Chapter 2

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was in the bathroom brushing her teeth when she heard Jessica softly groan in her sleep. Her girlfriend was probably on the verge of waking up already, Jessica always had the habit of stretching noisily in the mornings when she didn’t get enough rest.  She smiled and continued brushing her teeth, she would just have to greet Jessica when they gathered for breakfast.

Yet at the back of her mind, the conversation with Taeyeon last night was locked there.

Jessica ruffled her bed hair sleepily and walked down the stairs slowly, yawning loudly. “Good morning, Sica-unnie,” Seohyun greeted politely as she carried a couple of bowls to the dining table. Jessica flashed her gummy smile at their maknae before continuing her way down the stairs. “Sica?” Hyoyeon asked, holding Sunny's Xbox controller in hand. She was more than shocked that their neighbourhood sleeping beauty was already awake at 7.30 in the morning.

“Hey, Hyo…” Jessica yawned again, plopping her body onto the couch. If she couldn’t sleep well in bed then maybe the sofa would be a better choice. Hyoyeon ignored the fingers playing with her hair, knowing Jessica was just being a little clingy like she always was. “Like it?” Hyoyeon asked, “I told Unnie to dye it this way.” Jessica smiled at Hyoyeon's words, her blonde hair now looked like a complete rainbow.

Yuri was on her way out of her room when she bumped into Yoona whose eyes were practically glued to the script. Yoona yelped and was about to tumble down the stairs when she felt Yuri’s arms around her waist, making her heart start to race.

“Gosh, Yoong.” Yuri mumbled and steadied the both of them, ruffling Yoona’s hair, “don’t read while you’re walking.” Yoona nodded shyly and put her script down, holding onto the railing with one hand. Yuri was so tickled by Yoona’s obedience, unable to stop herself from giggling.

How cute could her best friend get?

As the two giants made their way downstairs, Taeyeon opened her room door with a gentle push since Sunny was still in dreamland. She tried to close the door as silently as possible before turning around, just in time to see Tiffany coming out of her room. 

“Hey, TaeTae.” Tiffany smiled, wanting to hug Taeyeon like she normally did. Taeyeon couldn’t bring herself to smile back, her suspicions proved so many things, “Hi.” She walked off before Tiffany could wrap her arms around her, she would only hurt Tiffany. Tiffany froze once Taeyeon rejected her hug, she must have found out about something.

A goofy smile appeared on Yuri’s face when she saw her girlfriend laying on the sofa with her arms laid across her stomach, “Morning, baby!” Jessica inwardly sighed at how energetic Yuri was; she would never be able to match up to that amount of energy. She pushed herself up and rested on her elbows, “hey, Yul.” She let herself drop back down on the soft cushion when Yuri was about to kiss her. 

Yuri froze when she realized Jessica had just successfully avoided her morning kiss and she tried to laugh it off, “Hey, Hyo. Where’s Sunkyu and the others?” Hyoyeon just shrugged her shoulders, “probably still asleep, I guess.”

Yoona frowned when she spotted Jessica's actions, was she actually avoiding Yuri's kisses now cause Yoona would be glad to receive them. She rolled her eyes and headed to the study room at the end of the hall where it soundproof so she could do whatever she needed to focus. Taeyeon didn't bother to greet anyone in the living room, she was far too bothered with the situation between Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany for the moment. “Morning, Taengoo.” Sooyoung greeted, holding the ladle to her lips. 

Taeyeon turned to Sooyoung and hugged the giant from the back, “why are you cooking today? Isn’t it Yoong’s turn?” Sooyoung chuckled and shook her head, “Yoona slept late because of she was reading her script so we decided to exchange for this week.” Taeyeon nodded slowly, no wonder Yoona wasn’t in the kitchen. 

When Tiffany finally got over the shock of Taeyeon rejecting her, she started to make her way downstairs. Her heart stopped when she saw Yuri staring at Jessica with her well-known puppy eyes. Only this time, there was more of a sad gaze than a loving one. “Hey guys!” Tiffany tried to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter