Chapter 8

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was unable to focus on the photoshoot; how could she when all she could think of was Tiffany and Yuri? She plopped onto the sofa in their waiting room; it was bad enough she couldn’t focus and now, Yoona was also here for the photoshoot. Granted that it wasn’t just the two of them, Jessica still found it difficult to breathe easily. She could literally feel Yoona’s eyes on her all the time, even when she was resting – it was completely unbelievable but it was indeed happening.

“Here.”

Looking up to see who it was, Jessica found Taeyeon standing in front of with a protein bar in her hand. Taeyeon was still the one who had to take care of her; she was the kid leader after all. Jessica sat up and took the protein bar reluctantly, leaning back against the headrest once she did so. Taeyeon was still unwilling to forgive Jessica and Tiffany so easily but seeing the depression Jessica was going through now, it was too difficult to maintain her cold-heartedness.

“You can’t keep doing this to yourself.”

“I’m not doing it on purpose. I just can’t eat.”

Yoona didn’t want to care, she really didn’t but she couldn’t help but to look over at the ice princess and the kid leader – Jessica had lost a lot more weight than anyone did over the years. She looked as pale as a skeleton and even skinnier than Sooyoung; it didn’t look well on Jessica. Yoona didn’t want to worry but anyone would worry about Jessica when she didn’t look anything like she did back then.

How was Yoona going to keep this up?

 

[Yuri]

i miss you L

 

[Yoona]

i miss you too L  

 

[Yuri]

everything going fine?

like the photoshoot and all

 

[Yoona]

fine, i guess

 

[Yuri]

you're bored, arent you

missing me? 👻

 

[Yoona]

dont be so cocky

i dont 🙂

 

[Yuri]

well then

i shall go out w soojung

SO LONG 👋

 

[Yoona]

you take a step out of the house

kwon yuri 👿

you wont have a place to sleep tonight

 

[Yuri]

see

you've admitted it

 

[Yoona]

shut up

 

[Yuri]

yes boss 😉

good luck w your shoot 

you'll look beautiful

 

[Yoona]

cheeseball 

 

Yoona bit on her lower lip to keep herself from smiling; Yuri's cheesiness was never going to change, was it? Yuri was a perfect cheeseball not only to the person she was dating, but also to her members. The black pearl made sure to remind each and everyone of them time and again that they were beautiful; further inciting them to ignore the haters on their instagram. 

“You two are so whipped for each other.”

“Be quiet, Unnie.”

Taeyeon made a face and smiled to herself; Yoona was so defensive over Yuri already – geez, they weren’t even together and Yuri wouldn’t be able to get teased by anyone without Yoona defending her. If that meant losing their playful black pearl, then Taeyeon would deny them getting together at all costs, pft.

“Are you not feeding Yuri attention, Yoong?” Sunny came into the room with a bored expression on her face, her phone in her hands, “she just texted me to tell you not to wait up for her tonight. She’s going out for dinner with Fany.”

Jessica’s ears perked up at the mention of Tiffany, and everyone’s hearts squeezed when they saw it; the slightest reaction from Jessica was so difficult to have after they broke up. Tiffany breaking up with her was the most noble thing the girls had ever seen but it was also one of the most painful things to witness when the victim is also one of them. The slumped shoulders and the watery eyes afterward was enough to express the pain she was feeling.

Yoona didn't want to feel bad but she could put herself in Jessica's shoes - when both commit a mistake but only one is forgiven... gosh. She, of all people would know if Yuri is planning to forgive Jessica but telling the truth would only make it less fun. After all Jessica has put Yuri through, Yoona wanted to make the ice princess suffer a little more before she was forgiven.

 

[Yoona]

you didnt tell me you're going out w Fany-unnie

geez

sneaky much

 

[Yuri]

i was going to ask you aloong!!!!!

HMPH

 

[Yoona]

ok fine

sorry for assuming

 

[Yuri]

HMPH

HMPH

 

[Yoona]

i'll hmph you out of the house

and the bed too

 

[Yuri] 

meanie

dont kick me out :( 

 

[Yoona] 

im just kidding cutie

i know you cant sleep wo me

xx

 

And she wasn't just teasing Yuri this time; it was a fact. Yuri had been unable to sleep for the past few nights without her and Yuri snuck into bed when she was asleep. Yoona woke up in the mornings with an arm around her waist and a head snuggling into her neck; it was the best thing to be spooned throughout the night by the love of your life. 

“Just look at her, smiling as if nothing’s wrong in the world.”

Yoona looked up and found the two danshins, even their stylists staring at her with mischievious smiles naughty children would have after doing something wrong. She blushed a little, her cheeks turning pink at the thought of Yuri being hers and her being Yuri’s. Yuri had hinted to her that they might progress into an item in time - it was simply a time lapse to make sure she was well moved on and not harbouring one-sided feelings still.

Sunny didn’t usually do this; she walked towards Yoona and sat beside the younger, holding Yoona’s hand in hers. “I hope you take care of her heart, Yoong, because if you don’t – so God help me, I will break you myself.” Sunny warned Yoona carefully; the seriousness in the elder’s eyes was frightening, especially for Yoona who never experienced it before.

“Sunny-unnie, I’ve been in love with Yuri since we were trainees,” Yoona started nervously, “I gave her up once, but I won’t this time because I know I deserve her.”

Yoona’s words were assuring to all of them, even Jessica who had known better than to take it as a direct jab was proud of how sure Yoona was of her feelings. If there was one thing Yuri couldn’t get straight, it was her feelings and her disability to take a hint – but with Yoona being this straightforward, their relationship was going to blossom real fine. Yuri was a terrible liar too, and one emotion she couldn’t hide well was a rather known emotion of a lover – jealousy.

Taeyeon suddenly smirked, “has Yur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter