we came a long way

A New Beginning

Andy grabbed Junjin’s arm and rushed him in another direction; Andy was sure that the person he saw at the hotel’s front door was the person he knew, hated, and never wanted to meet again. Junjin was startled and confused as to why Andy was going in the opposite direction; he tried to stop but Andy was grabbing his hand so hard that Junjin’s efforts were vain, he just went along to see what was going on exactly. After walking like crazy the two stopped.

J: Andy! Why did you bring us to the garden?

A:*looks around* ah sorry I just wanted to get some fresh air so...

J: *stare* what’s going on exactly

A: w-what do you mean-

J: ah come on I know you! Did you see something or may be someone?

A: ........it was long ago, his family had financial problems and every time...he forced me to give him money; he was hitting me when he felt bad and I had to lie to my family about the money I asked them every time...

J: ........who is he?

A: I-it’s ok! J-just forget all this, come let’s go

      As he grabbed his hand, Junjin looked at andy with a really serious face and insisted that he tells him the guy’s name; andy knew that Junjin wouldn’t give up until he knew so he hadn’t another choice other than to tell him; andy mentioned the name “Byeong” and that name rang a bell in Junjin’s head; he looked at andy furiously as if he had a murder intent; he grabbed Andy’s hand and told him that they should go to the meeting.  Arrived late at the meeting, they got yelled at by the teacher, Andy apologised but Junjin didn’t give a damn about it; his mind seemed so far away, he was spacing out all day and Andy worried as he ignored the reason of Junjin’s weird behaviour. During the first day of the trip the coach took them to the courtyard and made them do some exercise; they were all working hard and their focus was only on what the coach was asking them to do, all except Junjin. Suddenly three guys came in to the courtyard; the coach went to talk to them and they told him that they were students from another school and that they would like to pass some time with them; the coach agreed as he didn’t see a problem and he asked them to join them. The three guys moved closer to the other students and Jindy met their eyes.

Guy: you-aren’t you Choongjae?

J: *glare* long time no see jerk

Guy: oh it’s really him! You-you’re still alive as I see!

       Junjin looked at Andy then at the three guys; he clenched his fists and asked the teacher for a leave.  Andy went with Junjin still confused; the guys didn’t recognise him but they recognised Junjin? No it was Choongjae! How did they know Junjin’s real name?

           The two entered their room and Andy was sitting confusedly;

J: Andy those were the guys who bullied you?

A: ah actually only one of them but hyung-

J: let me talk for now; some years ago, before I knew everyone, I was in a gang, because of some problems at home I hung out with some guys around, I learnt how to fight and surprisingly I was the best out of them; I fought all the time especially when I was in a bad mood and one day I met that Byeong guy; we fought together various times and every time I won him over so andy, if you’re ok with me I have an idea in order to protect you from them.

A: ...........hyung I-I’m sorry it’s....it’s ok! Don’t worry about me I...I don’t want to be a burden to you so

J: idiot! Just do what I say.

                                                                                       ******************************

M: Hyesung-ah I think you’re hiding something from us

H: ......it’s.....

M: Eric was really furious and he said you were lying about that last question, the dating thing right? It’s ok you know!  We don’t mind you having a girlfriend we’ll be happy for you and we’ll meet her and talk all together you don’t have to lie!

H: ..............you’re all wrong minwoo....it’s not that easy and I’m at fault here....

M: what do you mean I’m wrong, I mean it’s about dating isn’t it?

H: *sigh* I will tell you everything just promise me not to hate eric for that, it was my idea in the beginning.

M: what are you talki-

H: we’re dating

M: we? Who?

H: eric and me, we’ve been dating for five years now and we haven’t told anyone because I was ashamed of us; eric was always bothered by it and wanted to tell you the truth but every time I stopped him; I-I really regret what I did, I should’ve told you everything because I was really happy with him...he is by far the sweetest guy I ever met, he was always there for me and he could understand me without even hearing a word from me and unlike all the people I knew and met he is the most honest one, instead of smiling hypocritically and apologising for not being able to help me eric only hugged me once and I felt as if all my problems flew away; with him I didn’t have to pretend and....minwoo I’m sorry for hiding all this from you all, it was  a really stupid act from me and....I really love eric and I can’t imagine myself after breaking up with him so...I beg you please accept us....

            As he finished his words, Hyesung was looking at minwoo who seemed to have lost his soul completely until they heard a sound coming from the door; both Hyesung and minwoo looked back and they were shocked to see eric and Dongwan both standing at the door.

H: y-you for how long have you been.....

          After more than 10 minutes of silence, Dongwan opened his mouth to say the first word.

D: so.....was all this true? Eric?

E: .....Hyesung-ah you....did you mean what you said?

H: *blush* I didn’t know you would be there....

D: woah this is reall-

M: you’re the worst! How could you hide something like this from us! I thought we were friends! Or you didn’t trust us!?

H: minwoo I’m sorry I just... I thought you would find this disgusting and that you’d want to break ties with us.....

M: are you an idiot!? Why would I find my best friends disgusting because of this! What I find disgusting is the fact that you didn’t even bother to tell us this! Do you know how worried we were? To see you two fight like that and not being able to do anything is a living hell! But you just went and did whatever you liked; if it’s like that why bother be friends!

           Minwoo took his bag and left hurt and angry; of course he didn’t mind his friends being gay, he might’ve been the same without knowing it too, but what was bothering him is the lack of trust between them; they’ve known one another for a long time now and that kind of thing....

D: minwoo-ah wait up!

M: .......are you hiding something too?

D: idiot! Yes I am, I’ve been in love with you for over 5 years too

M: *shock* y-you-

D: aish I’m kidding!!!! There’s no way in hell I’d fall for a guy , even if I did you’d be the last one so let’s calm down ok? I think it was brave for Hyesung to say that now because just try to be in his shoes! He must’ve been afraid of our rejection

M: but why would we reject him! As long as they’re both happy....are you against it?

D: no I’m not, I think the same way as you, as long as they’re both happy that’s the most important thing; it will be awkward from now on of course but we’ll get over it won’t we?

      After hearing what Dongwan was thinking, minwoo calmed down a little, and he was right, Hyesung must’ve had a hard time telling them that.

       The next day, the four of them couldn’t look one another in the eyes; Eric seeing the situation texted them and asked them to meet at the rooftop during lunch break. They were all there, Hyesung standing alone, Eric standing alone, woodong together;

E: I’m sorry guys it’s my fault all this

H: n-no it’s my entire fault *looks at Eric*

M: aisshh SHUT UP!! It’s your fault both of you!!!

D: *laugh* minwoo-ssi calm down;  so? Who confessed first?

E/H: *blush* he/I did

D: woahh hyesungie did!!?

M: hmpf like I care

D: he’s just kidding we’re ok with you being together it’s just that from now on you should tell us everything; friends don’t keep secrets from one another ok?

H: yes you’re right we apologise again.....minwoo I’m sorry...

M: .....forget it

D: great, now it’s settled down right, so hmmm did you guys do it already?

E: yaa!!! Do you want to die!?

D: what why! It’s normal!

         The rooftop was so lively with Eric chasing after the erted Dongwan, minwoo laughing like a kid and Hyesung who was blushing so hard. They felt all so relieved after solving that matter...now all left was to tell jindy about it.....