Chapter 9

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. My Son

Yuri has raised his son, Yoong for almost 5 years alone because Jessica left him the moment she gave birth. He is now handling Yoong all alone and it's going well for them; with the help of friends, Yoona, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. Yoong is five years old and he's closer to Yoona (Yuri's best friend) than anyone else since she's a mother figure in his eyes.

Now that Jessica is back, will Yuri ever be able to make a choice between his son's mother and his best friend? 

 

2. Relieving a Marriage

Yuri and Yoona are on the verge of divorcing due to an accident which had scarred them for years; they're well on their way to it when Yuri gets into a car accident along with his grandmother in the same car. Yoona has the chance to either relieve a marriage and make Yuri fall in love with her again, or she can choose to go on with the divorce.

Will she get over the accident and learn to put the terribly past behind her, or will she leave Yuri once he's recovered? 

 

3. My Stupid Investigator

Jessica Jung is a married woman with a drifting husband; although she's doing fine in both the relationship as well as work, Tiffany suggests having an investigator because of Donghae's suspicious behaviours. When Jessica finally meets Kwon Yuri, she cannot help but be intrigued by the young investigator. Yuri's very much amused by the older woman but the fact that she's married keeps her at bay...

Will Yuri be able to prove to Jessica that her husband is not the correct one for her, or will Jessica choose to stay silent about her blooming feelings? 

 

4. One Crazy Fangirl

Jessica Jung is one of the most popular idols in South Korea and although she has a huge fanbase, she also has a huge anti-fanbase here. She's cocky, mean, arrogant and all you can think of but when she meets a certain fangirl of hers; Jessica's life is effortlessly turned upside down. As to the fangirl... there was clearly no stopping her.

Will Jessica ever look past the crazy exterior and learn to care for her crazed fangirl or will she stay away from her fangirl forever? 

 

<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

 

 

“Yul?”

“Mmm.”

Tiffany sighed, furrowing her eyebrows in slight pity and entered the bedroom cautiously; Yuri had a knack for throwing things (more specifically, her poor Mickey) around when she couldn’t control her emotions. She offered to come and check on Yuri since Yoona needed to be assured as well. The most important part is that this entire jealousy game was not Yoona's idea in the first place. 

Yoona didn’t even dare to go into the room because she knew the exact reason why Yuri was reacting in this manner – it was frightening and unnerving at the same time.

Tiffany plopped her beside the quivering lump and patted it gently, “not going to talk to me too?”

Yuri pouted and buried her head deeper into the pillow, holding tightly onto the covers lest Tiffany decided to go hulk-mode and tear it off. She wasn’t ready to look at anyone, not when every single person at the table could tell from her reaction. It wasn't embarrassment; it was more of because she found it difficult to face her actual feelings - the cracks of her heart would always be there.

A cracked, flaw-filled heart... was it even worthy of loving a pure, innocent heart?

“Yul, I know it’s difficult for you to face it – but Yoona has loved you for so long, and you haven’t made a single move. I can’t blame her for trying to move on, neither can you or anyone else. You got hurt by me and Jessie; but it shouldn’t affect you the same way it did. Yoona deserves to be loved whole-heartedly. You know it as well as I do.”

10 years…

Yoona had loved her for a good 10 years, and she didn’t even request the same when Yuri was not on good terms with Jessica – she had never taken advantage, not once. If that wasn’t the exact definition of dedicated and true love, Yuri didn’t know what was. Yuri didn't doubt that she could return Yoona's feelings; she was afraid to be hurt and she was afraid to hurt Yoona. 

“Love is painful, but it’s also rewarding, don’t you think?”

Tiffany gave Yuri some time to absorb her words, knowing that the black pearl couldn’t grasp such deep meanings so quickly. She needed to get it knocked into Yuri’s head by hook or crook though; Yuri was already on the verge of losing Yoona. Even if Yoona didn’t want to move on, the girls would make sure she does if it meant her going through a much easier life with someone well-known and confirmed to take care of her.

Painful but rewarding? 

Her love with Jessica had been more painful than rewarding; but who is to say that her love with Yoona wouldn't be more rewarding than painful?

“Fany?”

“Yes?”

“You’re the best, y’know that?”

“Duh.”

Yuri finally threw the covers off and threw her arms around Tiffany’s waist, snuggling her face into Tiffany’s shoulder; Tiffany might be the one who inflicted pain on her but she was also the person who could get through to Yuri’s head the fastest. Yoona could but she always retreated lest Yuri said something honest enough to break her heart – Tiffany didn’t bother to back down, not even when Yuri was on the verge of cracking her skull.

Yuri liked giving hugs, especially to her members but there was something missing when she hugged Tiffany – unlike the times where she hugged Yoona close, the rapid beating of her heart was absent this time. Now that she thought about it thoroughly, her heart had stopped racing for Jessica quite some time now – she simply buried it in the back of her mind to force herself into committing to Jessica.

“Fany-ah,” Yuri broke the hug and held onto Tiffany’s hands, looking into the American’s eyes to emphasize the importance of her next words, “when are you going to forgive Sica?”

Tiffany’s eyelids flickered unstably and she looked to the side, trying to hide the shards of pain in her chest. She wanted to be with Jessica, she did but how can she when Yoona’s not happy? Yuri might seem fine but Tiffany knows that as long as she doesn’t progress with Yoona, their happiness is not at its maximum.

Until that happens, Jessica is out of the question. 

 

*

 

Yoona sat at the balcony alone, a glass of Shiraz in her hand as she swirled it in circular motions. She couldn't take the scene of Yuri's eyes flaring in anger and slight apprehension when she agreed to go out with Geunsuk out of her mind. Yuri never showed any emotion of jealousy before but that had been an exception, and Yoona felt a few pangs of guilt hit her in the chest.

Maybe she shouldn't have agreed, after all.

What if Yuri had an inferiority complex and changed her mind about courting Yoona? 

“Yoona?”

“Sunny-unnie.”

Sunny smiled and took a seat opposite Yoona, her own glass of wine landing on the table. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter