.Chapter 12.

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The pounding in his head was massive but Sungyeol felt it ebbing away when the heavy numbness in his mind started to lift… disorientated and dizzy Sungyeol cracked opened his eyes but closed them again because of too much brightness. It was like a plug was inserted in his ears as he heard hush muffled voices around him; it was only after a few minutes of concentration that soft and distant calls of his name started registering in his numb brain.

 

The voices started to get clearer and clearer once Sungyeol’s jammed mind started working again, with a jolt in his heart he was able to pick upon Myungsoo’s soft melodious voice calling his name, making Sungyeol to again try and open his heavy lids and found a blurry figure leaning over him. Slowly but surely the small pats on his cheeks started to register as well with Myungsoo’s voice growing stronger and clearer.

 

“Sungyeollie… Sungyeollie, it’s time to wake up…”

 

Sungyeol try to absorb the meaning of these words and blinked slowly to get a clear vision as he fought to wake up from this dreamless sleep. Soon, Sungyeol realize he was lying on something soft and looking behind Myungsoo’s hovering face he noticed a wooden ceiling. It took him a couple of more minutes to realize where in the world he was but the wheels of his mind were turning rather quickly now, thankfully. He raised a stiff hand to place on his spinning head before heaving himself up a little on the chaise lounge, which he realized he was actually laying on, and gave a once over to the small hut he was in before his eyes came to rest at his prettily smiling mate.

 

“At first I tried to wake you up with a kiss, but that didn’t work.” Myungsoo joked, seeing Sungyeol was finally up and about.

 

Sungyeol smiled, despite his pitiful internal condition, before saying a husky and deep voice, “Is that your way of telling me I am not beautiful? Because I sure as hell was sleeping, after a witch had casted a spell on me.”

 

“No of course not!” Myungsoo denied while shaking his head profusely but the beaming grin on his face told Sungyeol that his mate knew he was playing along with him. “It my way of telling you that, that fairytale is not true because if it was then you would have definitely woken up… since no one can rival your beauty.”

 

“Or maybe you not the Prince that was meant to wake me up with the kiss.” Sungyeol muttered, half joking half serious, making Myungsoo’s smile to falter in a heartbeat.

 

“You two can continue your awkward teenage flirt version of ‘Sleeping Beauty’ when we get back home, but right now we have better things to take care off, so can you concentrate for a second?” Suddenly the King’s voice woven its way between the two mates breaking their eye contact and Sungyeol couldn’t be more thankful for this interruption. He quickly looked around to see both the Original Vampires sitting on sofa at the other corner of the pretty hut behind Myungsoo, waiting for Sungyeol to get up properly.

 

Sungyeol got off the chaise lounge and survey the well-organized hut, it screamed of being touch by a feminine hand, with pretty walls and beautiful flowers complimenting the round room.

 

“Where… umm… where is your mother?” Sungyeol inquired politely, as he slowly made his way to the Vampire couple, feeling his parched throat tightening with his each word.

 

“She had been informed of our arrival. I dare say, she would join us shortly.” Woohyun supplied him with the desire answer. “In the meantime, come take a seat.”

 

Sungyeol nodded solemnly as he obediently came to sit on the sofa opposite to them. No more than a second had pass when the space beside the young wolf dipped and was occupied by his mate… Sungyeol didn’t dare raised his head to look at Myungsoo, knowing he might have offended the Vampire with his earlier words. Sungyeol had no idea what possessed him to say that, but now he kind of regret taking the joke a little too far.

 

Sungyeol was woken up from his inner conflicts when a cold hand laced its finger with his warm ones, making him to snap his neck toward his left and find a smiling Myungsoo, making Sungyeol’s heart to flip wildly.

 

“Oh, I am so sorry for being late.” A high pitch, feminine and full of pretense voice spoke easily gaining the attention of the four men readily. Sungyeol got to his feet since Sunggyu and Woohyun had stood up as well, and expectedly turned to look toward the spiral stairs through which he could see a woman, draped in a long black gown, was descending with grace and measured delicacy.

 

Sungyeol waited with his breath held; since he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter