.Chapter 18.

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With his hand posed on a blank page and his tongue tip sticking out slightly, Sungyeol’s eye would once snap to the open book, lying in his feet, before skipping back to the clean page in his hand while he sat on the steps outside the Mansion. With a lot of caution and precision Sungyeol started copying a symbol from the book… it was a weird kind of symbol with an upside down diamond shape enclosed in a circle with a diagonal line, missing a little piece from the middle, cutting through the circle.

 

He was nearly done with his task when he felt a presence behind him, making him to mutter a soft ‘Hi’ without turning around to see if it really was the person he was thinking about or not but in next second he felt the other easing himself behind him as a chest came in contact with Sungyeol’s warm back and two long limbs sprawled on either sides of young wolf and two arms s around his waist to haul him to lean back in his mate’s embrace before a soft and husky ‘Hey’ was rumbled in Sungyeol’s ear. Sungyeol smiled knowing Myungsoo had come out to see him as soon as he gained his proper conscious.

 

“You weren’t there when I woke up,” The sweet voice complained with a small whine evident in the voice and Sungyeol grinned widely as he turned his head slightly to glance back at pouting Myungsoo.

 

“Your dad said you will get extra clingy and cute while wolfsbane effect is being completely worn off… and you know a cute you is my wolf’s weakness. I believe I was doing both of us a favor by not staying.”

 

Myungsoo’s soft chuckle left a tinkling feeling in its awake before he muttered, with his small lips impossibly close to Sungyeol’s sensitive ear, “You know if your wolf wants to… he is welcome to bite me, since I would only faint because of that.”

 

Sungyeol who had been enjoying his relax mode suddenly stiffened before twisting to look Myungsoo directly in his eyes with his own eyes serious and slightly scared.

 

“Last night when you lost conscious and fell in my arms… do you realize how scared I was?” Sungyeol demanded angrily and he was content to see Myungsoo taken aback by his words. “And it wasn’t because I thought whoever was out there would kill me too… no… seeing you faint like that…” Sungyeol shook his head miserably. “I never wish to see you like that ever again… do you hear me, Kim Myungsoo!”

 

“Ah, Sungyeollie,” Myungsoo quickly tightened his arms around his mate, hoping to get his sudden temper down. “I am sorry… I am so sorry… I didn’t mean it like that…”

 

“It’s not your fault,” Sungyeol mumbled, miraculously feeling calm when Myungsoo nuzzled against his shoulder junctions. “I guess I am still a little traumatized because of last night… I feel responsible for what happened last night-”

 

“What?” Myungsoo shouted right in Sungyeol’s ear, making the wolf to flinch. “Sorry… but don’t you dare blame yourself Sungyeollie. If it wasn’t my fault then neither was it yours.”

 

“But-”

 

“No buts… listened to me,” Suddenly Myungsoo’s voice drop an octave. “What we discover last night is amazing… do you realize by next month we would actually be mates! I mean… it’s been two thousand years, Sungyeollie, you might not be able to understand my happiness and excitement… and I can’t even express that in words. But one thing I am sure of is that everything would be fine now!”

 

“No Myungsoo,” Sungyeol shook his head dejectedly. “Nothing is gonna be alright… as long as you are Jinxed Vampire, meaning you possess same powers as the Northern Witch, she would never let you go easily.”

 

“Sungyeol… you know about last night,” Myungsoo whispered while giving a criticizing survey to his surroundings. “You know my powers were numb for a moment… that is the only reason I didn’t realize we had some unwanted company with us last night. The witch still hasn’t found a way to kill me, so no need to worry, Sungyeollie.”

 

“The stake last night was meant for me, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol reminded his mate heatedly. “You turned me at the last moment before it could pierce me-”

 

“That is because you are my mate,” Myungsoo reminded soothingly while cupping Sungyeol’s slightly red face. “I will always protect you Sungyeol.”

 

“But you are my mate too, Myungsoo, and I want to protect you as well… I won’t let you take any stake or bullet for me from now on!” Sungyeol replied decidedly, making Myungsoo to gaze in his fire filled eyes, seriously, and Sungyeol gazed back with equal seriousness.

 

The eye gazing competition came to an end with Myungsoo heaving a long suffering sigh, “We don’t have any other option.”

 

“We do!” Sungyeol said, making Myungsoo to raise a brow at the younger before Sungyeol ed his nearly finished drawing under his mate’s nose. “I found something in the book today, and I believe it could be related to the Jinxed Vampire’s cure, but obviously I can’t be sure. I went to talk to Dongwoo Hyung and he asked me to write down all the important parts from the book so that he can take a look. If we wait a little, I am confident we will find all the right answers, Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo kept mum as he took the paper out of Sungyeol’s hand and gave it a once over.

 

“I don’t know what that symbol means but-”

 

“It’s a symbol from Witchcraft,” Myungsoo exhaled in surprise, cutting off Sungyeol’s sentence.

 

“Yeah… I think this book is written by a Witch.” Sungyeol supplied, looking closely at Myungsoo’s distant expressions. “Do you recognize the symbol?”

 

“Yeah… it’s a symbol for wolf. The inverted diamond represents power and the circle shows how a wolf is enclosed within a human body.” Myungsoo sotto voce, with his eyes still fixed on the symbol. “Are you sure it’s the right page you are reading?”

 

“Yeah I think so,” Sungyeol mumbled, scratching his head in confusion. “But this is the last drawing… you haven’t seen the earlier ones yet.”

 

Sungyeol bent down to retrieve the already filled pages with different symbols and words as well but before he could do that he heard voices that made Sungyeol and Myungsoo to look toward the forest, just to see Minseok, Ryeowook and Yesung walking toward the Mansion. As soon as they noticed Myungsoo they were standing in front of the said Vampire in next second.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” “Jerk, you survived?” “Does anything affect that thick skin of yours?”

 

Where Sungyeol gapped at almost rude inquiry his mate’s friend threw their way there Myungsoo’s booming laugh could be heard echoing in the silent forest. “Yeah, I am glad to see you guys too.”

 

“But you seriously gave us a scare last night,” Ryeowook complained in his sassy way.

 

“If the stake was an inch lower then it could have pierced your heart… and Lord only knows what could have happened.” Minseok threw in his two scents while folding his arm on his chest, giving a glare to his sniggering friend.

 

“I am sure nothing would have happened anyways,” Myungsoo shrugged, getting on his feet and dusting his pants before helping Sungyeol up as well.

 

“Yeah but let’s not be so curious and try to find out that, okay?” Yesung suggested while rolling his eyes at their adventurous Prince… because knowing Myungsoo he could order anyone to run a wolfsbane-coated stake straight through his heart just to see if it would kill him or not, just like the time he took some wolfsbane to see what would happen.

 

“Fine by me,” Myungsoo said, amusedly. “So what are you three up to? Today isn’t your day to run the patrol.”

 

“After last night, the security had been tightened,” Minseok enlightened the Prince. “And we are just on our way for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter