.Chapter 23. (Final)

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A soft buzz filled the semi lit stoned room, the only source of light being a softly glowing glass orb sitting before a young beautiful girl. Her long red painted nail hands swirling around the crystal orb as she muttered something under her breath.

 

Her feline eyes fell open and glee flashed across them as she surveyed the crystal ball in front of her. Her thick lips stretched in a wide smile.

 

“It is starting now, my dear Carlo.” The shrill high pitched voice informed the man standing behind the girl. “Soon the world would be ridden of that nuisance everyone feel like worshipping just because he is thought to be the most powerful supernatural being to walk the Earth.” The Witch’s last words held a bitter note in them.

 

The man named Carlo slowly walked toward the Witch, easily slipping his arms around her slim waist from behind before whispering in a sensual tone, “And soon you would get back the title of the most powerful Witch… from that disgusting mutt.” Carlo’s nose crinkled unattractively.

 

The Witch turned around in her lovers arm and laced her hands behind his neck before giving a lopsided smile, “Yes I would.”

 

“Soon we would rule over these weak werewolves and Vampires,” Carlo mused with a smirk of his own before leaning forward to engulf her in a hug. “Or whatever is left of them after the fight.”

 

“True,” The Witch purred. “We would get all that by getting rid of one small pest… Kim Myungsoo.”

 

Carlo’s eyes harden but being in hug the witch couldn’t see. Carlo, the warlock, couldn’t help but seethe thinking about that pale Vampire. Soon, I would have taken my revenge on your murderer Helena. Carlo thought to himself, trying to calm his rage filled heart.

 

The witch leaned back from the hug just to plant her lips against Carlo’s… the warlock cringed internally, not wanting to cheat on his dead lover Helena, but he knew this was necessary. He was a mere warlock, with limited magical powers in compare to proper Witch… he needed this witch for his own gain… he still needed her to think that Carlo’s loved her because he had to wait to be sure the Jinxed Vampire dies first- that little pest seemed to have more lives than a cat.

 

Carlo’s was a little thankful to the Witch for helping him out taking his revenge… even if the Witch was unaware of doing so… but the time had arrived for him to kill that heartless old hag. Carlo knew she was the one who used Helena to do her dirty work and end up dead in the Jinxed Vampire’s hands… she deserved just as terrible fate as Myungsoo does.

 

Patience!! Carlo’s tried telling himself… he has to take his shot with cautious…

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Myungsoo watched with cautious eyes, perched on the top of a tall tree with nearly whole Lee Clan standing under the same tree, he was using as his hide out. He had been successful in convincing his Clan to use same means as him and hide out in the surrounding trees… until their presence was needed. It had taken a lot of effort but he had them convinced that Myungsoo alone should face the Lee Clan… at least at first. Then they were welcomed to assist if Myungsoo was found in any danger, but he hoped that was not the case.

 

At first, he planned on trying to have a civilized- if possible- talk with the Enemy Clan… for Sungyeol as well as the safety of both the Clans.

 

Myungsoo jumped from a couple of hundred tall tree he was standing on and with a cat like grace his feet touched the ground. The soft rumble in the ground was enough to awaken the already alert and ready werewolves… and fortunately for Myungsoo they were still in their Human form, since they were going on their last minute plan… the midnight was still a couple of hours away.

 

The forest wasn’t as dark as in usual days, tonight being the Full Moon Night; the Moon was shining upon them through the small openings in the surrounding trees. Even with dark, Myungsoo’s eyes were capable of seeing quite fine and he knew same was the case with his enemy- or rather his fellow- Wolf Clan.

 

“Hello,” Myungsoo greeted in a pleasant tone, roaming his eyes on roughly a hundred tense werewolves’ standing before him.

 

“Kim Myungsoo,” A venom filled voice spat and it didn’t took Myungsoo long to realized that it was General Hoya who spoke. “You knew about our coming here?”

 

“Of course I did… just like my whole Clan did,” Myungsoo whispered with a hint of amusement in his voice. “I wonder how you would react once you realize that the whole Kim Clan had you surrounded as we speak.”

 

Myungsoo smiled with self-satisfaction seeing the ripple of fear that surged through the werewolves as few heads turned to give a look around them but couldn’t see anything.

 

“We are only here to get our fellow Clan members and kill you, Kim Myungsoo… we want no feud with Kim Clan,” Hoya’s powerful voice boomed around the silent forest and Myungsoo could easily detect the lie lacing in his words. Then Myungsoo noticed how he gave a discrete look to the Moon… but the pale Vampire knew they still had some time to kill before the Moon reaches its peak… before Myungsoo loses his powers.

 

“But killing me means creating a feud between you and my Clan,” Myungsoo told them, emphasizing on ‘my’ to show them he was a part of that Clan, no matter what his background was.

 

“Why would Vampires care about a werewolf like you?” The Alpha, Lee Sungjong, was the one who inquired this time, his voice lacing with mock. “They must hate you to the core but can’t do anything since you are a Jinxed Vampire.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled loudly, shaking his head at the naïve Alpha. “Vampires are not as bad as you have been told. They don’t hate werewolves… but do kill the one who threatens them or their family.”

 

“The only reason they changed you was because they couldn’t stand you being a werewolf… do you called that love?” The Alpha challenged, taking a daring step toward Myungsoo. But Myungsoo didn’t waver and kept the smile on its place.

 

“The circumstances called for it and my parents did what they have to, to save me. Because they loved me and I respect that love the most,” Myungsoo’s calm voice seeped in the stiff air and he hoped his Dad was able to hear and feel his sincerity. “And it is only out of love that my clan is here to fight along me… when clearly it’s only my battle. But obviously same cannot be said about you.”

 

“What?” A loud hiss was heard from many standing before Myungsoo and discontent spread among the Lee Clan.

 

“I am a werewolf, yet you are here to kill me… where is your loyalty?” Myungsoo gloated to see the confusion decorating the werewolves’ faces. Myungsoo had tried to reach out for more psychological approach… hoping to make Lee Clan see that they should think more deeply before running to fulfill the Witch’s errands.

 

“Loyalty for a Monster like you?!” The Alpha hollered; his eyes flashing a mesmerizing amber shade and Myungsoo knew he had failed to achieve the desired result. “Where is my son? Give my son back to me, you sick monster!”

 

Myungsoo staggered a little internally, feeling crippled at the word ‘Monster’ hollered at him… the Lee Clan had always labeled him as a Monster, even without trying to get to know him better… but maybe they were justified, seeing how Myungsoo had proven he was indeed a Monster after killing his mates over and over again.

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes, inhaling and exhaling deeply once, before informing the others, “Only I know where Sungyeol, Kyuhyun and Dongwoo are… kill me and you would never find out-”

 

Myungsoo’s muscles tensed and so did the other werewolves’ stance changed to more alertness as soft thuds vibration reached them through the still ground, soon the sound of running footsteps would be heard… like humans steps, but a little bit faster than normal.

 

Myungsoo couldn’t help the groan that slipped past his lips as his sharp eyes made out five forms running toward them… with three warmer and a bit clumpy bodies and two Vampires, who were obviously running rather slow to match their pace with the werewolves.

 

“What the hell… how did this happen?” Myungsoo demanded, with his voice edge toward anxiety rather than anger.

 

“Oh hey Myung, you would never believe it but your mate got trapped in the dungeon... somehow that stupid slab fell on the doorway of the basement… thankfully, me and Sehun heard their voices and helped them out of there,” A gleeful Kim Jongin filled in Myungsoo, giving himself a proud pat on his shoulder. Myungsoo mentally strangled the two Vampires that were known as the trouble makers of their Clan, Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun, who hardly listen to two words of the lecture the elder Vampires, throw their way. But the two proud Vampires would never have imagined that the day they would commit an actual good deed would actually be counted as another wrong doing on their account. Jongin rubbed his hands excited before asking, “So what did we miss?”

 

Myungsoo looked away from Jongin’s thrilled and Sehun’s stoic face, just for his eyes to fell on Sungyeol’s livid looking face and the thing that stood out the most was the disappointment that shone in his mate’s eyes.

 

“I would deal with you later,” Sungyeol hissed threateningly, jabbing a finger on Myungsoo’s chest- and if Myungsoo was a human he is sure he would have gotten a nasty bruise there- before proceeding to stand before the Vampire, facing his father. “Please dad, don’t do this… I beg you not to attack the Kim Clan. Please don’t hurt Myungsoo… he is my mate dad… you have to listen to me-”

 

“Sungyeol?” The Alpha’s voice shook with emotions as his eyes fell on his healthy looking son before moving toward Dongwoo and Kyuhyun, who had come to stand beside Sungyeol like they were creating a defensive wall for Myungsoo. “All of you are alright…”

 

“Yes Sungjong we are… but you have to hear Sungyeol out… please halt your forces before you end up killing an innocent being,” Dongwoo begged earnestly.

 

“Innocent??” The Alpha growled menacingly. “That monster killed my brother! You know that Dongwoo Hyung. Sungyeol Hyung was supposed to be his mate and he still-”

 

“NO!” Sungyeol’s extreme denial spread with a deafening force. “Myungsoo is only my mate! He is nobody else but mine!”

 

“Sungyeol,” The Alpha gasped, looking in his son’s maddening eyes. “Have you lost your mind?”

 

“Myungsoo is my mate and I won’t let you hurt him, father.” Sungyeol muttered, with his eyes falling down and Myungsoo knew he must be feeling ashamed for shouting at his father like that.

 

“That girl was right… the Jinxed Vampire had all of you manipulated to think he is harmless, he had converted you to his side.” The Alpha cried in agony and moved to reach out for his son but Hoya stopped him.

 

“What girl? The northern Witch?” Dongwoo inquired.

 

“Northern Witch? No, it was a really young girl.” Hoya supplied, looking a little lost and worried as he threw another glance to the climbing Moon. Myungsoo stared at the shadow being casted by the Moon and he knew it won’t be long before it reaches its peak… the thing each and every werewolf present there was waiting for. Myungsoo could easily see through the charade the Lee Clan was tossing there way… they were talking, trying to show they were interested in any talk at all, but on the contrary they were waiting for the moment to come when Myungsoo would be at his weakest. The Vampire didn’t know what the Witch had told them but she had done a thorough job in manipulating the Lee Clan.

 

“That is the northern Witch,” Dongwoo told them. “She wants Myungsoo dead, Sungjong, the only reason she reached out to our Clan is to create a fight between us… to weaken us.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter