A Meal Together

A New Beginning

    Andy froze in front of Junjin’s friends, it’s like he saw a ghost.

“Eric...?!”

The five people turned around at Andy, the stranger just called one of their names...Eric, but were they acquainted? Or was it a pure coincidence. Eric turned at Andy, he looked at him for some time and then he called his name too.

“Andy? Is that you!?”

For now it was sure, they did know each other. The four people were still confused, especially Junjin; he thought that andy was new here and he knew eric for four years now but never heard anything about “andy”. He looked at Eric, then at Andy, waiting patiently for an explanation. After a long staring between the 6 guys, one of them offered that they sit down and clear things and that was what they did. Junjin started by introducing everyone, saying that “andy” was his new friend, he met him not long ago, and he introduced his friends “eric, minwoo, Dongwan and Hyesung” to Andy, after greeting one another, andy and eric started looking at each other again.

A: Eric...

E: Andy I can’t believe that we meet again!

A: yes me neither but...where were you!!

E: well a lot of things happened; we’ll talk about everything soon, now that we met again.

A: yes I have a lot to tell you too, I really missed you

E: oh believe me I did too but I couldn’t contact you because my phone fell in the toilet

A: *laugh* I see that you’re still as clumsy as always!

E: Aish...*laugh*

         Sometime later the bell rang and the six boys had to separate, what a shame that was! Andy wanted to talk more with Eric and he didn’t even talk to Junjin’s other friends!  Junjin looked at Andy and saw that he was making a sad face, he then told the guys to meet up later to talk more. They all agreed but there was a little problem....where.

M: the pool club?

H: oh nice yes why not?

D: Andy are you good at pool?

A: ah ......yes I am.

     Andy wasn’t good with pool actually but he didn’t want to make things hard for the other so...he lied.

E: liar that’s the only thing you really at. Let’s just go to my place I live alone after all.

        Andy looked at Eric blushing and wondered how he remembered that about him...it’s been so long; also, what was that about living alone? As he reckoned, Eric always lived with his family....perhaps...did something big happen while they were separated? As always, Andy couldn’t really ask about these things so he just stayed still for now.

    The six boys agreed then to meet at Eric’s house, they were really looking forward to it, the others, except Andy, have already visited Eric, and it was great. Apparently the house was big, too big for one person, he had a bathroom with a big bathtub, at least five large rooms, and a well-equipped kitchen even though he didn’t cook often, and the garden was so great! The first time they went there minwoo asked him if he was dealing with drugs, because anyone would find it hard to believe that a high school student could be that rich....

      Arrived at his classroom, Andy felt weird; come to think of it...nobody has been bullying him lately, was it because he was in this school for quite some time now? He was really curious, did the guys lose interest in bullying him?... not that he hated that feeling anyway, for once he won’t have to deal with them. After some time, the students were informed that the ext teacher was absent for some personal reasons so Andy’s class had one free hour for self study. Andy was really smart, despite the unfamiliar place and faces he follows all the lessons quite well, so he was not worried about his school marks; instead of staying in the classroom and getting bored alone, he decided to go out. He went to the cafeteria, bought some snacks and headed to the rooftop; after sitting quietly, he heard footsteps coming his way, when he looked he saw “the boss”. Andy started to regret what he said about the fact that he could live freely now...for him, troubles were starting again. Andy wanted to ignore him but it wasn’t that easy was it?

Tb (the boss): heh looks like yer alone shorty!wers’ dat body guard of yurs’?

A: just which body guard are you talking about...

Tb:yu naw’ Junjin hyung always protects ya doesn’t he?

A: Junjin...?  (did it look like that...)

Tb: wel’ an’way I’m not gonna bully ya today i’m in a happy mood yu seee’? So see ya ‘round shorty!

A:........why are you doing this...are you that lonely ?

        The guy stopped for a while, somehow Andy’s words rang a bell in his mind, but he just walked away.

        After finishing his snacks, Andy joined his last classes and now he was at the front gate waiting to go to Eric’s house. He was waiting for Junjin to take him there but the man who came to take him wasn’t Junjin.

“Andy?”

A: ah yes...you are...one of Junjin’s friends right?

“Yes I am Minwoo, Junjin told me to take you with me because he had something to do before so...let’s go?”

A: ah yes thank you

        While the two were walking together, things were really awkward; they didn’t say anything and just kept walking. Minwoo hates awkwardness so to break the silence he decided to start the conversation.

M: Andy do you know jinnie for a long time now?

A: ah no...Just for a month...

M: ah I see so you’re new here?

A: ah yes that’s right I transferred so...

M: mmmm no wonder I didn’t see you around, so? Are things going smoothly for you?

A: well yes things are alright...

M: I see...

      The awkwardness took place again. They kept walking until they reached their final destination. Minwoo went in while Andy was still staring at the big house that was in front of his eyes...he walked slowly through the garden with his eyes still looking left and right, and when he stepped in the house he froze...he couldn’t believe that the person he knew years ago was living in this...castle!!  Both Dongwan and Eric were already there; minwoo and Andy sat down after they had greeted one another; they stayed silent for a while waiting for Hyesung and Junjin to arrive.

E: so Andy, we meet again huh

A: ah yes...it’s been so long, I even thought you were dead

E: ya what are you talking about I won’t die that easily*laugh*

A: you still haven’t changed huh *laugh*                                                                                         

     As the two were laughing they turned around and saw both minwoo and Dongwan looking at them strangely but they didn’t say anything and just went to the kitchen to eat something leaving the two old friends catch up to things. Eric and Andy talked about a lot of things, laughed about a lot of things as if the years in which they were separated didn’t exist, they didn’t have any difficulties in talking with each other; well of course it was awkward at first but their friendship was not that of just few months but it was one of several years. Eric liked Andy a lot, he still feels the same despite their separation, he felt really grateful to know that Andy was still considering him as his friend so he unconsciously hugged him; as he did that, the door suddenly opened and both Junjin and Hyesung arrived; Hyesung’s expression changed from laughter to anger as he looked at eric and andy. Eric let go of Andy quickly and got up to greet the two guys. They all sat down and talked a little.

M: ahh I’m hungry!! Guys let’s order!!

D: ya you should eat things prepared at home, outside food can be dangerous!

M: aish but I don’t know how to cook! Will you do it then!?

D:.....

A: ....should I cook...?

All: Andy?

A: ah well I like to cook from time to.....

      Andy stayed silent for a minute.....he shouldn’t have said that...what if Junjin and his friends thought of him as a girl...After all boys are supposed to be good at sports and not at house chores!

M: woah great please make me something delicious!

E: oh that’s great ya! You didn’t tell me about that!

J: oh that’s amazing Andy ya! Go go! Make alot of food!!

D: aish you should help him not ask for things!

      Andy was shocked, those weren’t the reactions he expected, that was really a first for him and that made him really happy. He went to the kitchen and took some ingredients from the fridge, and started cutting and frying...after a while, the boys could smell something really delicious coming from the kitchen; minwoo took Hyesung and they went to put the table while the others just stayed there drooling over the smell. Finally! Dinner was ready; they all sat around and enjoyed every spoon of their meal.

M: woaahh!!! Andy it’s special delicious!!

J: mmm mmmm yes it is.... woaaah I’m jealous!!

E: yaa Andy you’ll make a great wife!!

     As he said that everyone burst in laughter....all except Hyesung, he was glaring so much at andy...andy felt as if a hole was going to be dug in his body...he ignored the reason though. When they finished , it was time to separate, they all thanked andy and told him to come back the next day and cook another great meal, he felt great about that and they left, each in his direction.