.Chapter 16.

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol groaned slightly and combed his fingers through his already ruffled hairs, a couple of times, in clear frustration as his eyes climbed back to the top of the page, he had been reading… once again!

 

When Dongwoo had presented the explanation, after leaving Sungyeol baffled with his shocking statement, about the weird book and how no one other than Sungyeol could read it… Myungsoo had been skeptical but Sungyeol’s heart had swelled in hope. He had thought he would be able to find the answers Myungsoo had been seeking for all these years but alas that was not the case now.

 

Where Sungyeol had believed that all he had to do was open that book and everything would be fine in a blink of an eye… turned out it was a farfetched fantasy. Maybe he had been hoping to find a heading like ‘The Ritual for Breaking Jinxed Vampire’s Curse’ or something… but he had clearly been deceived.

 

True; the book was filled from first page to last, holding valuable information… but the only problem was; everything was written in riddles! Nothing was making sense to the poor young wolf, who might not have been the best student out there to begin with, but he had never felt as dumb as right now. Sungyeol wasn’t even sure for how long he had been reading the same page… it could have been hours consider how the sky outside has started getting dark while he had been burrowing his concentration in nothing but this book… much to his mate’s dismay. He must have been copped in Myungsoo’s bedroom for several hours and only been able to read three or four pages so far.

 

Myungsoo had, ever so kindly, pointed out that Sungyeol was most probably just wasting his time but Sungyeol couldn’t agree with him for once… he felt connected to this books somehow. But when Myungsoo’s nagging had increased by minute then Sungyeol had opted to kick out his pouting mate from his own room… hoping to be able to concentrate a little better.

 

Dongwoo had also given him an old worn out journal… Sungyeol had even consulted to it but had not been able to get any useful information out of it… it seemed his ancestors had not been lucky in understanding this any better than him and had ended up giving up on it. But all of them weren’t in love with Myungsoo like Sungyeol was thus obviously he couldn’t even think about giving up…

 

On a positive note, Sungyeol had been able to understand that this book was written by a Witch… which witch, he didn’t know… but seeing how nearly every page contained some kind of weird symbols- some Sungyeol had seen before and some he hadn’t- sketched in the margins or in the middle of the pages, made it obvious that this book had originally belong to a Witch. Sungyeol couldn’t be sure how it came under his ancestor’s hold… wondering if anyone could guide him toward the Original owner of the book, maybe then he could understand it a little better.

 

Sungyeol exhaled dejectedly before taking deep breathes to get his frustration under control. A little calmer now, he again started reading the book from the beginning… some parts made sense and some didn’t… it was like reading a compilation of short stories, until Sungyeol’s eyes came to stand on the same paragraph he had gotten stuck on previously. There was something in it… Sungyeol was sure of that… the only question was; what??

 

He read it five times, trying to absorb the meaning behind each and every word… but his mind was as blank as ever. Muttering curses under his breath he flumped back on the bed he was sitting upon… finally, mentally admitting that Myungsoo was right; he should take a break from this burdening work.

 

But even lying on the soft bed, sleep was far from Sungyeol’s mind, as his mind kept going over and over that specific paragraph. Sungyeol’s closed his eyes… letting the fatigue to take over him and it had only been 10 minutes when his eyes were wide opened in alarm and he stumbled to get off the bed and reach for the book, rereading the paragraph and suddenly it click on his mind. As he mumbled the words under his breath, he felt like everything started to fall in to place and started making sense.

 

A loud gasp left Sungyeol’s jaw hinged mouth… and just after a heartbeat the bedroom door was thrown opened.

 

“Sungyeollie, are you alright?” Sungyeol looked up with his eyes still wide and mouth hanging open and stared unblinkingly at his worried looking mate… Myungsoo’s worry increased when he didn’t received any reply. “What is it? What did you read??”

 

Suddenly a grin started forming on Sungyeol’s lips as he glance at the book and back at his mate, a bubbly and giddy feeling initiated to settle in his stomach. But he wondered whether he should tell his mate and get his hopes up or should he wait and see if those words were even meant for Myungsoo or not… even though the small symbol sketched at the start of the paragraph did represented a Vampire, if Sungyeol’s limited knowledge did him any justice.

 

“Myungsoo?” Sungyeol called out, fighting the grin on his plump lips. “When is the next full moon?”

 

“Full moon?” Myungsoo asked in puzzlement as he walked toward his creepily smiling mate and peered at the blank- for him- book. “Why? What does it say about full moon?”

 

Sungyeol just shook his head, impatiently, before replying. “I will tell you later… first tell me when is next full moon?”

 

“It’s in two nights,” Myungsoo supplied, knowing very well he won’t be able to get his stubborn mate to tell him anything if Sungyeol didn’t want to.

 

“Two nights?? That’s so far away…,” Sungyeol mumbled. “But remember to take me to a clearing before the full moon reaches its peak, okay??”

 

“Okay,” Myungsoo nodded a little hesitantly. “And you are not gonna tell me why, even if I ask you, right?”

 

“Of course,” Sungyeol replied, like it was obvious. “Now get out, I need to read some more.”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“Why did you called off the attack, Madame? That was one great opportunity we had been looking for several years now.” A grave voice echo’s in a slightly lit dungeon, as the speaker stood by the stairs with his head down in a bow.

 

“Change of plans, my dear.” A soft feminine voice supplied, and luscious red lips of the young beautiful woman stretched in a gloating smile. “And change of target as well.”

 

“Change of target??” The bowing man dared to throw a baffled look to his master, before returning his gaze back on the bare ground.

 

“Yes Carlo, we are changing the target… if only you were here then you would have seen how Myungsoo looked at that pup,” The woman spat bitterly before controlling her expressions. “I wouldn’t be surprise if Myungsoo loved him more than his first mate. So, for the first time in 2000 years a mate has become Myungsoo’s weakness… and we wouldn’t want this opportunity to slide from our fingers, now would we?”

 

“Yes Madame,” The man bowed deeply. “So what would you like me to do?”

 

“Get a few of your men briefed about our new target,” The woman’s black gown swirled beautifully as she turned and took delicate steps toward the stiffened man. “And get a carriage ready.”

 

“Carriage?”

 

“Yes, I just wish to pay a little visit to our… umm… friends.” The red lips stretched over bright white teeth, as the Northern Witch sneered in delight.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“Sungyeollie, slow down a little!” Myungsoo exclaimed at his hyped mate, who seemed to be walking extra fast today and seemed to be bouncing in excitement, but the said wolf just rolled his eyes at his ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter