.Chapter 9.

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol tried to walk as soundlessly as he could, wincing at any ‘creak’ he would hear even after being so cautious. Carefully and somewhat blindly he made his way down the thin corridor; Myungsoo’s bedroom door had opened in. Out of curiosity the young werewolf had opened the door on the opposite side of Myungsoo’s room and it had turned out to be just another grand bedroom with must brighter colors as compare to his mate’s room.

 

Sungyeol did remember Myungsoo saying something along the line, ‘Take some rest before my parents come back from their hunt.’ So Sungyeol concluded that Myungsoo’s parents were not back just yet since the room, he had peeked in, was empty of its inhabitant.

 

Hesitantly, he opened the door at the end of the corridor and gapped as he entered a luxurious and extravagantly decorated sitting/study room of a sort… where its one side was filled with ancient looking books and journal, there on the opposite side one could see rows and rows of fine and carefully crafted bottles of wine. Even if the only source of light were the few torches burning in every corner of the big room, Sungyeol could easily see everything… and unfortunately he could smell that Vampire stench as well.

 

Sungyeol gulped slowly as he took in all that lavish furniture surrounding him before he noticed that there were three doors leading out of this common room, excluding the one he just came out from. Breathing a deep sigh he tried to open the one on extreme right side, but one tugged at the door knob and he found it locked.

 

Looking at the other two he played a mental game of ‘Eeny Meeny Miny Mo’ and went for the door on extreme left side of the room. That too opened into a long corridor but seeing a door stood ajar, letting some light to enter, on the other end of the corridor Sungyeol slowly moved toward it with a hopeful heart… hoping to find a way out of here.

 

“So this was your smart plan?” A loud and unfamiliar voice made Sungyeol stop in his track and look at the ajar door, with alarm but soon he realized that the person talking was not per se talking to him. “I thought you have been training the boys to attack the Lee Clan and take back what is ours… and now you tell me you just kidnapped the Lee Clan’s Alpha-to-be and have our whole Clan on high alert IF Lee Clan attacked on us… once again, I might add. Does that even make sense?”

 

“I think it makes pretty good sense,” Sungyeol face palmed himself once he heard Myungsoo’s mirth filled voice replying the angry one. He could actually imagine the whole scenario with Myungsoo smirking amusingly with a livid Vampire sneering down at him, ready to kill his mate.

 

“Do you realize how worried his parents must be! We as a parent can understand this but all you ever do is act on impulse.” The angry voice shouted once again.

 

Worried for his mate Sungyeol tip toed toward the slightly opened door but before he could even open it half way through, he gagged at the heightened stench of Vampires. In the previous room he had only detected a few scents but in here he couldn’t even distinguished the number of scents making their way in his sensitive nostrils. But one peek in the room and a frown touched Sungyeol’s fair features since he thought he had entered a conference room what with a twenty feet long table occupying the large room surrounded by at least 300 chairs… but a deeper inspections showed it to be a dining room, since his sharp eyes could make out a small kitchenette on the other side of the long room… but why would a Vampire mansion even have a kitchen? Didn’t they drink blood?

 

But before he could prod any more at this silly worry he felt his head spinning because of that over whelming stench and the wolf in him crawl at him to take charge on his enemy. Despite himself, a threatening growl tore out of him, freezing the already present company in the conference room.

 

“M-Myungsoo…” Sungyeol whispered as he tightly gripped the edges of the door frame, desperately trying to keep his wolf in check.

 

“Sungyeol!” The pale boy exclaimed in worry and in a flash he had his arms around his wildly panting mate.

 

“M-myung… the… s-scent…” The struggling wolf whimpered pathetically with his jaws clutched tightly, as he felt his eyes turning in the back of his head.

 

“OH!” Another exclamation was heard from the pale boy and next thing Sungyeol know is; the intensity of the disgusting scent had been lowered to its minimum level, making breathing easier.

 

“How did you do that?” Sungyeol breathed out in awe.

 

All Myungsoo was able to do was crock a brow smugly before another voice spoke up.

 

“Because your mate is a voodoo master.”

 

Sungyeol quickly turned toward the voice and his eyes fell on a small eye and pale Vampire- who was currently glaring at Myungsoo while shielding another Vampire, who had a gleeful expression on his face and was staring at Sungyeol with star eyes, behind himself.

 

“Oh my Lord! He is really here,” The Vampire with stars in his eyes, who had started to creep Sungyeol out a little no matter how happy and kind looking he was, muttered as he took a couple of cautious steps toward the young wolf, who unintentionally flinched and burrowed toward his mate to seek some protection from the unknown Vampire.

 

“You don’t need to be scared of him,” The glaring Vampire- who, quite fortunately, was not glaring at Sungyeol at least- spoke in a rather calm voice before he turned to give a stink eye to Myungsoo. “The only one who can actually cause you harm is the one you are holding on to… I mean your kidnapper.”

 

Even though Sungyeol had pick upon the playful tone the Vampire had used but just then Sungyeol realized that he indeed had his arms on Myungsoo’s shoulders, while the pale boy had his arms loosely s around his waist… flushing deeply Sungyeol quickly took a step back and mentally cursed himself.

 

“Mom, your husband is trying to wreck my relationship with my mate,” Suddenly Myungsoo complained cheekily while Sungyeol could just look at him with hinge jaws since, that was the first time he had seen his mate act so cute like a child. But disregarding his shocked expressions Myungsoo just reached out to tug at his wrist and dragged him at the head of long table where the other two Vampires were standing as well.

 

“Kim Myungsoo! How many times do I have to say… DON’T CALL ME A MOM!” The originally calm and kind looking Vampire shouted, making Sungyeol to flinch, Myungsoo to beam widely and the Vampire standing beside him to roll his eyes.

 

“Sit and don’t mind my dad,” Myungsoo said as he forced Sungyeol to take a seat at the long table.

 

“Dad? Oh! So you are Que- I mean, KING Woohyun,” Sungyeol said as he put the pieces of puzzle together since his mate didn’t looked like he was in any mood to do the basic ethics of introduction.

 

While the kind looking Vampire nodded enthusiastically, the one beside him just roll his eyes in exaggerated manner before leaning a hand toward Sungyeol, “And I… quite unfortunately… am the father of your lazy mate, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

Sungyeol smiled widely at the King of Kim Clan before shaking his hand and stood up to give a polite bow to his mate’s parents.

 

“Are you sure he is your mate? He is too kind and polite.” The King Sunggyu said to his son making Myungsoo to smirk.

 

“Dad is too kind too… how come you guys are mate?” The retort from Myungsoo just earned him a sharp slap from Woohyun but he just laughed it off before turning to caress his mate’s cheek affectionately. “You must be hungry, take a seat while I make something for you.”

 

Sungyeol stared at his mate wide eye… because seriously what was wrong with this guy? Why was he being so… umm… romantic?

 

“Umm… y-you can cook?” Sungyeol inquired in suspicion, because according to his knowledge all Vampires love drinking blood, right?

 

“Myungsoo is a werewolf as well, so naturally he enjoys both kind of… umm… diets.” The subtlety of Woohyun’s words was not lost on Sungyeol but he just nodded in daze.

 

An awkward silence fell upon the trio while Myungsoo was heard humming as he worked on preparing the said food. Whenever Sungyeol would look up at the legendary Vampires sitting before him… either he would gain an encouraging smile from Woohyun or a serious scowl from Sunggyu, making poor young wolf to gulp every now and then.

 

“You like steak, right?” Myungsoo sudden question made Sungyeol to snap his neck toward the Vampire and nod quickly, earning a bright dimple touched smile from the later.

 

“But… but Myungsoo?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It had been one whole day… my mom would be so worried about me.” Sungyeol muttered with sad expression covering his face and he nearly felt like crying thinking about his poor mother. “Please, let me go home…”

 

“Exactly what I was saying earlier, but does he ever listen to anyone? NO!” Sunggyu said dejectedly, making Sungyeol to pout because all he heard from his mate was a long suffering sigh and that somehow made Myungsoo’s father’s words seem true.

 

Myungsoo slowly turned toward Sungyeol before muttering, “You are home, Sungyeollie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter