you some princess shoes that you can wear outside. How does that sound?” he proposes.

 

Taeyeon thinks about it for a moment, her fist under her chin and her eyes staring at the ceiling and Jongdae can see the moment she comes to her decision. “Okay.” She says. “But you have to pinky promise me.” At that she holds her pinky out and Jongdae takes it in his own with a smile on his face at her antics.

 

“Good. Now put on your shoes we have to go.”

 

“Will Hyoyeon and Sooyoun be there?” she asks as she slips on her ‘ugly’ shoes.

 

“Yes. Everyone’s going to be there so if you want to see them you better get a move on missy.” He urges. Taeyeon quickly stands up and disappears out of the room as fast as the wind. He shakes his head. Ahh to be young again.

 

Jongdae goes to get up from his kneeled position on the floor and groans. It’s a slow process. “That’s it. This is the last one. No more.” He vows. He makes his way down stairs and sees everyone ready to go.

 

“Is everyone ready?” he asks and he receives five noises of confirmation.

 

“Okay then, everyone in the car.” Baekhyun orders and they all obey, filing off to the car with all of their gear.

 

The drive to the oval is noisy as usual. That what you get when you have four kids and another on the way. As soon as the car stops Minseok and Luhan are unbuckling their seatbelts and out of the car, darting off to the field where their team mates are warming up.

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Junmyeon are left to carry their stuff over to the field. Taeyeon takes charge of the picnic blanket, wanting to set it out for them like a big girl. They quickly set up the mat and make sure that they have a view of the field to watch Minseok and Luhan’s game. Jongdae has seated himself on the mat and begins to fan himself. It’s way too hot for him. He can already feel sweat beginning to cover him.

 

They hear a squeal from Taeyeon and see her running towards a girl who is also running to meet her.

 

“Sooyoun!” she squeals, hugging the other girl tight.

 

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoun reciprocates just as joyfully as Taeyeon.

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun smile at the scene. Those girls, along with Hyoyeon are literally inseparable. When they had found out they were in the same class at school they all jumped for joy. They couldn’t have been any happier.

 

The others soon come closer. Jongin has Sehun walking by his side and little Soojung holding his hand. Kyungsoo is waddling beside them looking tired but otherwise bright and happy. Jongdae makes no move to get up and greet them, the effort would be too much but Baekhyun gets to his feet and hugs Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo comes and plops himself down beside Jongdae, groaning in relief now that his weight is now off his feet. Soojung lets go of her fathers hand and comes to sit herself in Kyungsoo’s lap.

 

“How are you feeling?” Jongdae asks him.

 

“Good, good.” He responds. “Though I can’t wait for this to be over. You would think the fourth time would be easier but really it isn’t.”

 

“Oh trust me. I know the feeling.” Jongdae sympathises. “This is the fourth and last time for me.” He says, rubbing his swollen belly.

 

“You said that when you were pregnant with Taeyeon.” Kyungsoo laughs.

 

“Shut up.” Jongdae says half-heartedly. “How’s the family?” he asks.

 

“Everything’s good. Amazing really. I couldn’t ask for anything better.”

 

Two years after Sehun was born, Jongin and Kyungsoo had finally gotten married. It was a beautiful affair. They both looked amazing and they both had looked so happy. Kyungsoo had finally found someone who he could trust with all of his heart and they had both found the loves of their lives. That day Do Kyungsoo and Do Sehun became Kim’s.

 

A year after their marriage they welcomed Kim Sooyoun into the world and then two years later Kim Soojung joined them. Now, five years later the happy couple was about to welcome another little girl into their family. A little girl they had already named Sunyoung.

 

After graduating University Jongin had become a dance instructor and owned his own little dance studio where he taught his students. It had first started out as small bit when word got around about just how good on an instructor he is he soon found himself having to invest in a bigger studio. He is now the owner of the most popular dance studio in this side of town.

 

Little Sehun had grown up to become someone not so little. At eleven years old he was already nearly as tall as Kyungsoo and they all had the feeling his height would pass that of Jongin’s in the near future. He was kind and doted on his sisters. He came off as cold to people that didn’t know him but they all knew he just had a default face and was an absolute sweetheart.

 

“Umma is Tao coming?” Sehun’s voice suddenly pops out of nowhere.

 

“Yeah Hunnie, he’s coming. They should be hear soon.” Kyungsoo tells his son who deflates a little.

 

“You hear that Junmyeon. Yixing’s going to be here soon.” At that Junmyeon smiles. Those two have been close since they were babies.

 

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

 

In the distance they can see two tall figures making their way towards them, four smaller ones by their side. The tallest of the smaller figures break away from the others and begins to run towards them.

 

Sehun who is sitting next to his mother smiles wide at the figure and waves his hands in the air. When Sehun smiles it really transforms his face.

 

Zitao drops to his knees in front of Sehun and gives him a quick hug in greeting before turning towards  Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

 

“Hi Uncle Kyungsoo. Hi Uncle Jongdae.”

 

“Hey Zitao.” They say together.

 

Zitao turns away from them and back towards Sehun.

 

“Hunnie I have to show you these new moves that I learnt in my last Wushu lesson.” He says excitedly.

 

“And I have to show you the new dance moves Appa taught me.” Sehun says in response. When Sehun finished they are both gone, off to find a spot for them to show off all of the new things they had learnt since the last time they had met up which had only really been a couple of days.

 

The rest of the new comers have now reached them. Hyoyeon had already been carted off by Taeyeon and Sooyoun but Jinri is still with her parents.

 

“Hey everyone.” Chanyeol greets with his usual wide smile, little Jinri sitting on his shoulders.

 

“How’s your little aliens treating you?” Yifan says when he sits down beside Jongdae and Kyungsoo, shoving a doughnut into his mouth.

 

“Good. Taehyung’s been behaving himself. He kicks all of the time but by now I’m used to it.”

 

“Sunyoung’s the complete opposite. She’s really quiet. She kicks every now and again but most of the time I can’t even feel her moving.” Kyungsoo says. “What about you. You planning on having any more?”

 

“No. Me and Chanyeol talked about it but we’re happy with what we have. Plus my bodies not as young as it used to be.”

 

“Oh you’re looking fine. You don’t look a day over 27.” Jongdae says.

 

“You flatter me.”

 

Four years after Zitao was born Yifan gave birth to their first girl, Hyoyeon and two years later they welcomed another little girl Jinri. Like Yixing, Hyoyeon is really into dancing, both of them attending Jongin’s dance studio.

 

Yixing is also super into music, inheriting it from his father. He can play both the guitar and the piano and had his sights set on others as well. He’s a quiet boy, especially in front of strangers but he really comes to life when he’s around friends and family, but especially Junmyeon. They complement each other well. Yixing is also possibly the kindest person Jongdae had ever met. It astounds him sometimes how much Yixing could care for others.

 

Zitao had inherited his parents height and would probably be just as tall as Chanyeol and Yifan when he’s older. Jongdae and Baekhyun promise that they’re not jealous. No, not at all. He had also developed a keen interest in martial arts. Chanyeol and Yifan had signed him up for Wushu when he was seven and had loved it right away. It’s such a parallel to his personality however.

 

Little Jinri had yet to develop an interest but that was okay, she still had plenty of time to figure that out and her parents we in no hurry to get her into something. She would tell them when she had found something.

 

“Hey, do you know when Ryeowook says he and the family will arrive?” Yifan asks Jongin who shrugs.

 

“I have no idea. He just said, and I quote ‘When my muffins finish baking because my husband has to taste test them before anyone else can get a try’ and from the sound of his voice ‘taste test’ was in air quotes.” He says and the others shakes their heads at that.

 

“Can I have a muffin Appa?” Jinri asks Chanyeol.

 

“How about when Uncle Ryeowook gets here you ask him, okay sweetie?”

 

“M’kay Appa.”

 

“That’s a good girl.” He says and Jinri smiles up at him with a wide smile at the praise from her father. Children are always so eager to please.

 

“Why don’t you and Soojung go and play on the playground until lunch time?” Yifan asks his daughter. “You’ll probably get bored sitting with us old people.” He teases, receiving a few grunts of disapproval at being called old.

 

“Come on Soojung.” Jinri says cutely holding out her hand for Soojung to take. “Let’s go and play on the swings.” She offers and Soojung takes her hand, both running off to the swing set.

 

“Well that’s all of the kids gone.” Baekhyun comments.

 

“For now.” Jongdae adds.

 

The six of them chat for a while however they all make sure to keep an eye of their children’s ware abouts.

 

Twenty minutes later they are finally joined by the people they have been waiting for.

 

“Hey Ryeowook, Kyunhyun! Better late than never.” Jongdae calls out.

 

“You’re right about that.” Ryeowook answers, not offended in the slightest. He’s spent too much time with Jongdae to take offence to anything he says.

 

He’s carrying four year old Jinki on his hip. Jongwoon has already run off to where Sehun and Zitao are showing each other their moves. While Jongwoon is three years younger than the two they enjoy playing with him. He doesn’t like playing with the girls because he doesn’t like having to play the prince who saves the princess. He’s good with his sisters but he stays away from the others when all of the girls are together. He can’t deal with that, afraid to get their ‘cooties’.

 

Soonkyu is glued to her fathers side. She has her arms wrapped securely around his waist but Kyuhyun doesn’t seem to mind at all. He spoils his little girl.

 

“How are you Kyunhyun?” Baekhyun asks, giving the man a firm slap on the back in greeting.

 

“Ahh you know, the usual. Office hours are still brutal at the moment but they should start to slow down soon. I’m up for a promotion as well so that definitely helps things along.”

 

“Congratulations man!” Chanyeol congratulates and it’s well deserved. They all know Kyuhyun has been working his off for months to get promoted. Getting a promotion ups the pay check and the amount of time you need to spend at the office decreases so that means he’ll have more time to spend at home with his kids and husband.

 

“Yeah. You deserve it.” Kyungsoo adds, smiling up at the elder.

 

“Thanks guys.”

 

Ryeowook, after days of consideration had accepted Kyuhyun’s offer of a date and he definitely didn’t regret it. After two years of dating their first son was born. A year after they had gotten married and Ryeowook had looked like the happiest person on the planet. He was practically glowing. Jongdae was ecstatic for his hyung. He had finally found someone to spend the rest of his life with after the one he originally thought he would had left.

 

Not to long after that they had their first girl, Soonkyu, who they treasured like nothing else. She’s a small and delicate little thing but she loves to rough and tumble along with the others. Jongwoon is extremely protective over her and everyone thinks it’s adorable. Then there’s Jinki. The little boy has a smile so wide it rivals that of Chanyeol’s and completely lights up his face.

 

Kyunhyun is a successful business man while Ryeowook’s café has flourished. It had become so popular that he had opened up another store. Within three years of the second store opening up he opened up a third and now he owns an entire chain. He still works at his first store, however due to the kids he’s more of a manager and occasional staff member.

 

With his other stores he has appointed managers he trusts to each. He’s more of an onlooker for the other stores, popping in every now and again to make sure that everything is running correctly and that no issues that need addressing from him have popped up.

 

All of a sudden they hear the sound of a whistle and they all know what that means. Minseok and Luhan’s soccer match had begun.

 

“Baek, help me up. I want to get closer so I can see the boys.” He says to Baekhyun, holing both of his hands out. It’s too much of an effort to get up from a seated position in the floor with him carrying around Taehyung.

 

“Sure thing babe.” He says, moving from where he was sitting down over to Jongdae to help his husband to his feet.

 

“Do you mind keeping an eye of my kids for me?” Jongdae asks everyone.

 

“No, go ahead. You need to see Minseok and Luhan kick .” Chanyeol says, which earns him a slap from Yifan.

 

“Watch your words. Jinki’s still here.” He says, pointing to said boy who is sitting in Ryeowook’s lap. Soonkyu had gone to play with Soojung and Jinri not to long ago.

 

“Woops, sorry.” Chanyeol apologises.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae walk side by side towards the edge of the soccer field, hand in hand. They situate themselves on a bench that as free. Baekhyun wraps his arm around Jongdae and Jongdae rests his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder. They do this without taking their eyes away from the field, not wanting to miss even one moment of Minseok and Luhan’s game.

 

“They’re good, aren’t they?” Baekhyun says when Luhan does some fancy footwork to keep the ball from the opposing team.

 

“They are.” Jongdae agrees. “I’m so proud of them.” He pauses. “I’m proud of all of them. Even this little guy.” He says rubbing his protruding stomach.

 

They sit there, cheering on for Minseok, Luhan and their team. Halfway through the match Junmyeon and Yixing had migrated over to sit with Jongdae and Baekhyun to join them in cheering on their brothers and friends.

 

Looking at where they are now, then looking back at what they had been Jongdae couldn’t imagine things being any different. He has a wonderful husband and a beautiful family. He has some amazing friends as their equally amazing children. Life’s been good. Though it hasn’t been without its humps and bumps along the way. But like they say, difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations and he couldn’t agree with that any more than he does.

 

He looks down at his stomach which is housing his little boy. He tenderly his hand around in smooth circles on his stomach.

 

“You’re going to be a part of a wonderful and loving family Tae-tae.” He whispers lovingly. “We all can’t wait to meet you little guy.”

 

The future has yet to be decided but they don’t dwell on what could happen. They focus on the now and think about tomorrow when it comes. But what they do know it that they are exactly where they need to be and that’s all that matters.

 

 


Age chart:
 Jongdae and Baekhyun
-Minseok (13)
-Luhan (13)
-Junmyeon (12)
-Taeyeon (7) [SNSD]
-Taehyung (?) [BTS V]

Yifan and Chanyeol
-Yixing (12)
-Zitao (11)
-Hyoyeon (7) [SNSD]
-Jinri (5) [Sulli]

Kyungsoo and Jongin
-Sehun (11) 
-Sooyoun (7) [Jessica]
-Soojung (5) [f(x) Krystal]
-Sunyoung (?) [f(x) Luna]

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun
-Jongwoon (8) [Suju Yesung]
-Soonkyu (6) [SDSN Sunny]
-Jinki (4) [Shinee Onew]

So here we have it. This is the end. I'm actually pretty upset that this is over. I started this on the 2nd of April so it's been 5 months. It's been an a amazing 5 months at that. I started this just as a bit of fun and it was only supposed to be 3 chapters long but look at this, 26 chapters and 5 months down the road. This fic is my baby. It's the first EXO fic that I had published and the first multi-chaptered one as well so it holds a special part in my heart.

I hope everyone is satisfied with the ending. There was a lot of information in the chapter but I hope it wasn't to much. I'm so thankful for all of the love and support everyone has given me. It has inspired me to write more fics.  

Now, on others news so much has happened with EXO. Jongin's dancing again, Yixing's releasing a solo album, Jongdae's collaborating with Alesso and the ChenBaekXi sub-unit has finally been confirmed. God, I can't wait for all of them. Oh and have you guys checked out Shinee's '1 of 1' MV. The song is so good! :D But the thing that has to take the cake for this week is Baekhyun and Jongdae's rendition if the PPAP song. Those two are such dorks.

*Also an update on my condition. As of today I am completely fine. Two Thurdays ago I was diagnosed with bronchitis on top of having a cold and then last Thursday I contracted conjunctivitis but that's all gone now. I hope you all take care of your health!

Thankyou all for reading, commenting, upvoting and subscribing to this story. Remember there's still a Baekchen sequel to come out and I've been thinking about maybe doing a drabble series but I haven't decided on that yet so stay subscribed for updates on those. For those of you who have subscribed to 'New Moon' it should be out within the next 2 weeks and for those who haven't click here. Until next time~