Chapter 12

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri shut her eyes in content as she embraced Yoona tighter, pulling her closer into her warmth. She had always relished the feeling of waking up beside her girlfriend – okay maybe not always but lately, their relationship has gotten a lot tighter and thanks to Yoona, Yuri hasn’t thought about Jessica or Tiffany and her heartbreak or regretted their relationship ever again. If they didn't break up or date int he first place, she might not be with Yoona now.

The power of love.

“Stop molesting me.”

“I am not."

Yoona rolled her eyes playfully, turning around to face her childish girlfriend who was busy running her fingers along the sides of Yoona’s waist. She couldn’t help her widening smile when she saw Yuri pretending to be asleep, even adding the tongue-between-her-lips habit. Yuri was adorable, even more so now that she was behaving like the puppy everyone called her. She scooted closer and cupped Yuri’s cheek, caressing it gently.

“I love you… so, so much.”

Yuri finally opened her eyes and yawned playfully, moving her face closer to Yoona’s. She held Yoona’s hand on her cheek, planting kisses on the soft skin. “You’re beautiful, Yoong,” Yuri confessed bashfully, trying to hide her red cheeks by giving her girlfriend a compliment.  

“Is my puppy Yul blushing?” Yoona giggled, poking one of Yuri’s chubby cheeks, “you’re so cute, but you should stop trying to hide your blush from me.”

Yoona opened her arms even wider and she gasped loudly when Yuri dived into her embrace at the chance, her head resting comfortably on Yoona's plump chest. Yuri loved hugging her like this, not to mention using her bare chest as her pillow but Yoona didn't mind - what mattered was that Yuri was the one in her arms and warmth, for now and the rest of her life. 

Caressing Yuri’s head affectionately, Yoona bent her head minimally and placed a kiss on Yuri’s hair, “go to sleep, baby.”

Yuri pouted and nuzzled her nose even deeper, tickling her girlfriend with the prickly sensation her chest. She snickered when Yoona tried to push her off with one hand, yet the other was holding Yuri by the shirt. Yoona groaned at the cheeky kid on her; she was never going to be able to keep up with this kkab. She knocked the back of Yuri's head and giggled when Yuri whined, stopping all her antics.

“I can’t sleep.”

“I know.”

Yuri looked up and rested her chin between Yoona’s two mounds, “how did you know?”

Yoona rolled her eyes, staring at her girlfriend with an are-you-kidding-me expression. She knew Yuri too well; if Yuri couldn’t sleep, she would have been snoring by now. Yuri was an early bird because she needed to wake up in the morning to grind her ma and exercise. Yuri probably didn’t know about it because Yoona noticed all this when she was with Jessica.  

“Fine, fine…”

Yuri gave Yoona one last peck on the lips before taking back her rightful pillow, hugging Yoona’s body closer. Yoona just ran her fingers through Yuri’s hair, lulling her baby of a girlfriend to sleep.

“Goodnight, Yul…”  

 

*

 

Taeyeon sat in the living room alone, a can of beer in hand as she turned down the volume of the TV. She was puzzled by a lot of things and most of all, Sunny’s behaviour. Sunny has always been this motherly yet cute person around them but lately, she keeps zoning out and gets lost in her own thoughts, even on stage. Taeyeon had been getting backlash from the company because of her members were ‘lazy’ but she wasn’t going to pin this on Sunny.

Sunny seemed to be going through something… and it was worrying.   

Even more so, Taeyeon had noticed that she rarely thought about her as thoughts about Sunny entered her mind more often. She didn’t know when or how it started; if it wasn’t for Seohyun’s sharp heads-up, Taeyeon might still be stuck in her own world without paying enough attention to the people who needed it.

“Oh Sunkyu…”  

“Sunkyu’s asleep.”

“Ah!” Taeyeon yelped and rubbed her chest, scowling at the unwelcome stranger, “you gave me a shock!”  

“Oh, zip it.”

Taeyeon pouted at the hostile return from her very own awkward partner, Hyoyeon. She frowned even more when Hyoyeon made a disgusted face after seeing her pout. Hyoyeon just chuckled and patted Taeyeon’s head, sitting beside their kid leader with a glass of vodka in her hand – unexpectedly receiving Taeyeon’s admiration. Taeyeon would like to drink heavy liquor like it was nothing but she’d definitely embarrass herself.

Hyoyeon sighed loudly, “so what’s keeping you up, Taengoo?”

“Just… things.”

Taeyeon rested her head on Hyoyeon’s shoulder, earning a WTF look on the dancer’s face. She was never this touchy and affectionate with the other girls unless she was in one of her moods – there were only two people who received most of Taeyeon’s undying affection, unfortunately. One was attached and the other was getting more depressed by the week… it wasn’t difficult to see why Taeyeon’s mood was dying down also.

Hyoyeon tried to poke Taeyeon’s head and be as annoying as possible but Taeyeon was starting to whine even more. “Yah, why the hell are you being so clingy?” Hyoyeon groaned. She wished Taeyeon wouldn’t behave in such a manner; it was starting to get really worrying. “I’m sad,” Taeyeon whined, her other hand trying to hold Hyoyeon’s.

This behaviour was weird but Hyoyeon was not complaining, Taeyeon needed to start opening up more anyway. She wasn’t going to push Taeyeon away when the kid leader clearly needed to talk to someone.

“What’s wrong, Taeyeon?”

“Sunkyu… she’s always so sad now.”

Hyoyeon pursed her lips into a thin line; how could Taeyeon be this dense around Sunny?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter