Still the same

A New Beginning

        After having a good talk reminiscing all the old times, Andy and Eric came out of their room, a big smile on their faces, and joined the other who were all gathered in the living room. Eric sat down, looked around and noticed that one person was missing.

E: where’s Hyesungie?

        As he finished his question, the door opened and Hyesung came in.

E: Hyesungie? Did you go out?

H: *glares at Eric* yes I needed some fresh air.

     Not only Eric but all the others were surprised at Hyesung’s sudden change of mood, usually he’s a very calm and cheerful person but today he sure looked strange. Hyesung went to his baby bird and sat beside him, he calmed down after some time and all six enjoyed their meal cooked by Andy of course. It was already getting late and the six friends had to separate for today; Andy really felt like they were doing that for so long. After all of them went their separate ways, Hyesung stayed behind.

E: Hyesungie? Did you forget something?

H: yes I did, follow me.

    Hyesung rushed into the house with Eric following confusedly behind him; Hyesung asked Eric to sit down on the couch and stood there glaring at him.

H: so? You don’t have anything to tell me?

E:.......are you ok?

H: YA!!! You were cheating on me and you dare make fun of it?!!

E: huuuh! Cheating?!When did I!

H: I heard and saw EVERYTHING you said to Andy!!

E:........

    Eric recalled the words he said to Andy “I came back for you”, he looked at Hyesung and burst in laughter.

H: ya!!! Do you want to die?

E: hyesungiiiiee so cute you were jealous because of that?

H: j..jealous? m..m..me? Who are you kidding!

        As Hyesung was blushing like a tomato, Eric grabbed his hand and Hyesung landed on his laps. Hyesung, as always, tried his best to free himself from Eric but he couldn’t do that.

H: y...ya! Let go of me!! What if someone comes back!

E: then what? Where’s the problem.

H: are you crazy! They’ll know that...

E: that we’re going out for almost 4 years?

H: ya don’t say it so loud! Somebody might hear us!

      Eric let go of Hyesung and got up, he had the same expression on his face, the one Hyesung made him make every time he pronounced those same words” they’ll hear us, they’ll see us...”; actually, he grew sick of that situation, was he that ashamed to be with him? Also, the words “I love you, I like you” were never uttered from Hyesung’s mouth, does that mean he’s just fooling around with Eric’s feelings?

H: ......Eric...

E: Hyesung-ah it’s getting late I think it’d be better to go home now, thank you for coming...

H:........                                                                                                                                                       

******FLASHBACK*******

“Eric! Come back here! You’ll fall down and hurt yourself!!”

E: I won’t mommm!! I’ll just play for a while!

     Eric was only 7 years old, he was running towards the park despite the fact that his mother forbid him to do so, he was laughing with his soccer ball in his hands but suddenly he stopped at the front gate; it was like he saw his super hero beside him, he was stunned and didn’t make a move; his mom was just behind him, she grabbed his hand and was going to scold him when she saw a couple and two kids in front of her. She backed away and responded to the people’s greetings and asked who they were. The man who looked like the father spoke first:

“Hello we’re the Jung family and we’re moving to the second floor today, pleased to meet you!”

    Eric’s mom welcomed them and introduced herself as the Mun family and said that they were going to be neighbours as they were living in the first floor. She turned around to ask Eric to introduce himself and she noticed that he was going in the little kid’s direction.

E: what’s your name?

    The little kid hid behind his mother’s back each time Eric went closer to him; the mother asked the little kid to answer and the kid did; he said “...Pilkyo..”

E: oh that’s a weird name for a girl...

The woman: oh they’re both boys *chuckle*

Eric’s mom: oh I’m sorry he confused them. Eric!

E: a boy? Well he’s cute so it’s ok.

     That was how the two little boys met, from that day on they spent all their times playing together; Pilkyo was really shy and Eric always made fun of him, most of the time he bullied him because of his name.

E: your name is weird

P: it is not!

E: it is it is.....mmmm I know! I’ll give you another name

P: .....which one?

E: Hyesung

P: Hyesung?

E: yes it means a comet right? I’ll call you that so that one day we’ll both fly to the moon!

P: oh really? Then I like it.

      That’s how pilkyo became Hyesung, too; those two became really attached to each other, they went to the same schools, they hung up together all the time, thanks to them the Mun and the Jung families became one. During middle school, eric, while looking for Hyesung, saw him with a girl; eric was really shocked, usually only boys went to him and confessed to Hyesung but they eventually ended up beaten by eric; that time eric watched closely from a far distance, he saw the girl handing a letter to Hyesung, he knew it was a love confession and in his head he was already cursing at the girl. Eric remembered the time when he said to his mom that he would marry Hyesung, his mother was laughing and told him yes thinking that he was still a little kid and that he wasn’t fully aware of things but eric was really serious. After the girl went away, Eric went and joined Hyesung.

E: Hyesungie found you!

H: oh Eric-ah you’re....here...

E: mmmm who was that?

H: ah ....nobody...

     As he said those words Hyesung went away, leaving Eric confused behind. Eric was going to follow him but he felt that it was better to leave him be. That day, in the evening, the two came back separately, a thing which never happened before. Eric waited patiently in his room but he got up some time later and went to Hyesung’s room; he went on the ladder linking the two boys’ rooms and found him on his computer.

H: y...ya!!! You scared me!!

E: what are you talking about!  I come from here every day!*looking at the pc* what are you doing?

H: *shuts the pc* n...nothing!

   That was a first....Hyesung never hid anything from Eric and that really made him curious; he tried all his might and finally got hold of Hyesung’s laptop....but the content really shocked him...

                                                                                                                           -TO BE CONTINUED-

                                                                                     *************************