.Chapter 20.

The Jinxed Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You are dumb wit and you don’t understand a thing! Sungyeol desperately tried telling himself. What you read could mean anything… you just misunderstood it. It doesn’t say what you are thinking. Everything would be alright!

 

Sungyeol heaved a small sigh, knowing he couldn’t fool himself no matter what. He might not be the smartest person alive but he knew what those words meant… and there were just few options that fulfilled that slot and unfortunately-

 

“Sungyeol, are you alright? You seem a little distracted.”

 

Sungyeol’s momentarily closed eyes snapped open just to land on a concerned looking Dongwoo peering upon him, making Sungyeol to shift under those intelligent eyes before moving to look at Kyuhyun and Myungsoo’s questioning gazes.

 

They were once again back in same meditating position as last day. Sungyeol held up the bitter bile that rose in his throat, knowing Myungsoo was doing everything just for him… just so they could be together… so what would happen when he learns what the next step would be?? Would he back out? Would he be angry at him? Or would he… go for it? There were many woulds but Sungyeol wasn’t sure if he was ready to hear the answer of them.

 

But even with his own insecurities the question remained… should he tell Myungsoo yet or wait for him to be able to transform first? The very question that kept him awake for most of the last night.

 

“I… I am a little tired. I couldn’t sleep well last night,” Sungyeol mumbled, faking a yawn, earning a snigger from Myungsoo and Kyuhyun but Dongwoo gave him his special X-ray gaze and Sungyeol was determined to not look him directly in the eye.

 

“Okay…” Dongwoo nodded slowly, keeping that suspicious frown on his face. “Ah, Sungyeol, what about that ritual? Didn’t you copy last two pages for me?”

 

Sungyeol choked on the mere air at Dongwoo’s words with his eyes skipping here and there for some time before he was able to control his expressions.

 

“Ahh… no… Dongwoo Hyung, I-I was exhausted last night… umm… I couldn’t read yet. I will do it later today.” Sungyeol promised with his voice decreasing with each second and his eyes stuck on the ground.

 

“If you were so exhausted then why couldn’t you sleep?” Kyuhyun scoffed, and Sungyeol mentally killed him a couple of time for having a good point but thanked all the gods out there when Myungsoo let out a small surprised ‘OH’ with his cheek going from pink to red as he too looked away. “Ohhh, don’t tell me!” Kyuhyun shouted gleefully pointing from one embarrass looking face to other. “Did you two tried doing something naughty last night and ended up gaining a massive failure out of it?”

 

“Shut Up!” Sungyeol growled at his laughing friend but internally he was grateful for how his distracted state had been labelled like that… even though it was embarrassing but seeing how Dongwoo was chuckling as well thus he knew the elder had bought that excuse easily.

 

“ wolves,” Dongwoo commented while shaking his head at the young mates before he gave a loud clap of his hand. “Okay come on… back to meditation.”

 

Glad for the change of the subject, Sungyeol quickly closed his eyes and tried to relax his mind in ordered to connect with his wolf. He felt the tension and worry that surrounded his wolf, he reached out to comfort him… mentally telling him not to worry, that maybe he is the one who doesn’t understand the correct procedure for the ritual… that everything would be alright.

 

His inner wolf whined at him… silently telling him not to take him as a fool. Shocked and heart broken, Sungyeol’s eyes snapped open and he rapidly tried to blink his eyes to get rid of the moisture that was gathering at the corner of his eyes before his eyes seek his mate’s face. Myungsoo’s eyes were closed- just like the other two wolves- and he seemed to be concentrating hard. Feeling compelled Sungyeol’s slowly raised his hand to touch away the small V between Myungsoo’s eyebrows… but stopped it just a few inches away from the flawless face before reeling his hand back.

 

Just then Myungsoo’s eyes snapped opened, looking directly in Sungyeol’s eyes before he flashed his sweet dimple smile and Sungyeol couldn’t help but smile back.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“I am really proud of you, Myungsoo.” Dongwoo exclaimed one evening, clapping a widely beaming Myungsoo’s back a couple of times. “Just being able to connect to your inner wolf in a mere week is a huge accomplishment.”

 

Myungsoo shook his head slightly, with a bashful smile on his face. “I already told you… I always felt pretty connect with my wolf. And besides, Sungyeol was right, you really are a great mentor.”

 

“That I am,” Dongwoo bragged with a laugh. “But you still are my favorite student since you learned so fast.”

 

“Don’t take him seriously, he say that to all of his students.” Kyuhyun whispered from behind the duos who were gushing over each other none stop for last few minutes now since Myungsoo’s inner wolf’s purr had been heard quite loud and clear after just a week of lessons. “Right, Sungyeol?”

 

Sungyeol who had been busy being proud at his mate, with his eyes fixed on Myungsoo’s beautiful face, jolted at the mention of his name and quickly nodded at Kyuhyun… not even knowing what his friend had asked him.

 

“If we keep going with that pace… I wouldn’t be surprise if you were able to transform soon enough.” Dongwoo told Myungsoo. “The hardest step is the connection with your inner wolf and once that has developed, it’s easier to nudge your wolf to do as you please.”

 

“I like the sound of that,” Myungsoo nodded. “The sooner I can break the curse, the better it would be.”

 

“Well, that means you need to stop slacking off Sungyeol.” Suddenly Kyuhyun said, turning toward the confused looking Sungyeol. “With this speed, Myungsoo can most probably transform before the next Full Moon and you still haven’t read the last two pages of that book, right?”

 

Sungyeol’s gapped dumbly at his friend, rattling his brain to come up with some good excuse. “Well… yeah, I g-guess…”

 

“Yeah, Sungyeol… I kept waiting but you didn’t give me the rest of the pages. Haven’t you copied them yet?” Now, Dongwoo directly asked him making Sungyeol to sweat bullets.

 

“Oh yeah Dongwoo Hyung,” Sungyeol started in a voice louder than necessary as he face palmed himself. “You see, I forgot to tell. I have already read it and I think I can decode it on my own. It doesn’t seem that hard.”

 

“Are you sure?” Dongwoo asked, looking slightly suspicious but Sungyeol nodded his head a little more enthusiastically than needed.

 

“Yeah Hyung… you already have a lot on your hands. Please keep your whole concentration on Myungsoo at the moment.”

 

“Yeah but I am sure if you give it to Sir Dongwoo then he would understand it faster than you,” Kyuhyun casually put his own thoughts in.

 

“I said I would do it myself,” Sungyeol replied firmly, gaining a frown from Kyuhyun. “I mean… I believe I have already understood half of it.”

 

Sungyeol had already come to the terms that he wouldn’t tell anyone about his discover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter