Kingdoms At War

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

SYN: The Im and Yoo rule over two different kingdoms and have been at war for centuries and they started to question that after a moment. 

 

 

Disclaimer: I am so sorry... this was supposed to be fluffy but... I don't know what happened :')

I tried...

 

 

 

“Your Majesty! Your majesty!” The messenger ran into the palace, tripping over due to the injury on his leg. Jeongyeon got up from her throne and immediately rushed to help the man up.

 

“What is the matter?” She asked

 

“The enemies soldiers have pushed past the boarder and they are not progressing nearer to the first wall!” Jeongyeon gritted her teeth and gave it a thought before calling physicians to treat the men.

 

“Get me my armor!” She yelled at the eunuchs who scrambled away.

 

“Your highness, you can’t-.” Her advisor tried to stop her but she raised her hand and walked towards her room.

 

When she came out with a whole body clad in armor before getting on her stallion with two of her best guards, Chaeyoung and Dahyun, following her. When she arrived to the area, she was met with a bloody massacre. The ground was stained red with little green showing and dead bodies piled up, as the opposition got closer.

 

“Chaeyoung, you go assist Tzuyu and Dahyun, follow me.”

 

“Yes your highness.” They said in unison. Jeongyeon swung her sword at the enemy, managing to disarm them with every strike while Dahyun covered her from behind. Once the ruler and her elite warriors had entered the field, they managed to turn the tables around. Under their guidance, they managed to push the army back closer to the boarder. Jeongyeon pulled on the reins and caused her horse to rear just in time for its hooves to knock the latter out. She galloped around and took down as many soldiers as she could before a loud horn caught her attention. It wasn’t just any horn; it was the horn of the arrival of the opposition.

 

Im Nayeon, ruler of the Im kingdom, came galloping down with a sword in hand and her best warriors following behind. Even though she looked really stunning, Jeongyeon knew that she was the person she was supposed to take down. She rode towards Jeongyeon after telling her guards to assist in the fight and held her sword up as she did a pass. Jeongyeon quickly swerved her horse out of the way, raising her sword to block the attack before going after the latter. Jeongyeon raised her sword above her head and swung but Nayeon parried and pulled on the reins. Her stallion reared but Jeongyeon managed to move her precious away. Their swords clashed again but this time, Jeongyeon pushed Nayeon away, causing her to stumble and she took this chance to turn her horse around and make her buck.

 

The rear hooves of Jeongyeon’s horse stuck the ribs of the latter’s stallion causing it to neigh in pain. Sensing the compromised situation, Nayeon turned her stallion around and tapped her heel on its thigh, commanding it to retreat in to the forest while Jeongyeon went after her against her own guard’s warning. Dahyun pulled on the reins and bolted after her majesty but Momo and Mina, Nayeon’s guards, followed behind. Nayeon was too far ahead and Jeongyeon knew that. She made her horse bank to the right, knowing that the way would be shorter. Dahyun didn’t see Jeongyeon around but saw Nayeon instead. The all rounder kept her blade and drew out her arrow, aiming at the tyrant’s body but her aim was distraught when it was hit by a sack that Mina had thrown at her. The arrow didn’t hit the woman but it hit the horse’s hind leg. Nayeon pet its neck to comfort it and pushed it on as she screamed at her men to eliminate the problem. Momo and Mina disabled the latter’s horse and caused her to fall. Drawing her sword out, Dahyun knew that it would get difficult.

 

 

Nayeon thought she was clear and slowed her stallion down. It immediately crashed on its knees and huffed in fatigue, as it got weaker and weaker. Nayeon knelt beside it and allowed it to rest its head on her lap while she groomed its mane.

 

“Thank you buddy…” She whispered and kissed him on the bridge of its nose.

 

Nayeon was no stranger to the war between the Im and Yoo dynasty. She had heard her father talk about it when she secretly snuck out of her room to play with the horses. Her father found out about it and instead of scolding her, he bought her a little horse so she would not hurt herself when playing with the bigger once. And this horse had been with Nayeon until now. Sometimes she wonders why the kingdoms fight and even though she didn’t know, she promised her father not to back down; those were his dying wishes.

 

But just as Nayeon though the peace was going to continue, her horse suddenly acted up and pushed her aside. Nayeon watched as her stallion receive an arrow to its heart and drop to the ground motionless. Her eyes welled up with tears as she crawled towards it, burying her head against the animal before snapping it towards the direction of the trots. Jeongyeon got off her horse and pointed the tip of her sword at Nayeon’s head, mocking her and telling her to surrender her kingdom.

 

Nayeon started at her, breathing heavil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter