See You Again

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Syn: Will they get together despite of the obstacles?

 

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon had been friends since the day both of them could talk. They used to be neighbors until their university years. This was when their different passions caused them to split up. They didn't live in the city but Jeongyeon wanted to pursue business and entrepreneurship in a university there. Nayeon was supportive of it but she couldn't help but be sad that her best friend and secret crush was going to move away. On the last day of Jeongyeon's stay, Jeongyeon had a sleepover at Nayeon's place. The two were going through their childhood photos and lightly dissing each other until Jeongyeon stopped because she saw transparent droplets hit the plastic film of the photograph album. 

 

"Ya wae?" Jeongyeon said as she put the album aside, shifting closer to Nayeon and cupping her face. The latter pushed her hands away lightly and wiped away her tears. 

 

"What if you forget about me?" She croaked. But Jeongyeon nudged her forehead before pulling her into a hug.

 

"How can I forget such a cry baby like you, Im Nayeon?" She said. Nayeon woke up to a message from Jeongyeon on the side of her bed. She knows she shouldn't but she ended up crying again.

 

The two kept in contact for 2 years but it suddenly stopped when Jeongyeon failed to reply. Just like that, 8 years passed. Nayeon didn't know why she had no contact with Jeongyeon and tried a couple of times to find her but couldn't. She admits that she forgot to ask for her important details like her new address but her own number didn't change so she didn't know why Jeongyeon didn't contact her. She shook that thought away again and looked through the newspaper for jobs. She had one after graduating from University but decided to quit after 6 years to take a year hiatus. Being a Personal Assistant (PA) was good pay but really stressful. Even though Nayeon wasn't in financial need, she worked small jobs in cafes and bookstores to pass her time and expose herself to more street knowledge.

 

"Yoo Jeongyeon, the youngest daughter of the Yoo family has taken up the position as CEO of Yoo Corporations." 

 

Nayeon was cleaning the tables half way when she heard that name. She ran towards the radio and turned it up a little before returning to her duties. 

 

"Yoo Corporations is a new company that rose to popularity as a goods trading firm and now it will be handed to their youngest Daughter.

 

Their oldest Daughter, Gong Seungyeon is becoming a rising star as an actress while their second Daughter is helping out at the company.

 

However, the public and also internal personnel are skeptical about her ability because she had been in a car accident 8 years ago." 

 

Nayeon almost dropped the ceramic dishes if not for her colleague, Jihyo’s, fast senses. So that was why Jeongyeon didn't contact her. She felt relieved and happy that she found the latter but at the same time, it made her heartbroken. Jeongyeon broke her promise; she forgot Nayeon. 

 

Instead of downing her sadness in alcohol, Nayeon devised a plan that would get her closer to Jeongyeon. Fortunately for her, she suddenly remembered seeing an ad for a personal assistant at Yoo Corporation. She had a hunch that it would be Jeongyeon's personal assistant because the latter was recovering from memory loss. She ransacked her home and squealed in joy once she found that newspaper ad. 

 

"Hello? Yoo Corporations, how may I help?" The receiver asked. Nayeon explained about the job ad she saw and was instructed to fax in her resume. In a matter of 5 minutes, she was called in to start her job the next day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon watched as the paper came out of her fax machine. She took a look at it and smirked. 

 

"I found you~" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon reported in her office outfit, a black blazer, white shirt and pants. She straightened herself before taking a deep breath and knocking on the CEO office. 

 

"Come in." A voice boomed. 

 

Nayeon opened the door cautiously and smiled as she entered. Jeongyeon got up and walked forward to give her a handshake. 

 

"Im Nayeon? Nice to meet you. You can address me as Ms. Yoo or CEO. Any questions before we start?" She asked.

 

'Has she really forgotten me?' Nayeon thought but she shook her head.

 

"Good, your table is over there and you have to manage my time and- I trust that you know what to do." Jeongyeon tried to cut her conversation short. Nayeon nodded and they went back to their separate tables. The PA was trying her best to focus on her scheduling but she constantly found herself staring at Jeongyeon. 

 

"Is there something on my face?" Jeongyeon finally asked.

 

"N-no! No..." Nayeon stuttered and returned to her work. Jeongyeon lifted up a file that she was reading to hide her face and chuckled silently. 

 

"Im Nayeon, you can be really dense." She whispered to herself. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you really don't know who I am?" Nayeon sighed but realised she said it out loud. 

 

Jeongyeon cocked her brows and place her drink down. "Am I supposed to know who you are?" 

 

"N-no... I'm sorry... I was thinking about something else..." Nayeon said as she gave an awkward laugh. 

 

"But can I ask you something?" She continued. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Y-you know the car accident? Did u really lose your memories?" Nayeon asked carefully. 

 

"Now isn't someone being chatty on their first day." Jeongyeon shot her a glare and walked towards her. She leaned closer towards Nayeon until their faces were inches away. The latter could feel her heart racing and face flush while she held her breath. 

 

"Sometimes asking too much questions is bad... now go make me some coffee and put it on my table before I come back." Jeongyeon hissed before putting her hands in her pocket and leaving for a meeting, hiding the smirk she had from the latter. Once the door closed, Nayeon immediately gasped for air and covered her face with her hands. 

 

"How am I going to get that stuck up to remember me..." she whined before heading to the lounge to make her the coffee. Jeongyeon came back to find a hot cup of coffee on the table while Nayeon was armed with a planner, listing down the schedules for next week. The smell of the aromatic coffee reminded her of exactly how Nayeon would have made it when they were young and spending their nights cramping information for their exams. The CEO looked at the paper bad she was carrying and took a deep breath before putting it on the latter's table. 

 

"Here, a welcome gift." She said before leaving for her table. Nayeon whispered a thank you before taking a peek. Jeongyeon who was observing her from behind her phone had a smile forming on the corner of her lips once she saw how Nayeon's eyes lit up with joy at the sight of her favorite candy. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week since Nayeon worked for Jeongyeon. The CEO made sure that she was always with her wherever she went and kept the latter close to her even though she treated her like a normal PA. Today was just like any other normal day and Nayeon was driving them both to another schedule. Just then, Jeongyeon received a call. 

 

"I can't, I have something on later." She said in a cold tone, which honestly shocked Nayeon. 

 

Jeongyeon went silent for a moment before taking a deep breath. 

 

"I can't. I'm busy. I- ... Fine!" She hung up and it the phone against the seat. 

 

"Stop the car." She said to Nayeon but the latter reminded her that she has an important meeting later. 

 

"Just stop the car!" She raised her voice and Nayeon complied. Jeongyeon got out and walked towards the driver seat. She pulled Nayeon out and passed her some cash. 

 

"Y-you are leaving me here?" The latter said in disbelieve. 

 

"Take a cab to the meeting place. I have to go." Jeongyeon got in and drive off before Nayeon can even protest.

 

Jeongyeon arrived at her office and there was Minyoung sitting in her leather armchair waiting for her. 

 

"That's my chair." Jeongyeon hissed but Minyoung just smirked and ignored her. 

 

"I'm here to tell you that my Father wants to meet your family for a meal to discuss our marriage." 

 

"You know I don't like you." Jeongyeon spat.

 

"And why? Is it because of that girl you keep with you?" 

 

"Don't you dare hurt Nayeon!"

 

"Ahh, Nayeon... what a nice name for a pretty lady~ watch out Jeongyeon, a bad mouth can get people hurt." Minyoung said before she left with a laugh. Nayeon returned to the office in a bad mood to see Jeongyeon standing by the window behind her table. 

 

"Ms. Yoo, the director told me that it was rude that you didn't attended-" Jeongyeon cut her off and told her to get to the point. The latter sighed and said that the director of the other company would not agree until she meets him in person. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days passed with peace within the office building and Jeongyeon returned to her normal self. The CEO wanted to eat out with her friend a.k.a crush that she had recently developed for her but didn't want it to seem so obvious. 

 

"Ya, Im Nayeon. Im hungry." She said trying Nor to look at her. 

 

"Do you want me to get something for you? Or... maybe we can go out to have lunch." She said hesitantly. 

 

"Are you asking me out?" Jeongyeon cocked her brow. 

 

"N-no... Well there was a restaurant that we both liked to eat at." 

 

"We?" 

 

"Ne... Long story short, w-we used to be friends until your memory loss from the accident..." Nayeon said sadly. 

 

"Friends? How close were we?" 

 

"Very." 

 

"Alright, since you are so confident, take me to the restaurant." Jeongyeon challenged. Nayeon nodded and made sure Jeongyeon was free of scheduled before they left. The city view slowly disappeared behind them and she brought Jeongyeon to a restaurant at some shady area. The CEO got out and looked around with her brows furrowed while Nayeon bid her to enter ignoring the fact that she seemed disgusted at this low class place. 

 

"Ahjuma!" Nayeon called out and was greeted with smile and a hug. She was talking about how she got Jeongyeon to come but didn't realize the latter behind doing weird gestures. In truth, Jeongyeon had been there many times. After Nayeon moved out and started her career, she only visited once a few months. And because Jeongyeon had a lost of memory, she could remember Nayeon but not her number. She wanted her memory about Nayeon to be kept so she can tease the latter. She does think that she's childish but it was fun. 

 

"Ahh, ne, I see... Jeongyeon got into an accident..." the ahjuma said trying to sound genuine but failed. 

 

"Are you okay?" Nayeon asked. Realizing that, she nodded and ushered both girls to sit. Jeongyeon let her order and surprisingly, Nayeon remembered all the dishes that she likes. 

 

"Ya, you got sauce all over your mouth again!" Nayeon nagged as she took at tissue and reached out to clean the corners of . 

 

"After 10 years and you still can't eat like a normal lady- why are you looking at me l-like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter