Chapter 19

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was tapping her foot as she waited for her girlfriend to pick her up; Yuri was supposed to fetch her from her photoshoot location because the latter wanted to bring her out on a date before they got back into the depressing mood back at home. Yoona was looking forward to their little escape, considering the small issue they had with their fears and insecurities. She also made it a point to spend more time with Yuri now that she knew her girlfriend’s worries and fears; Yuri had every right to be scared after all she had been through and overcome with the members.

“BABY!”

A relieved sigh left Yoona’s lips when she saw Yuri stumble out of her BMW; how could such a hot, gorgeous biker chick like Yuri be so attractive yet so clumsy at the same time?

“What took you so long?!” Yoona slapped Yuri’s shoulder, crossing her arms over her chest. She was being a spoilt baby, of course, though it wasn’t like Yuri would mind that very much. “I’ve been waiting for eons!”

An extra goofy grin crawled up Yuri’s face the moment she saw how cute and princess-like her girlfriend was behaving right there and then; she made sure no one was watching before wrapping her arms around Yoona’s waist. Her eyes were doing all the talking for her when Yoona turned around; the couple were practically staring at each other while engulfed in a sweet back-hug – that precious moment would have been every other couple’s envy. Yoona's cheeks were tainted a pretty pink, her heart racing rapidly as Yuri's chin now rested on her shoulder to get a better look at her.

“I’m sorry I was late,” Yuri pouted, “will my princess forgive me?”

No matter how cringy that line was to Yoona's ears, she couldn't hold back a smile from appearing onto her face; Yuri thought she looked cute with that pout but Yoona couldn't stop comparing the latter to a puppy instead. 

“I will forgive you if you don’t ever call me that again.”

“Already done!”

Yoona’s cheeks turned pinker quite significantly (if it was even humanely possible) when Yuri opened the passenger door for her just like a gentleman or a gentlewoman would. She slid into the car and awed at the interior design of it; no matter how many times Yuri drove her around, Yoona would never get over the splendid colours of the car. Yuri had customised the car design to match her own tastes and it looked rather authentic, better than what Yoona or the other members had expected. After all, Yuri had the most four-dimensional personality and she was so random at times; goodness knows what the car would have looked like if she was in one of her moods.

Yuri switched the gear and accelerated at once; one hand holding the steering wheel with the other resting on the armrest. She wasn’t going to look at her girlfriend because she could feel Yoona’s eyes on her and if she turned now, she was going to end up blushing like a child who met her crush for the second time.  

“Why aren’t you looking at me?” Yoona pouted, her hand reaching for Yuri’s that was resting just beside her. “Yah, it’s a red light already. The least you could do is give me some attention!”

How could anyone ever resist that cute plea?

The black pearl quickly turned to face Yoona, her eyes staring deep into the latter’s eyes to find a trace of bashfulness whatsoever but there was none. Yoona was only too happy to have their eyes meet like this, because she wasn’t going to blush so heavily this time. Instead, Yoona rested her chin on her hand and smiled prettily at her girlfriend – she rarely had time to admire Yuri because Yuri always got the opportunity to stare at her first. By the time Yoona realised that she was being stared at, there was no chance for her to return the favour to Yuri at all.

Yuri had to look away because she knew her face was warming up, “alright fine, you win this round. Gosh, Yoong. You know I can’t do this for a long period of time, don't you?”

A triumphant giggle left Yoona’s lips as she took Yuri’s hand into her own, giving her girlfriend a tender peck. She didn’t need to say anything to give Yuri the answer; her silence was the answer itself. What made her more appeased was how pink Yuri's cheeks were; a sight not often sighted wherever they were at whichever time - actually, Yuri blushed the most when they were being teased by their members for being extremely cute together. Other than those short moments, Yoona rarely had the luxury of making Yuri blush so bashfully in front of her full view like this. 

A date was well-needed, obviously. 

 

 

“I can’t believe you’re making me do this…”

“Why not? You know I love you.”

“After this,” Yuri cocked an eyebrow, “not so much.”

Yoona pouted and batted her eyelids in front of Yuri, not satisfied with the answer she had just received. She knew Yuri couldn’t bowl to save her life and that was the whole purpose of dragging her to a bowling alley instead of Yuri’s original arcade date. Yuri might get embarrassed or upset at the end of it all but it was pretty comical, and Yoona wanted to bowl alongside her. She always had fun watching Yuri fail at times, because Yuri would be the one who'd come to her for comfort. In fact if anything, the members all found Yuri’s bowling quite the comedy at times and they always watched some old videos of her bowling with others.

Yuri groaned and looked up at the ceiling; she would end up giving in without a second thought if she continued looking at that gorgeous face. She had already given in the first time in the car when Yoona casually asked her to change the venue of their little date.

“Yurrriiiiiiii, look at meeeeee…”

“Stop,” Yuri whined, feeling Yoona’s arms around her waist this time; skinship was one of her breaking points. She had two options right now: to pull away from the embrace or to continue hugging Yoona like this, which was to give in, in other words. “You’re killing me here, Yoong.”

A smirk appeared on Yoona's face after Yuri's last words; she knew Yuri's soft spot for her was going to be ultimate weapon to use. She had noticed this since their trainee days, and a part of her adored the fact that Yuri could never say no to her but of course, that also applied to almost everyone that interacted with Yuri. Yoona always found herself on the worried end when Yuri went out with her own friends instead of her members; God knows if they were going to take advantage of Yuri. With absolutely no offence to Yuri’s choice of friends, Yoona would not hesitate to teach them a lesson if they ever tried to use the latter.

Yuri sighed in defeat, cupping Yoona’s cheeks in front of her. She couldn’t help but chortle when she squeezed the latter’s cheeks, looking exactly like a hamster.

“Fine. Only because you look this cute.”

 

*

 

“Taeyeon-unnie… how are you feeling?”

“Like I’m about to die.”

The youngest shook her head in slight disappointment at how the leader was behaving in front of her; she thought of it as a temporary phase where Taeyeon would feel depressed for a short while and revert back to her old self. It could be because Taeyeon never showed her feelings so openly anymore, or perhaps there didn’t seem to be anything for her to be sad about. Honestly, Seohyun was just throwing things out there now; she had seen so many of their members go through their own relationship problems over the years that almost everything was normal.

Seohyun sat at the edge of the bed and took the covers off Taeyeon, sighing at the terrible sight in front of her. She couldn’t even remember the last time Taeyeon had sat in the living room with all of them like how they used to; she was retracting into her depressed state again.  

“I’m an idiot, Joohyun,” Taeyeon whispered lifelessly, her tears flowing from the side of her eyes and onto her pillow. She couldn’t withstand the pain in her chest, “if I wasn’t being such a douche in the first place, none of this would have happened.”

Taeyeon truly felt as if she was the principle cause of the entire mess, there was really no one else to blame; she had known about Sunny’s feelings for her, though it wasn’t so clear – an inkling was enough to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter