Chapter 14

Can't You See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon sat at the bar alone, hoping and praying to herself that she wouldn't see anyone she knew here. She only came here after finding out that it was one of the most isolated bars nearby. If she was going to drown her sorrows, she would rather do it at a place where no one goes to. If people found out about it, the word was going to spread and Taeyeon didn't want to have to answer questions from other nosy people, not about her love life at the very least.

“Can I have a beer, please?”

“Sure. Give me a moment.”

The bartender left in a jiffy to prepare Taeyeon’s drink, ignoring the look of envy from the other bartenders and waiters walking around the place. It wasn't the first time an idol came before but not someone as big as Girls' Generation, especially the kid leader who was known to be a not-so-strong drinker. Not that they had disgusting thoughts but it was a surprise, since she came alone and not with any other members.

Taeyeon ran her fingers through her hair in slight frustration, feeling her phone vibrate multiple times. She only told one person that she was going somewhere else tonight, and it was their every-so-loyal Seohyun who wouldn’t open about anything unless drilled for. She thought their maknae wouldn’t say anything but it looks like Seohyun had caught on to her own worries.

“Miss, here’s a beer and a cup of water.”

“Water? I didn’t order any.”

The bartender lifted his hand and pointed “That lady over there told me to bring you some.”

What the heck?

Taeyeon turned to the direction the bartender was pointing to and scoffed in amusement; Yuri and Sooyoung were sitting there with their hoodies on, probably thinking that they couldn’t be recognised at all. She rolled her eyes and brought the glass of beer to her lips, taking her own sweet time to enjoy the alcohol gushing down like a coursing river. Not a really big fan of drinking, but Taeyeon needed to drink and it was to simply forget all her heavy and emotional thoughts about the two women. 

“Yah, not acknowledging us now?”

“You two dumbos were following me without my knowledge and you didn’t acknowledge me either.”

“Ditto.”

Sooyoung took a seat while Yuri went to order them more drinks from the same bartender, thanking him for the favour he did earlier. Sooyoung sat opposite Taeyeon and rested her hands beneath her chin, staring at the kid leader with an unreadable gaze. She rarely found it difficult to read a person, especially someone she knew personally but Taeyeon was an exception. Their kid leader used to be as transparent as glass but she has changed so much, too much and it made them worry all the time. 

“What’s on your mind?” Taeyeon asked, feeling a little creeped out by the stares she was receiving from Sooyoung. She didn’t like being stared at because it gave her a very judgemental vibe. “You’re looking at me like I have a third ear in the middle of my forehead.”

Oblivious to the pin-drop silence, Yuri came back with a tray of shots along with a foolish grin on her face. She sat down in between the two of them and cupped her face, looking from Sooyoung to Taeyeon’s face. Honestly, she looked a little too jolly to be around someone as depressed as Taeyeon and it was going to quite a big clash between the two of them when they were drunk.

“So what have I missed?”

“Nothing.”

Yuri rolled her eyes and smacked the top of Taeyeon’s head, not liking the confrontational tone Taeyeon was using. She rested her frame atop her arms and sighed, “what’s on your mind, Taeyeon? Do you know everyone has their own opinion of what’s going on with you, and they are all afraid that you’re going to lose it.” Yuri didn't want it to be straightforward like that but she needed to get the point across or nothing was going to be of use.

“Well, we all know you like Fany so…”

“W-What?” Taeyeon spluttered, choking on her water, “what do you mean by everyone knows?”

Sooyoung made a face, “what do you think we mean? The only people who didn’t know was this idiot here and Sica since they were directly involved.”

Taeyeon gulped aloud at that revelation; did that mean Tiffany knew about it too? She could remember talking to Tiffany about her one-sided crush but she never mentioned her name; it made her wonder if Tiffany already knew about it then. Speaking of Tiffany, that meant Sunny knew about it way before everyone because she started acting a little differently quite some time ago. 

How long has she been oblivious to Sunny's feelings? How could Sunny even consider her a best friend that way? 

“But we also know that you’re confused now, especially since Hyomin’s planning to court Sunkyu,” Yuri shrugged as she took another shot; she wasn’t in the least bit worried because being in Hyomin’s hands meant no worrying for them. “If anything, Hyomin’s a very good person to be with so if I were you, I’d make sure to let Sunkyu know about her good points.”

What?

Wasn’t that chasing Sunny away?

Sooyoung nudged Yuri’s side and furrowed her eyebrows, wanting to know what exactly the black pearl had up her sleeve – this was not what they planned to talk about at all. Yuri originally wanted to scold Taeyeon for being such an idiot and not saying anything about her confused heart but her words weren't matching her plan at all. And right now, Sooyoung was wondering if Yuri was a SunByung or a SunYeon shipper. 

“Honestly, though,” Sooyoung sighed this time; she might prefer Sunny with their kid leader but if it meant Sunny getting hurt than it was better not to. “Who do you like more? I don’t want anything to go wrong between us now but if you can’t help it, then I don’t know…”

Yuri blew a strand of hair away from her face, taking out her phone to send a text to her girlfriend. She knew Yoona wasn't very happy when she offered to follow Taeyeon, especially since she wasn't up to par with drinks. Yuri and alcohol could be a good match, but they could also be a disastrous pair. She did have to prove herself worthy of being able to hold her liquor or Yoona would never trust her with the members when they went to clubs. 

 

yoong 💕 yoona-yahhhh we already found taengoo good for you baby :(  what dont be mad at me  i promise i won't get drunk if you're drunk, i'll just kick you out no big deal HEY i want to sleep with you then don't get drunk duh i won't good girl

 

Yoona blushed when she re-read their messages all over again; she was so touched by how much Yuri wanted to be with her in the same room. She didn't by any means refer to it in a erted way; she just loved the feeling of security and protection she got from being enveloped in Yuri's arms. Yuri hugged her to sleep almost every night now and Yoona was only going to kick her out if the stench was too bad. If anything else, she would really Yuri to lull her to sleep once more.

Finally looking up from her phone, Yoona squealed in shock when she saw the rest of the members staring at her with ridiculously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter