The Message That Came Too Late

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jeongyeon! Look, look! I got the new IU album!" The loud teenager yelled as she ran across the hallway to her Friend.

 

"Gosh... do you have to be so noisy in the morning?" Jeongyeon sighed. 

 

"Sorry! Hehe~ Anyways I spent my whole month's allowance on this and I'm so excited!" Nayeon squealed while she twirled around in the hallway. 

 

"Stop it. People are looking..." Jeongyeon sighed again.

 

Nayeon did as she was told and walked towards their classroom. However right before they entered, Nayeon stopped Jeongyeon and gave her a surprise peck on the cheek.

 

"What the hell?!" The latter hissed and shoved her away. 

 

"I love you." Nayeon said playfully and went into class.

 

.

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon met on the first day of school before the opening ceremony. Nayeon was clueless on where to go for the assembly so Jeongyeon, who happened to be there, offered to go with her. Nayeon was talkative, which Jeongyeon appreciated because she was the opposite of Nayeon. Therefore for the first year, they hit off well.

 

Nowadays, Jeongyeon found it annoying to have Nayeon around. The latter was loud, noisy and clingy with her and it was honestly making her uncomfortable. Nayeon would also say that she loved her, causing her to flush red with embarrassment as students started to create rumours about them. 

 

.

 

Jeongyeon was in the track club while Nayeon opted out from joining any. With all that time, she would usually be seen watching Jeongyeon train. 

 

"Hey, your girl's here today." Chaeyoung teased.

 

"Shut up, she's not mine." Jeongyeon huffed and jogged away to join the briefing. 

 

.

 

Nayeon was always with Jeongyeon in school. They do everything together and Jeongyeon didn't understand why they had to. Whenever group assignments came up, no one wanted to group with either her or Nayeon because the two of them were seen as weird. This was the aftermath of the various homoual rumours that have been going around.

 

"Jeongyeon lets go home together." Nayeon hummed.

 

"Whatever." Jeongyeon said and picked up her bag. 

 

"Hey Jeongyeon, I love you do you know that?" Nayeon grinned. 

 

"We are friends but you don't have to tell me that every day." Jeongyeon said.

 

"I know but I really love you." Nayeon repeated again. 

 

Jeongyeon, who had given up, just nodded her head. 

 

The next day, when Jeongyeon went to school, she overheard some girls and guys in her class talking. She stopped at the doorstep and listened as they called her a lesbian and other insulting words. 

 

"Yooooooo Jeongyeon!" Nayeon yelled, startling her out of her own thoughts. 

 

"Hey you look pale. Are you okay?" Nayeon asked a littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter