She'll Be Back

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A short one.

SYN: Jeongyeon was deployed; Nayeon waits for her to come back.

 

“I’ll be back I promise. Wait for me okay?” Jeongyeon hummed as she buried her head against Nayeon’s at the airport.


Jeongyeon joined the army to make ends meet and now that she earned her war up the ranks, the missions got more difficult. Nayeon was Jeongyeon’s girlfriend for 6 years and she was not excited to hear that Jeongyeon was going to be deployed to Afghanistan to fight with the American army. She heard stories on how dangerous it is and being a psychologist, she had plenty of patients coming back with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). But that was not what she was worried about.

 

It had been 3 years since Jeongyeon’s deployment and they kept contact every one or two months. As the first year passed, the contact reduced to once every 6 months and by the 5th year of Jeongyeon’s deployment, there was still no call from her. Even so, Nayeon waited.

 

Jeongyeon and her met when Jeongyeon was working at a club and Nayeon and her friends were out to party after the last paper of their university exams. They were having fun when Nayeon got tired of dancing and headed to the bar to get a drink. To be honest, she didn’t like Jeongyeon at first sight because the latter was flirting with her a lot but with her persistence, Nayeon finally accepted to be her girlfriend when she appeared in her university with a bouquet of flowers.

 

Things turned out to be fine because opposites attracted. Though Jeongyeon was playful at times, she was a great listener and never failed to make Nayeon’s day. Nayeon was not a stranger to Jeongyeon’s financial status either but she looked past that. However, Jeongyeon knew that she couldn’t just live with the little earnings she gets from the bar. This was when she decided to join the army.

 

Nayeon leaned back on her chair after seeing the last patient of the day. She massaged her head and took a sip of her coffee before opening a drawer and taking out a tag that the military had given to her. She closed her eyes and the memories of her break down resurfaced.

 

“We found this at the bomb zone.” The commanding officer for the mission said to Nayeon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter