Chapter 13

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Tiffany felt as if they were piggies in the middle, seeing as there was a couple being separated and a pair of best friends that were also separated. Tiffany knew there was going to be trouble the moment she saw Hara and Hyomin appear at the entrance of Lotte World. She had watched Invincible Youth with the other members before, and they have all seen how close Yuri and Hara were, as well as Hyomin and Sunny. They have also seen the episode of Hara rubbing Yuri's standee in the field... back then, Jessica was jealous.

But so was Yoona, and she was fuming in an enormous green pot of jealousy right now. 

Yoona crossed her arms over her chest as she watched her girlfriend talk to her friend; she had lost her appetite although the delicious, gigantic pepperoni pizza was staring back at her. She had expected Yuri to put a slice on her plate like Yuri would always do when they were having meals together but there was none either. Call her childish but this was how Yoona felt loved and cherished by her girlfriend; everyone had different ways of feeling loved, and that was one of Yoona's.

“Here,” Taeyeon placed a slice of pizza on Yoona’s plate and sighed, “I think you should eat up, Yoong. I don’t think she’s going to realise it anytime soon.”

“You too, Unnie…” Yoona reciprocated the same action for Taeyeon sighing at the same situation they were in, “I know how you feel but you can’t blame Sunny-unnie either; she’s been in such a bad state lately.”

Taeyeon just shook her head, silently explaining that she didn’t know what in the world Yoona was talking about – Yoona didn’t know if it was merely denial or just plain stupidity, whether the kid leader didn’t want to admit it was also another possibility. No one could possibly be dense to the point where they wouldn't know if someone was in love with her, especially Sunny who hasn't tried that hard to conceal her feelings.

Sunny always showed her extensive care for Taeyeon in front of the other members, perhaps it was just the kid leader who couldn't tell. 

“Here, baby,” Tiffany placed two slices of pizza on Jessica’s plate, knowing her girlfriend was famished after skipping breakfast this morning; Jessica was a sleepyhead and hence she didn’t get any breakfast down. She stealthily placed a kiss on Jessica’s hand and giggled, “stop dreaming and start eating.”

Jessica felt her cheeks warm intensively, tints of pink colouring her chubby cheeks as she tried to focus on her pizza and not her girlfriend. She was a er for Tiffany's mischieivious acts and Tiffany knew it, which was why she was having fun. Feeling Tiffany's gaze on her, Jessica shoved the tip of the pizza into and started to munch; it was going to be the only way that she avoided eye contact with Tiffany. 

“Fany, you’re not eating?”

Tiffany’s heart melted at the sight of Jessica looking up at her with those chubby cheeks filled with pizza in either side. She always prayed for her girlfriend to not be so cute in public, especially when she was known as the ice princess but all everyone could see was a clingy kitten. Jessica was extra clingy to Tiffany even before they became a couple and it was all a matter of time, honestly. 

The only difference was that Jessica ended up with Yuri first and then Tiffany.

“Unnie, you eat so messily!”

There were simultaneous gasps as Hara lifted a finger to wipe the pizza stain near Yuri’s lips before a loud clanking of the fork against the floor. Yoona gritted her teeth and clamped down on her lower lip, bending down to pick up her fork. If she didn't make sure to control her tongue, Hara was going to be crying by the time she was done with her. She clasped her fingers atop her stomach and looked up to the ceiling for a while, trying to calm herself down or there were going to be consequences.

Yuri was about to say something when Hara cupped Yuri's cheeks with both hands, wiping off the stain more firmly this time. 

And that's when Yoona had enough. 

“I think I’m full,” Yoona stood up and sent apologetic smiles to her members without looking at her own girlfriend; she was going to get even more pissed off. She sighed, “I’ll wait for you outside, Unnies.”

The girls turned their heads to face Yuri at once, sending her glares that could bury her under the ground; they would get even more pissed off if Yuri was really that dumb but no, Yuri was just too oblivious to her surroundings when she was focused on something or on one person. Don’t mention them, they could guarantee that Yoona wouldn’t be able to stay pissed with Yuri even after all this either – jealous, yes but not angry or anything like that.

No one could get angry with that blur woman. 

“Hara, I’m going out to talk to Yoona,” Yuri smiled and patted the younger’s head, “you can spend some time with the other dorks here while I talk to my precious beautiful woman. BUH BYEEEEEEE!”

That being said, Yuri disappeared from their sight soon enough but that didn't mean everything in the world was as fluffy as marshmallows or as wonderful as unicorns puking rainbows now. The girls were merely relieved of one pair, the other pair was still oblivious to each other's feelings and it was starting to annoy them. They could trust Yuri to solve her own relationship problem but definitely not their kid leader in this context, ironically. 

Jessica couldn’t stop herself from smacking the back of Taeyeon’s head, risking the misunderstandings it might cause in front of the rest of the members and the two new friends. She gently pried her girlfriend’s hand off her wrist and was about to smack Taeyeon again when Seohyun grabbed her hand this time. No matter how much they got angry now, nothing was going to change when Taeyeon was being a blurblock.

“Seriously…”

Hyomin and Sunny, however, didn’t seem to be bothered in the least now that they have each other’s company. Sunny had finally found her soulmate again and she now had the comfort she relished; the care and love Taeyeon could have been giving her was now being replaced well enough. Hyomin knew what was happening and she was also aware of Sunny's feelings for the former but she was reluctant to help, especially when Sunny had been hurt multiple times already in the span of only two years.

“Jessie,” Tiffany sighed and leaned close to Jessica’s ear, whispering, “calm down and we can talk about this at home, please. Don’t cause a commotion here.”

Jessica wanted to protest but the moment she saw Tiffany’s pleading eyes, her initial anger all dissipated and she squeezed Tiffany’s hand gently. As expected, Tiffany was the one who thought things through and made sure to take the consequences into consideration too; Jessica was hard-headed and temperamental, and she acted on her anger instead of anything else. If she didn’t have Tiffany to guide her, she’d have started a pretty fair amount of conflicts.

“I’m sorry, baby. You’re right.”

Tiffany rubbed the back of Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter