Truth Hurts - Finale

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 3517




 

NY: YA!

 

And with a kick, Jeongyeon ended up rolling off the bed and landing on the floor.

 

JY: What the ?!

 

NY: W-What are you doing in my bed you ert?!

 

JY: Me? ert?! You are the one who was like "ahhhh no please stay pleeeeease"

 

NY: I- I... I DIDN'T SAY IT LIKE THAT!

 

Jeongyeon got up and stretched her body.

 

JY: At least you remembered saying it. Hurry up and get ready for school.

 

Jeongyeon opened the door but stopped. "A-about a few days back... I was just pissed off and didn't mean it... I'm sorry." Jeongyeon then closed the door behind her and ran to her room. She, a cold hearted killer, apologised sincerely for the first time. When in school, Jeongyeon and the others noticed a change in Nayeon's attitude. She was starting to revert back to the old cheerful Nayeon. Things were okay nowadays and Jeongyeon even met Nayeon's gang of friends whom planned an outing together during the coming holidays.

 

Time skip to the day of the outing, Jeongyeon had never seen Nayeon so excited before. Jeongyeon was also excited of course. It was her first time going out with the Friends she made.

 

JY: Young Ms. What's so entertaining about going out?

 

NY: It has been so Long since I went out... and stop calling me that, just call me by my name!

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were the first two to arrive at the amusement park and it was freezing. Maybe coming here in the winter was a bad idea. Nayeon laughed as Jeongyeon shuddered in the cold, digging her hands into the pockets of her coat.

 

"Give me your hands." Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon's outstretched hands and cocked her brow.

 

"Come on, I'm not going to hurt you."  Jeongyeon reluctantly took out her hands and place them in front of her. Nayeon then went forward to grab the latter's hands and pull it up to her cheeks. Jeongyeon was taken aback so she flinched but Nayeon insisted that the girl do it. Nayeon shuddered as the pair of cold hands hit her cheeks but didn't show it so as to not cause Jeongyeon to worry.

 

NY: There, warmer?

 

Jeongyeon nodded slowly as she looked at the latter smile. She didn't know what she was feeling but she liked it; the warmth of Nayeon's cheek and hands against hers. Was this the feeling one gets when touching a person she's comfortable wth?

 

JH: Whoa... Umm are we interrupting something?

 

"NO!" Jeongyeon and Nayeon shouted together as they pulled away from each other.

 

MM: See, I told you Mina and I were not the only gay ones...

 

JY: Y-ya! That's not what you guys think!

 

SN: Oh sure~ whatever you say~

 

JH: All these freaking couples...

 

SN: Then let us date today Jihyo~

 

JH: Sure!

 

The 6 of them set off towards the different rides while Mina and Momo, who feared them, went on an eating frenzy. This was the first time ever that Nayeon had seen Jeongyeon smile after living together for months and she thought that her smile was really pretty. She had to admit that half of the time on rides, she was paying more attention to Jeongyeon's smile than to her own fun.

 

That night, Nayeon and Jeongyeon went for dinner alone because Momo and Mina already ate while Sana and Jihyo went to their separate homes for dinner.

 

NY: So did you enjoy yourself today?

 

Jeongyeon shrugged, causing Nayeon to chuckle.

 

JY: What?

 

NY: You obviously had fun today~ you where smiling so widely on all the rides... You have a pretty smile so I hope you smile more~

 

JY: Thanks...

 

That night, Nayeon wasn't able to sleep well. She shot out of bed after another nightmare of her parents being shot and couldn't sleep since. Suddenly, the dark seemed like a scary place because she didn't know what to expect. Nayeon contemplated a while before grabbing her pillow and heading to Jeongyeon's room. She knocked once but there was no reply. She did it twice and the third time was the charm. A groggy Jeongyeon answered the door but when she saw that it was Nayeon, she snapped wide awake.

 

JY: What's the matter?

 

NY: I... I had a nightmare... C-can I sleep with you?...

 

Jeongyeon nodded and stepped aside for the latter to enter. Nayeon sleep at one end while Jeongyeon slept at the other. But after a while, Nayeon started to shuffle in the bed and causing Jeongyeon to wake up. She understood that it was the holidays but she still wanted sleep. Jeongyeon shifted towards her and realised that Nayeon was having a nightmare again, probably the same one, so she did what was effective from the last time which was to cuddle with the latter. But this time when Jeongyeon did it, she felt her heart pounding rapidly.

 

It was as though all the darkness suddenly disappeared in Nayeon's head and she was now surrounded by warm white light. She slowly opened her eyes to see herself against Jeongyeon's chest for the second time as her nostrils filled with the familiar smell of the latter. She felt her heart flutter as she burned up with embarrassment but she didn't push away; she enjoyed being in Jeongyeon's protective aura. Closing her eyes, she easily fell back into a peaceful slumber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IM NAYEON!" The teacher yelled for the 3rd time after catching Nayeon dozing off in his class again. Nayeon immediately shot up and apologised to her teacher before being thrown out of the class. Not only was she lacking academically but she was also slipping off during her council activities; well that was what Jeongyeon heard from Jihyo.

 

JH: Help her Jeongyeon. I'm worried for her. Look at how much you changed because of her.

 

Jeongyeon thought about it, and she can't lie; it was true. That day, she knocked on Nayeon's door and entered to find the girl sprawled over the table asleep.

 

"Ya, sleep on the bed, you are going to hurt your back like this."  Jeongyeon said as she  tapped the girl awake to usher her to the bed.

 

NY: Oh? I dozed off? Just a little longer okay? I want to search on something.

 

JY: But we have school tomorrow...

 

NY: I'll be okay, I promise

 

Jeongyeon sighed before leaning over to see what the latter was doing and while doing that, Nayeon noticed how close they were, causing her heart to skip a beat.

 

JY: What are you doing?

 

NY: Searching... For my parent's killer...

 

Jeongyeon tensed up.

 

NY: I know that it's the same person because leads pointed to the same company that hired the killer...

 

JY: W-what else do you know?

 

"I also know that the killer is a woman because of a short CCTV footage before it was cut off. The person tried to destroy it but didn't finish her job well." Nayeon spat while scrolling through the Internet for articles. Jeongyeon kind of felt insulted but that was not what she should be focusing on.

 

NY: What do you think Jeongyeon? Do you think these killers have a conscience in them?

 

JY: I... I don't know... But if they are able to do it then I Guess not? They have no choice but to do heir jobs...

 

"But aren't they human?" Nayeon said as she looked at Jeongyeon. The latter was staring at the computer screen with her brows knitted together, trying to think of an answer for the latter. Nayeon didn't know what overcame her but she suddenly gave a quick peck on the latter's cheek and caused the latter to snap out of her trance and flinch. Jeongyeon held her cheeks as her face flushed red while Nayeon apologised profusely for her actions. She had her eyes shut tight and face turned away in embarrassment before feeling a pair of hands cupping her cheek. She looked up to see Jeongyeon smiling at her.

 

JY: Don't apologise, I never said I didn't like it~

 

NY: Jeongyeon-ummmpphh

 

Jeongyeon crashed her lips against Nayeon and kissed her so passionately, hoping that Nayeon could feel her true emotion. The latter must have felt it because she too started to give a passionate reply. The couple made their way to the bed and threw their bodies against each other, with Nayeon on Top and Jeongyeon at the bottom. After a while, they pulled away and snuggled closer together on the bed with a silent pause before one of them spoke.

 

NY: Since when did you have feelings for me?

 

JY: Since that day when we were choosing clubs. What about you?

 

NY: The first time when I was in your arms... Jeongyeon?

 

JY: hmm?

 

NY: Can I ask you another thing? Why me?

 

JY: Because... You were my first in everything... My first time making my decisions, my first smile since forever, my first apology, my first heartbreak and my first love... No one has ever impacted my life more than you did.

 

Nayeon giggled as she shifted closer to Jeongyeon.

 

NY: I love you~

 

Jeongyeon smiled.

 

JY: I love you too~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter