Chapter 6

Follow Your Heart -R E W R I T E- COMPLETED

Sunlight began sneaking thru the window as the fiery orbs start making its appearance that morning like always. It’s little cold that morning and Sungyeol feels tired like he always.


Sungyeol woke up and continue his morning route and have a breakfast prepared by his mother. He talking to Sungjong while waiting for Sungyu to arrive and take them to school. 


“Sungyu hyung is late today.” Sungyeol said as he looks time at his watch. Sungjong just shrugged and smile.


Sungyu arrives after a few minute. The two boy immediately greet Sungyu and Sungyu just keep apologies and explained why he late this morning. It turns out that he been talking to Woohyun the whole night and they fall in sleep around 4 am.


Yes, Sungyu and Woohyun have become a lot closer since they found out that Woohyun and Daniel is actually a cousin 3 weeks ago. Woohyun had joined them since Daniel keep sitting with them at lunchtime.


Sungyeol POV


How you today Sungyeol?” Daniel asks as he smiles at me after put his beg down. I turn my head toward him and just smile.


“A little tired. But it’s your fault, how could you keep beating me in that game.” I grinned and smacked his arm. He laughs and I amazed how his eyes become small, almost disappear when he smiles.


“I told you, you can’t beat me in this game.” He smirks. “It took your whole life to beat me, Sungyeol.” He added and wiggles his eyebrow.


“Pft! Just you wait and see Danny boy.” I tease as I know he hates that nickname given by Woohyun. Daniel snorts and smacks my head softly with his history book.


I want to throw a one or two ‘insulted’ word toward Daniel when I hear someone look at me with a glare. I turn toward the direction and saw Myungsoo throw a scary glare toward me. He then smirks before turn in front back when a teacher comes in.


“What’s was that?” Daniel whisper while pretend to write what teacher wrote on a whiteboard.


“Nothing.” I give him a weak smile.

Daniel doesn’t know my history with Myungsoo and he just thinks that Myungsoo hates me because I’m a nerd and he is the popular kid in our school. But it’s more than that and I can’t ever be told this to anyone besides my two best friends who I my whole life.


And as always-Daniel keep wake me when I almost fall asleep. Why he had to sit beside me. I groan and almost hit my forehead on my desk when I feel a palm cover my head.


“What are you doing Daniel,” I ask Daniel who still look at me.


“You will hurt your head if you keep doing that Sungyeol.” He said while rubbing my forehead. I just let him do it as he hand keeps my forehead warm. It a little cold as winter will be coming soon.


“You hand is so warm,” I whisper while closing my eyes and snuggle a little, searching for a little heat provided by Daniel’s rough hands.


“Are you still coming to my house today, Sungyeol?”


“Yeah. I need your help in mathematics.”


“You’re really something Sungyeol.” Daniel giggles and put his face on his desk and stares at my face. Our face now in front of each other and a little close. I blush and smile.


“What do you mean,” I mumble, still lost in his deep brown eyes.


“I mean your nerd but how could you so bad in mathematics?”


“Hey, the been nerd doesn’t mean I have to know the entire subject. Besides, I hate math.” I glare at Daniel.


“Pointed.” Daniel winks and clicked his tongue. We keep staring at each other when suddenly I jerk up when someone knocks my desk loud enough for my heart beat faster.


“The hell?” I ask randomly.


“Stop been disgusting.” It’s Myungsoo. He spat at out desk and sits down.


“What the hell is your problem dude?” Daniel stands up and he wanted to grab Myungsoo collar when I stop him quickly.


“Daniel, it’s okay, let him go.” I try to calm Daniel down. He let Myungsoo go and sit in his chair back angrily. ‘He looks hot when he angry’ I think.


Wait! What? No…no. Sungyeol please stop. You would get hurt again. I remind myself and sit back after Myungsoo smirk at me. What’s wrong with these guys?
Daniel just keeps quiet the whole class until lunch time. He sits beside me and he only makes a short conversation with Sungyu and Sungjong before he focuses back toward his lunch.


“Daniel? Are you okay? You’re so quiet.” I pouted.


“Yeah.” His short answer doesn’t satisfy me at all. Daniel not quiet person, sure he does not talk active but he also not a quiet person. This is so not Daniel.


“Daniel.” I try again.


He sighs before rub his face. “It’s just, I don’t like the way Myungsoo treat you Sungyeol. He had been too rude and sometimes so… I don’t know how to say it. But I hate it and I feel like I want to punch his face.”


“Daniel… It’s… ok look, Just let him be okay.” I rub his back and smile. Hoping it will calm him a little.


“Yeah, sure.”


After the breaks end, we walk toward our respective class. I walk with Daniel while he talking about the new game he buys yesterday and plans to play it today when I’m going to his house after school.


Daniel is a laid back kind of guy. He tall and has a great physics. I mean he plays some sport so that’s why he body is kind of hot and that is proven when all girls keep staring at him during P.E. He has a nice smile and I’m really curious how soft his black hair in my hands. What! Sungyeol please stop. I shake my head and take a deep breath. What’s wrong with me?


“You okay?”


“Yeah. Why?”


“You keep shaking your head and sigh.” Daniel points out when we stop in front of our glass door. He backs away a little and asks me to go first. I nod and he follows behind me. Sungyeol feel a pang of jealousy when he spots Myungsoo talking to Saera who sit on Myungsoo’s desk.


Myungsoo keep flirting with Saera as Saera keep touching Myungsoo’s arm and he just let it be and sometime, Myungsoo’s hand would touch Saera’s leg.


I keep staring Myungsoo’s head and he turns around when he feels my gaze. He smirks before I rolled my eyes and look at Daniel who drawing sometime in his sketchbook. I lean a little on his side and look at the drawing. He draws a forest this time and it so beautiful. I praise his drawing and he just laughs before concentrate on his work back.


“Lee Sungyeol! Wake up now or you will get detention after this.” Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes at me when I woke up to the sudden calling of my name.


“Sorry, Sir.”


“If you sleep again, you will get detention. Understand?” He asks and I just nod before he continues his teaching. I gaped and turn toward Daniel who trying hard to hide his laugh.


“Yeah! How could you Daniel.” I pout and jab his side.


“Ouch! That’s hard.” He giggled and smiled innocently at me.

Innocent my foot.


“I told you right Yeol. I won’t wake you if you sleep again.” He reminds me, I huff and shove his side and look board back.


I manage to survive a 3 torture class before bell decides to ring and save my life. I pack my stuff while waiting for Daniel. We walk toward his car and he drove to his house. I already told Sungyu that I’m going to Daniel’s house after school. Sungyu just smiles and I still remember that he glad I’m close with Daniel as he wants me to forget about Myungsoo.


I admit since I'm starting hang-up with Daniel, I sometime would forget about Myungsoo as Daniel always know how to entertain me with his humor or joke. He is really a nice friend.