Chapter 5

Follow Your Heart -R E W R I T E- COMPLETED

I’ve been trying to talk to Myungsoo for the past 2 days, but he keeps ignoring me and recently he keeps hang-up with that Saera girl. One time, I’ve to try to hold his hand, but he snaps at me in front of another student.

I have to stay after class that day, helping Mr.Oh organize equipment store as I’m the one who volunteers to help him. He old already and soon to be retired, when he asked some other student help, they refuse so I volunteer and here I am, helping him. He is our history teacher and he is nice.

“Thank you Sungyeol. You can go now. Be careful out there, it’s already late.” He says after he locks the store. I nod and took my bag and walk off. Not even 3 seconds when I turn around and collide with someone. I fall flat on my and groan.

“Hey, I’m sorry.” The boy, who stands straight says and hold out his hand. I wrap my finger around him and he pulls me up. I mummer small thank you and makes myself presentable. I look up to him and see that he is an inch taller than me.

“Are you okay?” He asks again.

“Yeah. I’m okay.” I answer and avoid his eyes when he keeps looking into my eyes.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” He says and rubs his neck.

“It’s okay. I got to go.” I said and smile.

“Yeah, again, I’m sorry.”

 

That night, after have a nice dinner with mom, I’ve been lock myself in my room. I stare at my mathematics homework in horror. I hate this subject. I groan and hit my forehead into the thick book. After few minute dwelling on my math homework, I give up and close the book with much force before throwing me onto my bed. I’m ready to fall asleep when my phone rang.

I sigh before answer my phone with sleepy voice.

“Hello,” I grumble.

“Yeol.” It’s Sungyu. What did he want?

“Hyung. It’s already late. What did you want?” I didn’t mean to be rude, but doing math homework can make me stress.

“We really need to talk tomorrow.” He says with his strict voice. I gulp when he uses that voice, whenever he used the voice, we can’t ever avoid it. He will force whatever he will be asking out until he got an answer he wants.

“Okay, hyung.” I give up.

“Good night Yeol. See you tomorrow.” He laughs and blows a kiss. I giggle and wish him a good night too.

 

We’re sitting in rooftop when it lunch time for today. I know today Sungyu would ask me what happen this past week.

“Sungyeol, tell hyung, did you have a problem.” Sungyu start as he bites his roll egg.

“No hyung,” I answer and stare at my lunch box.

“Liar. Tell me the true Yeollie. You’ve changed. You become quieter this day and I’m not forgetting how red your eyes that day.” Sungyu put down his own lunch box and face me. Sung Jong also mimicking Sungyu and wait for my answer. I sigh and put down my lunch box. Give my full attention to them.

“Hyung… I…”

“It’s okay Yeollie. Just told us.” Sungjong pat my back and smile at me.

“Remember when are we going to the mall that day?” I ask Sungyu who just nod.

“Well, I follow Myungsoo right,” I ask again.

“Yeah. How about that?”

“Well, when I chase for Myungsoo, he suddenly stops and pushes me into the toilet and he kisses me,” I whisper the last part.

“What?!” Sungyu shriek.

“Well he kisses me and I kiss him back. Since then we will sneak around and kiss each other until one day, we meet at the park at night. When we kissing, we hear this noise and then suddenly a man run from a bush. Myungsoo was panicking and since then he been avoiding me. He said I’m just his temporary fling and he is not gay, like me.” I sobbed and Sungyu pulls me into his embrace.

“Oh Yeol,” Sungjong says and hugs me too.

“He comes around Yeol. He will.” Sungyu tries to calm me.

“What if he doesn’t?” I ask again.

“Then you can move on. There is someone for you outside there Yeol.” Sungyu says to me. He wipes my tears and gives me his sweet smile.

“I guess you’re right.”

“Come let's go, the bell will ring soon.” Sungyu already closes the lid of his lunch box. We follow him behind. Sungjong close the rooftop door and we walk to our own class.

“Excuse me.” Someone tapped my shoulder from behind and I turn around to meet with someone handsome and has a nice smile.

“Yes,” I ask back.

“Oh, it’s you.” He says happily and his smile widely this time.

“Did we meet?” Since when I know this guy? Did we meet somewhere?

“You run into me yesterday, remember.”

“Ah, it’s you. I’m so sorry about yesterday.” I quickly say and bow slightly.

“Hey, it’s okay. Don’t mind it. Oh, by the way, where is class 2-B” he asks and shows his schedule.

“Oh, it’s my class. Come I show you.” I told him and he walks beside me.

“Are you new here?” I ask him as I see him a bit lost.

“Yeah, I just move in from Japan last week.”

“You’re sure late. It’s already after lunch.” I . He smiles and brushes his hair with his long finger. His hair looks smooth.

“Yeah, got a little problem with transferring paper.” He shrugged and laughs. “Oh, I’m Daniel by the way.” He spread his hand to me.

“I’m Sungyeol.” I shake his hands. “We’re here.” I gestured him and he enters the class before stand there awkwardly. Other student stops what they doing and looks at Daniel with amaze, flirty look, jealousy in boy case and confusing.

I walk to my own desk and sit down he still stands there and rubs his neck awkwardly and smile at whoever tried to talk to him. The teacher comes in and other students quickly run toward their desk. Mrs. Kim, our English teacher look at Daniel and smile.

“Oh, you must be the new student. The principal already informs me about you. Can you please introduce yourself?” Mrs. Kim says and gesture Daniel to start introducing himself.

“Ah yes. Ahem… Hello, I’m Daniel Chae. I'm just moving here from Japan last week. Please be nice to me.” He says politely and bows. Other student claps their hands excitedly. It’s not like every day you’ve got handsome transfer student from overseas.

“Any question?” Mrs. Kim asks the class. With that Areum, one of a beautiful girl in our class rises up her hands.

“Go on Areum.” Mrs. Kim says.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” She asks and whole class laugh and some of them just chuckles. Daniel blushes slightly and shook his head.

“No.”

“Any crush?” Areum question makes Daniel look at me before smile slightly.

“Maybe.” Myungsoo turns around and looks at me before turning his head back to Daniel.

“Okay class that enough. Daniel, you can go and sit beside Sungyeol, since he always sits alone and Sungyeol hope you make a friend this time.” Mrs. Kim says jokingly before asks us to open a textbook. Daniel walks toward me and sits down after put his beg. He

“Hey, mind share your book? I won’t get my book until tomorrow.” He said to me, which make me smile and nod.

“Sure, no problem.” With that, he drags his chair a bit too close to me and leans toward my table. Hmmm, he sure smells nice. His scent is a bit manly and it makes me blush. So I quickly lean back a little.

“Okay, I want you to write an essay and it due tomorrow.” Mrs. Kim says before close her book and looks at us. I groan and mentally curse at her. I hate English and I don’t even know how to write a good essay.

“You okay?” Daniel asks me. Consent write all over his face.

“Yeah, just I hate this subject,” I answer him and put my head on my book.

“I can help you if you want.” Daniel offers and closes his book that full with scribble he draws just now.

“You know English?” I hopefully ask. I always failed on this subject so when someone offers to help me, of course, I would be overjoyed.

“Yeah, well I kind grew up on LA before moving to Japan.” He says shyly.

“Really? Omg! I would work ship you if you teach me English.” I say jokingly and he giggles.

“Sure, so you can come to my house after this or do you want to go to your house?” Daniel suggests.

“My house. If you don’t mind.” I grinned and leaned over my chair.

“Okay.” With that, we continue our class like always. I almost sleep in every class and Daniel keep nudge me before he laughs and shook his head. With Daniel beside me, it will difficult to sleep from now on as he looks like a noble student.