Reminiscence

A New Beginning

Andy didn’t have a lot of classes that day, he wanted to meet junjin again but he was a little tired; he decided to go home.

Arrived home his mom was surprised to see him

“Son, you’re back early, was there any problem?”

“No mom, we are free. Is dad at work?”Said Andy

“Yes he is. He called to say that he’ll be back late. Are you hungry?”

“Oh I see. Not really, I’ll go to my room for now”

After saying that Andy took a glass of water and headed to his room; he opened the door and sat on the bed. He was quite happy with his first day: he met a funny guy but they didn’t talk that much.

 

Andy hates schools, actually he never liked them, not even once and that was because he was bullied all the time.

In primary school his classmates used to make fun of him saying he looked like a girl. Actually it’s true, Andy was a real beauty: he was small, cute, his voice was thin, his skin was as white as porcelain, his small face ....even girls were jealous of him.

 

In middle school, his life was not easy either: he was cute back then too and a lot of students envied him but others were so jealous of him that they almost hit him......if it wasn’t for that friend that saved him.

                                                                          (FLASHBACK)

It was Monday, Andy opened his locker and as usual he found tons of rubbish there, a tissue painted in red, his wet sports shoes, letters of hatred....Andy took his books and shut the door thinking that “people were crazy”

Arrived at his classroom, Andy sat down ignoring all the glares coming at him

“Hey look at that chick *laugh”

“Should we check if he’s really a guy? “

Andy continued ignoring all their whispers, he was bearing it thinking that it’s nothing, and that only two years were left now, but shouldn’t he enjoy his youth like all the others? Shouldn’t he try to make friends like the others?.

Sometime later the teacher came to the classroom and everybody took their places.

Andy was concentrating on the lesson when he suddenly received a flying-paper; he opened it and read “meet ya at the court’yard at lunch break girly”

Andy looked around him but he couldn’t find the sender as everyone looked suspicious.

After all the morning classes were done, Andy got up and went to the courtyard to at least know who wrote that note. He noticed that the “courtyard” looked like a desert and that five people were waiting there.

“Oh looks like our girly is here guys!”

“Why did you call me?” said andy almost trembling

“oh nathin’ jus’ missed ya hihi”

Andy was scared, the boys looked suspicious and the guy’s way of speaking was pissing andy off, he tried to back off but he found himself cornered.

“WH...What do you want” said Andy

“Actually we were curious about you “

“ya don’ talk in ma place!”

“sorry boss...”

Andy was just watching while two stupid idiots were fighting, for him, all that mattered was a way to get out of that mess. Suddenly one of them moved and tried to rip Andy’s clothes, Andy was shocked, he tried to stop the guy but that idiot was too much for Andy to handle.

“wh...What are you doing!! Are you crazy!!? Let me go!!”

Andy tried to put some reason in their brains but nothing could stop them.

“We jus’ wanna know if you’re a chick or nat’ so jus’ relax man!”

“What the STOP KIDDING ME!! “

As the guy was going to rip all of Andy’s clothes, a guy came from nowhere and punched all of them, he looked then at Andy and saw him almost terrified.

“Are you alright? It’s ok I won’t do anything to you, I’m Eric .....”

Andy wanted to cry, he thought of a lot of things in his mind...”what if those guys did something to him..., if it wasn’t Eric he would be....right now...”

Andy lost control of his feet and fell down; Eric was worried, he kneeled down and tried to calm Andy. After some time Andy finally calmed down a little, he thanked Eric and introduced himself.

“Did you....does this kind of situation happen to you all the time?” asked Eric

“y...yeah well not exactly.....i was bullied but ....I never...”

“ i see...why didn’t you call your friends , you should’ve known it was dangerous to come here alone!”

“....that is...I’m new here so...I don’t have friends either...”

“Woah really? Mmm then starting today I’m your friend ok?”

Andy never heard that sentence before, nor did he receive a hand like that.....he looked at Eric’s face and somehow his hand moved and touched Eric’s......now Andy had a friend.

                                                                                 (END OF FLASHBACK)

 

Andy felt emotional reckoning all those things, but unfortunately he no longer knows where Eric was right now...just one year after they met he moved and they lost contact with each other....deep inside his heart...Andy wished everyday to meet him again so that they could catch up to the past.