Chapter 7

Follow Your Heart -R E W R I T E- COMPLETED

My alarms barking that means time for me to wake up. I rubbed my eyes and lazily drag my feet to the bathroom. After 15 minutes I come out and wear my uniform. I looked into the mirror for a while before brush my hair and smile at my reflection.


I then make my way to the kitchen. I decide waking up early today because I want to bake a cookie for Myungsoo. It's only 5 am and I begin to make cookie and it only takes 30 minutes to make the make the cookie. Cooking and bake are my specialties since mom teach me how to bake in middle school.


“Wait, cookies not enough for Myungsoo maybe he will be hungry just eat cookies. Hmm, I think I should make fried rice too for him.” I know how silly I am, still making food for Myungsoo even thou I know he doesn’t want anything to do with me anymore. But this is my last chance to make he speak to me again.


I prepared the ingredient and after that, I began to cook the rice and pack it before putting it on paper bags. I pack extra for Daniel in case he wants some. Sungyu hyung and Sung Jong usually bring they own lunch box so I never cook anything for them. While Daniel always buys in our cafeteria.


I’m done around 7 when I heard the horn from outside my house. I write a short note to my mom saying I make extra fried rice and put it in the microwave. I know mom sleep late last night as she busy finish her paperwork.


“Sungyeol I think you should stop making a food for that jerk. He does not appreciate your effort, he throws it away. You just waste your time.” Sungyeol humming a song and pretending like Sungyu not beside him.


“Aishh this boy. You're so stubborn! You know that?”


Sungyeol just keep quiet and the Sungyu also keep quiet. The way to their school they just keep silent until they arrived at the school. Sung Jong not coming today, as Sungyu told me he had a fever. I’m just visiting him after school today then.


The first things Sungyeol do after get out from Sungyu’s car is finding Myungsoo. Sungyeol keep searching for Myungsoo but him not seeing Myungsoo anywhere. Then he saw Myungsoo’s other friend, Hoya.


“Ehh Hoya-shi, good morning.” I greet him. Hoya one of nicest person that treat me without disgusting.


“Ohh Sungyeol- morning- Find someone?” He smiled and bows a little. I bow back and rubbed my neck.


Hoya is Myungsoo and Woohyun best friend and yes he's is gay. He couples with Dongwoo, his dancing partner. But it’s still amazed me how Myungsoo treats Hoya nice without prejudice or judge him for who he is.


“Did you see Myungsoo?”


“Myungsoo? Ohh Myungsoo at that corner.” He pointed out.


Hoya shows the way where Myungsoo been. I saw Myungsoo and say thanks to Hoya. I then walk to Myungsoo slowly. Myungsoo is reading his book on a bench beside the staircase when I stand in front of Myungsoo. I took a deep breath before greet Myungsoo.


“Hai Myungsoo.”


Myungsoo like always gives me annoying loo, but I just ignore the look and smile at him. “Myungsoo today I wake up early just to make you cookies and fried rice. Here, hope you like it.” I hold it out for him to take it.


I then give the food to Myungsoo with bright smiles. Myungsoo looks at the food container with a disgusted face but he still takes it. My smiles grew wider but then I get shocked when Myungsoo throw the food container on the floor and kick it. My tears begin to fall. Myungsoo then pushes me harshly and walk away. Thankfully the hallway still empty as it still early for the student to be there.


“I told you, I don’t want you to come near me right?” Myungsoo says and walk with his shoulder bump into mine and walks away.


I just sit there and wipes my years. Then I feel someone sit beside me and put his hand on my shoulder. I know this scent.


I look up and I was right.

Daniel.

I quickly wipe my tears and look away from him. He then hugs my side and I bury my face on his shoulder. I just stay there for a while before wipes my tears and said thank you to him.


“Sungyeol, what was that?” he asked me with a soft voice.


“Nothing.”


“Just told me the true Sungyeol. It is not the first time I saw Myungsoo do that to you. Why he hates you so much?”


I think for a while before sigh and look up at the school ceiling. “I have to tell you something,” I started and paused for a second.


“You can tell me anything Sungyeol, you’re my friend,” Daniel replied and pats my back and rubs it slowly.

I love it when he does that.


“Yeah- Um, so- actually, Myungsoo and I used to hook up.” I paused and Daniel just stares at me disbelieving. I then told him everything from the start until recently what happened. I stop when I feel a certain finger wipes my tears and Daniel look at me pitifully.


“I’m sorry Sungyeol.” He said and holds my hands.


“What for Daniel and it’s my fault, really. I should just give up on Myungsoo.” I laugheventhou my heart hurt right now.


“You’re strong Sungyeol. Don’t worry, I always been there for you.” He smiled and I look at his dimple. My curiosity took over me and I touch his dimple and giggle.


“What?” he laughs with raising a brow in question.


Yourdimple, it getting deep the more you smile,” I told him and he laughs more loudly and blushes.


I chucked and rubbed my neck. He took a deep breath before continuing. “Sungyeol, whenever you in trouble just let me know okay?”


“I will. I think we should go now as bell will ring soon.” I told him and stand up.


“Oh yeah, I make extra fried rice today for you.”


“Really? Finally, I sick of our school food.” He groans.


“Why didn’t you bring one from home?”


“My mom busy.” We walk side by side toward our class.


“I can always cook for you if you want.” I offer and I saw how he smile grew bigger within a second.


“If it not troubling you,” Daniel exclaimed as he hooks his hands on my shoulder.

At lunch, Daniel and I join Sungyu at our usual table. Sungyu already stuffs his face with his lunch with Woohyun beside him and talk to each other. I give Daniel his launch box and waiting for him to taste it. I’m little excited right now to see his reaction.


“Wow, it delicious Sungyeol.” He said with wide eyes.


“Right,” Sungyu says agreeably. “He indeed good in cooking.”


I just blush and open my own launch box before began eating eat.


“I hope you still making more for me.” Daniel sings, throwing an arm over my shoulder.


I grin cheekily up at him “I don’t know, Daniel. Hmm sounds like you kind of deserve it.”


“I deserve it Yeol. I teach you math.” He jokingly said. I just shook my head and continue grinning at him.


“What are you doing after school Yeol?” Daniel asks.


“I was planning to visit Sung Jong with Sungyu hyung,” I told him and shrugged.


“Hm, can I come too?” Woohyun asks and look at us. Sungyu looks at me and I just nod. Sungyu smiled and said yes to Woohyun.


“You should come, Daniel.” Woohyun says, and he means it.


“Well if I’m not disturbing.”


“You’re not. sung Jong will like it.” I told him. Daniel agrees and said he will come with us after school.


“Hey, Sungyeol let hang out tomorrow, since it weekend,” Daniel suggests and closes the lid as he finished his lunch.


“Sure.” I agree and exchange our plan before walking toward our class together. Woohyun already walk with Sungyu to his class before going on his own.