Chapter 3

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new week had begun, and it was no doubt an exceptionally heavy one. Well, not for the two Americans because Tiffany's leg was still recovering and Jessica had a day off from her schedule. 

Yuri and Yoona headed off for their filming early in the wee hours of the morning, TaeTiSeo were supposed to have vocal practice but Tiffany's leg was still in a cast and it wasn't convenient. Hence, Sunny followed Taeyeon and Seohyun for practice since she had no schedule. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had also gone for dance practice, but not forgetting to meet at the cafe near the dorm.

After a few good and productive hours of practice as well as completing their schedules, they had finally gathered at Soshi Cafe. 

 

As the other girls laughed and chatted with each other about their day, Yuri was totally silent and unwilling to participate in any of the conversations. Normally, Yuri would be completely noisy and making jokes with either Hyoyeon or Sooyoung but she was so out of it today. Yoona was worried for her best friend, constantly turning to check on her time and again.

The past week had been hell for Yuri, honestly. She had been pushed away by Jessica countless times for no valid reason at all. Yuri knew she didn’t do anything wrong, her conscience was a hundred percent clear but it still hurt her heart to see Jessica suddenly having a change of heart. Jessica had been cold to her but became so much warmer towards Tiffany.

Just as it was Yuri's turn to place her order, she felt her words trapped in . Nothing was coming out of and her tears were threatening to spill. “E-Excuse me…” Yuri muttered and hurriedly ran out from the dining room, rushing into the empty bathroom.

The black pearl splashed water on her face a couple of times, unaware of her tears that were now mixing in with the water droplets. She slammed her palm on the mirror and glared at her own reflection, upset that she wasn’t making Jessica happy like she swore she would.

Yuri’s legs weakened and she slid down to the floor, crying freely into her palms. The emotional pain she was feeling couldn’t compare to the physical pain she had inflicted on herself. The never-ending tears that were cascading down Yuri’s cheeks right now was more than the amount of tears she had shed ever since debut.

“Yul…”

Yoona stood at the entrance of the bathroom with wide eyes, taken aback at how broken Yuri looked right now. She had a feeling that there was something wrong between Jessica and her best friend but she didn’t realize it was this bad. She dropped to her knees and hugged Yuri’s head to her chest, rubbing the sobbing girl’s back.

Yuri was now crying so hard that Yoona's tears were about to fall as well. With Yuri's head buried in Yoona's chest, the black pearl could hear the constant thumping in the younger girl's heart and unexpectedly, she started to feel her heart race a little.

Once Yuri and Yoona had returned from the long trip to the bathroom, everyone's expression turned into one full of worry, anxiety and nervousness as they caught sight of Yuri's puffy and red eyes.

Hyoyeon leaped up from her seat and shouted, “YUUULLL-AHHHH!! Are you okay? What happened?” Hyoyeon waited for Yuri to come closer before blowing a kiss to her, “Don't be sad anymore, okay? I’ll always be here for you, I promise.” Sooyoung suddenly got up and wrapped her long arms around the tanned girl, hugging her tightly because she was worried about her ever since she had started acting weirdly.

“Yah, don't ever cry alone...”

Yuri was so touched that her tears started flowing continuously on Sooyoung's shoulder. Without any warning, the two were tackled to the floor by the rest of the girls.

 

-

 

Yuri wanted to surprise her girlfriend by giving her a hug and a bouquet of flowers for whatever she had done wrong as she couldn't take the coldness Jessica was giving her any longer. The tanned girl signaled to the other members to come in quietly to prevent the ice princess from knowing that they were back.

Yuri happily crept into their room, but to her disappointment, she found no one there. She was about to go to the living room to join her other members when she heard a familiar voice coming from Tiffany's room. Oh, she definitely knew who that voice belonged to.

After hearing the voice of her beloved, her spirits were immediately lifted. She stealthily opened the door and went in, not expecting such a heartbreaking scene in front of her.

Jessica was hovering over Tiffany and they were kissing passionately…

 

Yuri couldn't take the setback, as she stood rooted to the ground. She closed her eyes and opened them repeatedly, hoping that it was just a horrible nightmare. After a while, she knew that it was reality and there was no escaping the ugly fact. Her girlfriend of 3 years had cheated on her with her friend.

The one she considered a motherly figure that never failed to give her care and concern like a real mother would to her child… was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter