Chapter 10

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is the most awkward moment of my life.”

“Right?”

Yuri was sitting across Jessica in the living room; everyone was either busy with schedules or out of the house with their own appointments – they were making sure to give the two of them some privacy to talk. Jessica was reluctant to make conversation with Yuri; the guilt hadn’t depleted when she thought of how much pain she inflicted on the latter. Yuri had Yoona now but it didn't change the fact that she was a cheater.

What if Tiffany was scared to date her because she might cheat on her too? 

Jessica had her head down all this time, she could feel Yuri’s impenetrable gaze on her and it still had that time-stopping effect. She didn’t mean it in the same way as before though; it was the near-friendly manner in which something could make Jessica feel as if time had stopped right there between them. She didn’t dare to look up, for fear that Yuri would be staring at her with loads of hatred.

Even if they did have a past, Jessica wouldn’t want any member to look at her with hatred in their eyes – it was going to destroy her.

“Sica, we’ve been through enough. I know the feeling of being cheated on and I know Fany is afraid of it as much as I am, but I trust Yoona. For now, you need to make Fany believe that you love her enough to wait for her to be ready. She's guilty, and she can't carry on because we have absolutely no closure.”

“I’m dying, Yuri-ah…”

Don’t even talk about Tiffany; if even Yuri felt her heart shatter at the sight of desperation in Jessica’s eyes, then almost anyone could feel the pain for Jessica. Now that Yuri was taking a good look at Jessica, she saw many more things; Jessica had lost a lot of weight and she looked almost sick, as if she had an eating disorder of some sort. Jessica didn't; she just couldn't find an appetite while Tiffany was in her reach but not hers.

Yuri took a deep breath and lifted her cup to her lips, trying to think of how to put her thoughts into words. She wanted to say a lot more things but she didn’t know how to put it across so she wouldn’t be too harsh or misunderstood by Jessica. She didn’t feel any more pain, especially now that she had Yoona by her side – Yoona was the one who changed her entire life.

“Sica, you need to stop thinking that everything is your fault,” Yuri said softly, moving to sit beside Jessica who was curled up on the sofa. She kept very silent and still before saying, “I had my share of mistakes too; and I should have broke up with you when I felt my heart stop racing for you.”

Jessica finally looked up just a little, her eyes going wide at Yuri’s revelation. She never once suspected that Yuri would have also fallen out of love with her before, Yuri never allowed room for any doubt at all. Perhaps it was due to Yuri’s beautiful personality that got her confused; whether she was being kind or showing special care to her – Yuri was nice to everyone she met, whether she liked them or not.

“If only we’d communicated earlier…”

“Yeah.”

Yuri heard a sniffle beside her and she gulped in anxiety, stretching her trembling arm around Jessica’s shoulder. She knew she should have done this earlier when she heard Jessica start to sob aloud; all Jessica needed all this time was comfort as well as a hug. Jessica plastered a smile on her face all the time and tried to remain strong but no one bothered to ask about her.

It was probably the cheating part which irked a lot of them.

Jessica buried her face into Yuri’s shoulder and hugged her ex-girlfriend tightly, “I’m sorry… I’m s-sorry….”

The guilt and pain Jessica had tried so hard to bottle up was finally coming out, and in front of Yuri at that. Jessica knew that their friendship was going to change and become even stronger in the future after this; Yuri was already over her and their past relationship - all they needed was some closure in order to refill the empty portions and repair the worn out parts of their hearts. 

It was done.

 

*

 

Tiffany laid her head on Yoona's lap, trying her best to hide her tears as she nuzzled her face into the younger's thighs. She had always wanted to watch movies with Jessica in this position on a lazy Saturday or Sunday; to think she was doing this with her ex-girlfriend. No offence to Yoona, no way, but Tiffany could only imagine what it would be like to be with Jessica now - it was so difficult for her to actually go ahead with it. 

“Unnie,” Yoona frowned, her fingers rubbing Tiffany’s cheek softly, “you’re crying again.”

At that mention of Tiffany crying, the other members turned around to face the poor American on the sofa. They had come to Yoona’s apartment since they wanted to leave the dorm for Yuri and Jessica to have some privacy. Yoona bent down and pressed her lips against Tiffany’s temple, brushing away the elder’s tears – it was so depressing to see their positive angel like this.

Sunny clenched her teeth and sighed, “you should know that you have the power to get back with Jessica; you were the one who insisted on separating until Yuri was happy. Now she is, but you’re not planning to be with her.”

Sooyoung glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter