Live Life To The Fullest

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a oneshot. Please respect it. No sequals no prequals

 

If you can't take angst, DON'T read it.

 

SYN: Nayeon was always thought to live life to the fullest. 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon has always been taught by her parents to live life to the fullest. 

 

"If you want it, you have to work to get it. If you miss the opportunity, you might not be able to have it again." They would always say.

 

So from a young age until her freshmen year in university, Nayeon has been living by that motto. It does have its perks and downfalls. The downfall being, losing friends because she might have been perceived as assertive or even losing out on something but the perk would always be her being able to achieve what she had set herself to. This was no different from her love life.

 

Nayeon was in her 6th month of schooling in university when she laid eyes on a girl. She looked cool, in a feminine way; black leather heels, acid dye denim jeans with a loose and thin white top where her sunglasses hung. She looked really beautiful. Nayeon didn't know why she hadn't noticed the girl because she would always be spotted sitting on the lawn with her two other friends. 

 

Nayeon's first thought was to go ask for her number. She excused herself from her friend, Jihyo, who had sensed what the latter was going to do and yanked her back in front of her. 

 

"What?" Nayeon winced while massaging the sore area of her arm where the latter had her bone-crushing grip. 

 

"If you are thinking about asking for her number, forget it." Jihyo spat.

 

Nayeon furrowed her brows and titled her head in confusion.

 

"She's one of the more popular freshmen in the school." Jihyo leaned over and whispered.

 

"How do you know?" Nayeon scoffed, slightly not believing a word that the latter said.

 

"Hello, is anything in here?" Jihyo tapped Nayeon's head. 

 

"Everyone knows that... see there?" Jihyo lifted her file to hide her pointing finger.

 

"Those 3 are one of the most poplar people in the freshmen year. The brunette, that's Hirai Momo. She's Japanese and is known for her amazing dance skills. I heard she beat the dance president in a dance off but she can be a little... um..."

 

"Dumb." Nayeon completed her sentence once she saw how Momo fell for the oldest trick in the book when her other friend tricked her.

 

"Let's put it in a nice way... Simple minded. And that girl, that's Kim Dahyun. She's the life of the school. Whereever she goes, the atmosphere would never fail to hype up. Also, she's dating Minatozaki Sana, the cutest girl in the second year."

 

Nayeon nodded slowly before giving Jihyo the weird look, asking how she even knew so much. 

 

"I observe." Said Jihyo while looking through her hand with her eye.

 

"Plus, many boys have tried to ask her out but were rejected." Jihyo added.

 

"Maybe she doesn't swing that way?" Nayeon said.

 

"When she must love a trigendered pyrofox because she isn’t lesbian either. I see many girls get rejected too... even me..." Jihyo sighed.

 

"You?!" Nayeon scoffed. 

 

"I didn't know you were so gay." Nayeon teased 

 

"Shut up." Jihyo mumbled. 

 

"But anyway, I'm still going to do it." Nayeon said and walked towards the three. 

 

"Ya- Na- forget it." Jihyo said to herself and waited to see what would happen.

 

Jeongyeon was taking to her friends when she noticed a girl with a bunny tooth smile approaching them. Cocking her brows, she interrupted their original conversation and asked Dahyun and Momo if they knew her. 

 

Both shook their heads.

 

"Hi! I'm Im Nayeon, and you guys must be Dahyun, Momo and Jeongyeon." She said with a beaming smile.

 

Maybe she shouldn’t have said it like that because she could feel that the 3 girls think she was a stalker. Who the hell would know then so well on the first meeting?

 

"May we help you?" Dahyun asked awkwardly.

 

"Ah... um... I was just wondering if... I could talk to Jeongyeon..." Nayeon said while lowering her head a little because of the embarrassment she was starting to feel. 

 

Dahyun and Momo looked back at Jeongyeon who shrugged her shoulders. 

 

"Al-alright I guess?" Jeongyeon said before standing up and walking with Nayeon to some distance away from the group. 

 

"So...?" Jeongyeon trailed.

 

"I... I want to ask for your number." 

 

"For?" 

 

"I ... I like you!" Nayeon blurted. 

 

"But I don't know you..." Jeongyeon furrowed her brows.

 

"We can get to know each-"

 

"I'm sorry but... no..." Jeongyeon said with a forced smile before bowing and walking away. 

 

Jihyo walked towards the defeated looking redhead and patted her head to comfort her. 

 

"Come on, let's go have something nice to eat." Jihyo said with a warm smile.

 

But one failure meant nothing. Nayeon was the type that will try over and over again. The next day, Nayeon was approached Jeongyeon again. The latter was flipping through her textbook alone at a table when the same girl she saw yesterday approached her. 

 

"Hi again." Nayeon hummed. 

 

Jeongyeon forced a smile again and looked back down at her book, clearly stating that she didn’t want to talk.

 

Nayeon grabbed her attention back by closing her textbook. 

 

"What do you want?" Said the rather annoyed Jeongyeon.

 

"Let's get to know each other. The best way is to talk." Nayeon smiled.

 

Jeongyeon let out a sigh.

 

“Look, things can’t be forced.”

 

“But-“ But Jeongyeon was saved when Dahyun and Momo walked over to help her. 

 

"My friends are here." Jeongyeon said hastily while packing up.

 

"Can't you spare a few minutes?" Nayeon pouted.

 

"Sorry but we have a lesson." Momo said and the bell rang coincidentally.

 

Nayeon watched with a sigh as Jeongyeon walked away with her friends. 

 

It was the same for the next few days. Nayeon would pop up whenever she saw Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon on the other hand was getting more and more frustrated with the latter to the point that a day without seeing her was a bonus to her. It seemed like Nayeon was everywhere wherever she went.

 

Jeongyeon looked around before turning the corner. Her senses had became sharper as the days past; all to avoid the crazy red head that was following her. As she walked through the hallway, she would constantly snap her head around to make sure that there was no Nayeon around. But just as she turned back to the front...

 

"Hi! Looking for me?" Nayeon hummed.

 

Jeongyeon jumped back and stumbled on the ground, startled over the latter's sudden appearance. 

 

"Oh- I- I'm sorry!" Nayeon panicked as she got down onto her knees to help Jeongyeon pick up her papers.

 

"No need... ya..." Jeongyeon said while suppressing her anger.

 

"It's okay I'll help you." 

 

"I said I don't need your help!" Jeongyeon yelled.

 

Nayeon stopped and retreated with guilt before mumbling an apology. Jeongyeon sighed as she collected the last of her papers with Nayeon watching. She nudged past Nayeon and headed to her frequented place to sort out her papers. Meanwhile Nayeon drooped her shoulders and dragged her feet away. Great, she angered Jeongyeon but she didn’t want to give up.

 

"Whoa, what happened? First time the clean freak is in a mess." Momo laughed, Dahyun chuckled.

 

"It's that girl again..." Jeongyeon grumbled. 

 

"She suddenly popped out of nowhere. I don't even know why she keeps trying to woo me even though I have made it clear that I don't like her." Jeongyeon sighed. 

 

Momo went to comfort her while Dahyun furrowed her brows. 

 

“Calm down. Just ignore her next time.” Momo said.

 

“Well I hope she does because I yelled at her.” Jeongyeon huffed.

 

Dahyun ended her class and was headed to meeting her girlfriend when saw Nayeon along the corridor. Nayeon greeted her with a smile, which Dahyun returned. But before she could go any further, Dahyun turned around and stopped her. 

 

"Im Nayeon ssi!" 

 

"Y-yes?" 

 

"Can we talk?" 

 

Dahyun and Nayeon found a secluded place to sit do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter