Chapter 15

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stupid.”

“I don’t believe this.”

“Ugh!”

Hyoyeon wiped her sweat off in slight frustration; she was too busy cleaning the room to even care about her girlfriend who was snoring like a pig. Sooyoung had stripped herself in the midst of her sleep and threw her clothes all over the room, and she didn’t even budge when Hyoyeon tried to wake her up. Hyoyeon was a clean person by nature and she had an insane sense of OCD, which explained her frustration over how messy their room was at the moment.

Imagine having to do the laundry with an alochol stench all over at the crack of dawn… it was horrible and unreasonable.

“Hyoyeon-unnie?”

“Hi, Joohyun. What are you doing up so early?”

Seohyun stood beside her best friend and rested her head against Hyoyeon’s shoulder; she had been having quite a few problems of her own lately but they were all easily solved too…. things like figuring out her uality and making sure she didn’t make wrong decisions. Hyoyeon gently patted Seohyun's head; their maknae was a precious gem to them and she was always their stable statue whose opinions never swayed with the wind. It was their fortune to have such an adorable yet firm maknae.

“Unnie,” Seohyun whispered, “I think I’m not straight.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I don’t have any more feelings for Yonghwa…”

If Hyoyeon was to be a hundred percent honest, she knew Seohyun wouldn't last very long with Yonghwa; they might look cute together but they weren't compatible for a long-term couple. Judging from what Seohyun always told them during their five-minute talks, almost all the members had their money on a break-up some time this year. Well, making a bet out of it might sound weird and mean to strangers but it was almost a normal thing for all nine of them now - they even had a bet on when Yuri and Yoona were going to get together.

As for Seohyun, only one person stuck to the claim that they'd last longer than this year - Jessica.

“I knew it was going to happen sooner or later,” Hyoyeon admitted as she threw everything into the washing machine; she was very straightforward and every member knew it. She walked around to turn the machine on before smiling, “I’m glad you’re figuring it all by yourself though. You’ve grown up a lot more and you know what you want… unlike someone.”

Seohyun couldn’t help the snicker; Hyoyeon was being really shady but she understood why too – their kid leader was being unusually wishy-washy about things. She shook her head at the thought of the love triangle; all the other members’ problems were becoming peanuts compared to Hyomin, Sunny and Taeyeon. In fact, every single member here had been trying to talk some sense into Taeyeon and the last straw was last night where Yuri and Sooyoung went to find her.

Nothing worked so far, and Taeyeon wasn't expressing anything obvious enough for Sunny to notice again. 

“Unnie, what’s wrong with Taeyeon-unnie?”

“What’s wrong with me?”

Hyoyeon and Seohyun jumped at the sudden intrusion; they had some really guilty expressions when they turned around to find Taeyeon leaning against the railing at the foot of the stairs. Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow and stared at her two members seemed to be so engrossed in talking that they didn’t realise she was there. She knew they were all worried about her and Sunny but she too wanted to know what was wrong with her; why she couldn't get her feelings straight and what she wanted with her life. It would be good to actually get it out.

Seohyun decided to be straightforward about it; she walked towards Taeyeon and patted her shoulder, “we’re waiting for you to get your stuff together so you won’t have any regrets when Sunny-unnie begins to fall for someone else.”

The kid leader didn’t say anything, simply because she didn’t know what in the world she felt. She remembered the random outbursts of jealousy she felt when Sunny was exceptionally close with certain group members; the worst being when Sunny openly admitted her being a fan of Apink’s leader, Park Chorong… as if it wasn’t bad enough that Chorong was as much of a fan of Sunny. All it made Taeyeon feel was jealousy, jealousy and more jealousy at the mere thought of it all; it should have said something back then but Taeyeon was a blur idiot. 

“It’s okay, Seo. I’ll figure it out on my own.”

That being said, Hyoyeon went to the medicine cabinet and got some aspirin while Seohyun poured a glass of warm water for her; she didn’t want her girlfriend to suffer from too bad of a hangover. Hyoyeon went upstairs with a smile, knowing that the kid leader was going to make good her word about figuring out her feelings. She didn’t have to worry so much about Taeyeon and Sunny anymore; it was their problem and they’d have to be the ones figuring it out. For now, she had to worry about her child of a girlfriend calling for her and making sure she had Hyoyeon by her side. 

“Hyoyeon…”

“Baby, where are you?”

Hyoyeon burst out laughing when she heard the whines coming from their bedroom; the child was awake. She kicked the door open and put on a poker face; Sooyoung was going to have to pacify her for coming like that last night. She missed Sooyoung all the time, especially since everyone was so focused on the current problem between the trio. Even if they were out on a date, they would end up talking about Taeyeon and Sunny unintentionally. 

It was such a pity because they didn’t have a lot of time together as it was, yet their time was always focused on someone else when they did have free time.

Sooyoung rolled over and smiled once she saw her girlfriend, stretching out her arms with a small pout. “Come here…”

“Why?”

“Hmph!”

Hyoyeon giggled and walked towards the bed, placing the glass and medication on the bedside table. She patted Sooyoung’s and sat beside her on the bed, sighing at her girlfriend. Sooyoung turned over and was about to retort when she saw how lovingly Hyoyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter