Chapter 18

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, I’m sure it’s not that bad…”

Yuri and Yoona stared on with sad, helpless puppy eyes as the upset kid leader continue to cry her heart out into their precious maknae’s embrace; they had been woken up in the middle of the night and were welcomed by the unruly sight of Taeyeon crying against the wall. Yuri was completely lost and had to be woken up by her girlfriend because Yoona had no idea what to do. Eventually, they had to wake the youngest so they could whip up something for Taeyeon to drink so she could take some medication. If it wasn't for the youngest's calm mindset and actions, God knows if Taeyeon would be able to find comfort anywhere else. 

Yoona slid her arm into Yuri’s palm and held her girlfriend’s hand tightly, giving it a gentle squeeze. She knew Yuri wasn’t happy because of the lack of quality time they spent together but Yoona was willing to make it up to her for it.

“I… I shouldn’t have done that!” Taeyeon wailed, her grip on maknae’s clothes tightening. She couldn’t have some quality sleep although she was sick… and the pain was killing her. “Why did I kiss her? Now she’s going to hate me!”

Seohyun sighed, running her fingers through the kid leader’s luscious locks; she felt immensely sorry for Taeyeon. She had expected Taeyeon and Sunny to improve their relationship faster instead of making it worse; that was the only reason why she left them alone last night. If anything, all the members present last night could swear that Sunny was the one who took initiative to take care of Taeyeon. It was just unbelieveable that things could take such an unexpected turn right under their noses, with it taking an unfortunate turn at that. 

What to do with them? 

It didn't help that Sunny was not even in the dorm right now; she had left the dorm the moment the sun rose and before the members could wake up. Up till now, no one has actually managed to speak with Sunny unless through Hyomin. 

Things were only getting worse.

 

*

 

Jessica was having quite a time watching Tiffany pose for the camera despite the chaos back home; Tiffany had insisted Jessica follow her for her schedules or else they would be stuck at home trying to mediate between the two shorties. If anything, Tiffany didn’t want to get involved anymore – they had been helping them too much already, and it seemed to be making things worse for the pair instead. She strongly believed that the two of them should be solving their own problems by now.

“Miyoung-ah, don’t you think the other two couples need to catch a break too?” Jessica asked as she rubbed the back of her neck, feeling sorry for her dongsaengs. She felt bad for them. “I mean, they’ve been trying to help for so long.”

Tiffany sighed deeply and clasped her fingers together in light frustration, not wanting to move her head since the stylist was busy with her hair. She did wonder how the younger members were coping with the situation back in the dorm though, they aren't too good with being balanced on both sides. If it wasn't for her schedule, she wouldn't have taken the chance to take Jessica out either - it wasn't pre-planned or anything. Tiffany wouldn't run away from helping her members out when it comes to sticky situations anyway; she wasn't that much of a coward.

“I know but I really want to spend some time with you tonight, is that okay?”

Jessica couldn’t retort even if she wanted to; her girlfriend’s words were making her heart race erratically. She wasn't even going to bother denying that she wanted to spend some quality time with Tiffany rather than be at home struggling with everyone else. The only way she could think of how to make it up to the others was to treat them to a huge buffet lunch as soon as possible. If anything, Jessica knew how much Yoona and Yuri needed to spend time together - their relationship was starting to become a bit shaky because of their lack of time together. 

All was forgotten when Tiffany laced their fingers together, making sure her girlfriend was not having any more things on her mind anymore. She had already sent a text to Yuri, apologising and explaining her reasons for bringing Jessica out today. 

“Jessie, don’t you have any plans to check on Yoona and Yuri? I mean they’ve finally found happiness together…” Tiffany looked down and couldn’t help but to feel the insane amount of guilt in her again. She inhaled deeply and sighed, “I don’t want them to let go of each other when they’re meant to be. Yoona’s so worried and scared that she’s going to get her heart broken…”

It was impossible for Tiffany to ever get out of that shadow, knowing she would forever be one of the obstacles standing in Yuri's ways to achieving happiness all over again. Yuri might have sincerely forgiven them and everything but trust was forever going to be a problem in a relationship from now on. Although everyone around knew Yoona was a much better match for Yuri, things were not going to go so well for them either. Right now they were too busy to understand that they were both needing each other more than ever; the time spent apart was causing discord.

They could tell Yoona was worried about losing Yuri to misunderstandings and the lack of trust but they haven't done anything to help at the moment.

Jessica slipped her hand into Tiffany’s this time, turning her girlfriend to face her. She lifted Tiffany’s chin and cupped the younger’s face, leaning in to press their lips together. “I got you, okay? I will talk to Yuri and whatnot, I promise. I don’t want you to keep referring back to the past when we’re all over that.” Jessica rubbed Tiffany’s cheek lovingly before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

 

The couple had their fingers laced together as they walked along the streets of Myeongdong; it wasn’t a big deal to be seen together since the media would only portray them as best friends and nothing more. Jessica wasn’t in the least bit worried anymore; it wasn’t like the paparazzi were going to let them off in any sense of the word. She had been through some scandals in the past as well and got away unscathed because of the love and protection she received from her girls. Tiffany, on the other hand, was partially worried for the kind of feedback they'd get from the public.

Thank God for Jessica.

“Jessie?”

“Hmm?”

Tiffany pulled her girlfriend to a halt and pointed at one of the most prettily-designed cafés beside them, “can we go in? I’ve heard so many good reviews about this place… pleaseeeeee.”

Jessica was not a very big fan of having some overly-sweet dess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter