Chapter 4

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was in the midst of letting out all her feelings when she felt twp pairs of arms engulf her in a tight embrace. The two pairs of arms belonged to Sunny and Yoona; both were tearing along with the sobbing girl. Yet, hugging Yoona gave her butterflies in her stomach - the feeling she had when she had fallen in love with Jessica.

Thankful for their comfort, Yuri flashed them a small smile and kissed both their cheeks before she hugged them both tightly. If only she didn't fall for her own best friend... 

‘Did I not love her enough? Maybe she felt insecure and I was never there for her. It's all my fault, she left me…’

“Thank you so much guys, Sunny, Yoongie. You guys are the b-best.”

Soon, Sooyoung and Seohyun appeared at the door, smiling at the sight of the three hugging girls on the bed. The both of them pouted and walked towards the door sulkily. “Yah, stop pouting! I love both of you too.” Yuri giggled and threw herself into Sooyoung and Seohyun's arms, the two younger ones catching her with ease.

Although Jessica and Tiffany had broken her heart, she felt like she was on top of the world with the 6 other girls there with her. She wasn't alone in this hell. 

 

“Jessica, did you even love Yul?” Hyoyeon snapped, crossing her arms angrily. 

Jessica looked down guiltily and quickly wiped away the tears that had formed. Tiffany kept quiet and clasped her fingers together. The ice princess replied with a shaky voice, “I did, I really did… until I felt myself falling for Tiffany. I didn't want to hurt Yuri, Hyoyeon-ah. I swear.”

The blonde cursed silently and was about to slap the living daylights out of the older girl when she caught sight of Taeyeon at the balcony, deep in her thoughts. 

It was a rare sight to see the kid leader so engrossed in her own thoughts because she was usually fooling around with Yuri, Yoona or the bipolar couple, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. 

Hyoyeon threw a last glare at Jessica and Tiffany before going to the balcony. “Taeyeon-ah, what's wrong?” Hyoyeon asked, intertwining her fingers with Taeyeon's. 

Taeyeon looked up and Hyoyeon was stunned. Her eyes were red and completely free of emotion. Hyoyeon pulled her closer and gently embraced her. The moment she did, the kid leader burst into tears, which stunned her. Their leader never cries so Hyoyeon couldn’t do anything but comfort her and her hair.

“It hurts Hyoyeon-ah... it hurts so much,” Taeyeon whispered, “I’m such a bad leader to all of you. I shouldn’t have let this happen... This isn't how a leader is supposed to be… I’m sorry.” Hyoyeon kept her position and hushed Taeyeon, comforting her with her gestures instead of her words.

Silence took over, but it wasn't awkward. They kept their position until much later, when Taeyeon finally decided to head to Yuri and Yoona’s room with a brighter expression.

 

The moment Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were out of sight; Jessica approached Tiffany and s her arms around her waist. She whispered into Tiffany’s neck, “I’m sorry, Fany… I got you into this mess and I caused them to turn against you. I apologize.” Tiffany shook her head and ran her fingers through Jessica’s locks, “it’s not only you. It’s my fault too…”

Jessica knew there was no hope for Yuri and her but she would never be able to apologize enough for this horrible mistake. She grabbed hold of Tiffany’s hand and gave it a tender squeeze, “we need to apologize to Yuri, don’t we? I don’t know if it’s going to help matters though.”

 

When the rest of the members caught sight of Jessica and Tiffany behind the opening door, their gaze had turned intense in a matter of seconds. It didn’t help that their ever-so-bubbly Yoona was now throwing daggers at them and if eyes could kill, the two would be ten feet under the ground by now.

Yoona and Sooyoung had expressions that displayed multiple emotions at one time and the two knew it, which showed in their hesitation to enter the room. Hyoyeon wanted to hold onto her girlfriend but Sooyoung didn't shrugged her off time and again, Hyoyeon didn't need to be told twice. 

“Why are you here again, Sica?” Sooyoung glared; she was still unable to comprehend how Jessica could cheat on Yuri for so long and yet didn’t even look the least bit guilty, “you’ve already hurt Yul enough, haven’t you? If I can’t even look at you without feeling disgusted, do you think Yuri would be able to?”

“Stay out of this, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened and she grabbed hold of Jessica’s shirt, pinning the blonde against the wall; they might have been much closer friends since they knew each other when they were young but this was unacceptable. Yuri was an absolutely wonderful human being, and it doesn't help that she's been in love with Jessica for so long.

Her hands tightened against Jessica’s collar, “what makes you think you have the right to tell me that?” Jessica looked up and stared at Sooyoung with a gaze too impenetrable, “I'm going to say it again. Let go of me and out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter