Dare

TWICE Short Stories - Jeong Yeon x Na Yeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Idea From: Story Ideas - blackdxst

 

 

Yoo Jeongyeon was the most well known player in the school. Even with this infamous title floating above her head, many girls and guys still ended up falling for her to only get their hearts broken over and over again. Who wouldn’t fall for that shorthaired beauty that was handsome as the same time? She was pushing the right buttons of everyone around her. She was rich, drives a Maserati in school, and loves her lather jacket topped with Ray Ban aviators. What she wears to school could keep the school running for probably a few months.

 

Mrs. Ahn: Yoo Jeongyeon. You’re late.

 

“Did you miss me already?” Jeongyeon gave a charming smile to her teacher and left her literally speechless. She let the latter off with a warning before telling her to go back to her seat. After class, Jeongyeon was on her way to meet her other friends when a girl grabbed her on the shoulder and turned her around.

 

JY: What do you want?

 

MM: Explanations.

 

JY: For what?

 

MM: Why you broke up with me!

 

JY: I just wasn’t feeling you anymore.

 

Jeongyeon pulled her shoulder back and shook off the latter’s grip and walked away.

 

MM: You arrogant . You think you can do anything but in fact, you can’t even keep a relationship for more than a month!

 

Jeongyeon stopped.

 

MM: Ha! Did I break your heart? Prove it. Prove that you can do it.

 

JY: I have no time for these useless things.

 

MM: Scared? Then let’s bet. Either you date the biggest nerd in school for more than 2 months or you pay me $300~

 

JY: You know I can easily pay that amount, don’t you?

 

MM: But you don't; you won't. Because backing out of this bet will make you look bad.

 

Jeongyeon clicked her tongue and walked away with her hands in her pocket. If her ex wants to challenge her then fine. What is so hard about dating a geek?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Jeongyeon went to school, she headed to the home of the geeks; the library. When Jeongyeon entered she got weird stares from everyone inside because the jock had never set foot into the library ever. She pursed her lips, took a deep breath, ignoring the stares and whispers. She headed towards the table at the back where the person she was going to date was always sitting.

 

As Jeongyeon got nearer, there was a hint of disgust in her face as she looked at the girl in pigtails, overalls, thick-rimmed glasses and her buckteeth. But she shook that though away and sat in front of her.

 

JY: Im Nayeon?

 

She looked up and pushed her glasses as she stared at her.

 

JY: You look beautiful today~

 

People and the other table started whispering and gasping at the other. Knowing that a player was in front of her, she toughened up.

 

NY: Can you please go away!

 

“Hey! You two! You two are disturbing the others! Get out!” The librarian bellowed.

 

NY: B-but-

 

“Out!” Nayeon was bubbling with anger as she started packing up her books. She glared at Jeongyeon before storming out of the library but the latter followed after her, determined to not lose her bet.

 

JY: Ya… Ya! Im Nayeon!

 

Nayeon didn’t turn back and just stormed away to somewhere quiet. Jeongyeon kicked the floor and cursed. She didn’t know it would take more effort then she was expecting.

 

MM: I see you failed?

 

JY: What do you want?

 

MM: I forgot to tell you, you only have until the end of the weekday to get her to date you.

 

JY: What?! Today is Thursday!

 

MM: Too hard for the infamous player to handle?

 

JY: Who says? Watch me.

 

Jeongyeon walked away and pulled out her phone, asking her friend to help her find the geek. Dahyun was popular among the students and thus have many connections. She reported back to Jeongyeon informing her that Nayeon was at the empty study area in the fourth floor of the school building. Jeongyeon thanked her and headed there with a sigh. She got to get her by the end of Friday or else she would be teased. Nayeon closed her eyes and tried to ignore her by focusing on her textbook but Jeongyeon sat down in front of her and pulled it away.

 

NY: What do you want?!

 

JY: look at you all day~

 

NY: Cut the crap player. What do you want?

 

JY: I want to date you.

 

NY: No. Do you think I’m stupid? You are a player. Go find someone prettier who is willing to get her heart broken.

 

JY: I would if I could. But can’t nerd like you tell that I have a bigger motive behind why I asked you to be my girlfriend? I have to date you for more than 2 months to win a bet, if not I would have to pay $300. So can you just cooperate?

 

NY: So you are using me for a sick game?!

 

JY: Can’t you do it?

 

NY: No! of course not!

 

“P-please!” Jeongyeon forced herself to spit the word out. The girl genuinely begging her took Nayeon aback. She blinked a few times before sitting back down.

 

NY: What’s in it for me?

 

JY: Anything you want.

 

NY: I’ll save that wish for later. Don’t forget.

 

Jeongyeon smiled and stood up, reaching her hand out for a handshake. Nayeon reluctantly took her arm and shook it before they exchanged numbers and left. After the school ended, Jeongyeon drove her Maserati to the pickup point and honked the horn, catching Nayeon’s attention. Jeongyeon acted like a total gentleman and opened the door for her to get in. The news blew up on the school’s chatter page and it easily got to Momo. She just looked through the article and chuckled.

 

MM: lets see how long they can do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few days, Jeongyeon would always be around Nayeon and both of them seemed happy but it was all an act. They only met in school and that was where their commitment stopped. Nayeon didn’t get it good when the news of her and Jeongyeon’s relationship started. When she was a nobody, she had no friends but now that she was somebody, she still had no friends and haters. Nayeon was walking in the hallways to her next class when she felt something hit her back and people laughing at her. When she turned around, she realised that people were egging her. She yelled for them to stop and used her book to shield herself but they were attacking her from all sides.

 

Jeongyeon and Dahyun were walking along the 3rd floor to their class when Dahyun stopped her dumb dancing to her current favorite song, TT and ran towards the railings. She was looking at the chaos that the students were causing at the second floor and told Jeongyeon all about it while she waited outside the class.

 

DH: Dude, you sure you don’t want to see this? The students are taking egging to an intense level!

 

JY: These kinds of things happen all the time anyway.

 

DH: You are no jam!

 

JY: Ya! Kim Dahyun-

 

DH: Jeongyeon you really need to see this.

 

This time, Dahyun looked at Jeongyeon with a serious face. Seeing the latter like that, she decided to take a look and saw her “girlfriend” getting egged. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and went back to leaning on the walls while Dahyun prepared to lecture her.

 

DH: You are not going to help her?

 

JY: For?

 

DH: Don’t forget, she is supposed to be your girlfriend. You don’t want to be labeled a loser right? It would be over if she broke up with you.

 

Jeongyeon ignored it at first but Dahyun knows that she was having an internal conflict in her mind. Jeongyeon suddenly cursed and told Dahyun to follow her as they rushed down to the second level.

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ALL ARE DOING?!” Jeongyeon screamed as she pushed past the people and walked towards Nayeon. Everybody looked as she bent down and helped her up, taking off her expensive jacket and putting it over Nayeon’s shoulder.

 

JY: have you all not seen the news? She’s my girlfriend and if I see you guys messing with her again, I will make sure all of you get the same medicine.

 

Jeongyeon then pulled Nayeon close to her despite knowing she would stain her clothes and took her towards the shower room. Jeongyeon came out wiping her hair and met up with Dahyun who passed her some freshly bought clothes after dropping off the others at the dry cleaners. Jeongyeon passed the clothing to Nayeon and she came out in the black skinny jeans and blue Chicago Bulls hoody.

 

NY: I-I will return it to you tomorrow…

 

JY: Forget it. Just keep it.

 

NY: B-but it’s new and expensive…

 

JY: Take it as my apology. And here.

 

Jeongyeon took the greyish ivory colour jacket and threaded it through Nayeon’s arms before walking in front of her and adjusting it. Meanwhile, she told Dahyun to go to Nayeon’s class to apologize for her absence.

 

JY: It’s cold nowadays. Come on, I’ll send you to class.

 

Jeongyeon was about to walk away when Nayeon pulled on the hem of her sleeve. She stopped and turned back to see Nayeon looking at her. She had to admit that Nayeon had really pretty eyes

 

NY: Thanks

 

JY: Don’t mention it.

 

Jeongyeon turned to walk away again but Nayeon stopped her again.

 

JY: What again?

 

NY: M-My glass… I can’t see with out them.

 

Jeongyeon made and ‘O’ with and returned it to her before they both walked to class together. When Nayeon walked in, people were commenting about the new and expensive clothes but she ignored them. Nayeon knew the bullying would decrease but not stop. A few days of peace later, some of Jeongyeon’s obsessive crushes bumped into her on purpose and sent her tumbling. She swallowed the anger and tried to find her glasses but before she could reach them, the girl crushed them with her shoe. She then bent down and grabbed the hem of Nayeon’s shirt and pulled her close, warning her not to tell Jeongyeon or more bad things would come her way. She nodded nervously and got shoved away before the bullies walked away.

 

Nayeon salvaged whatever she can but realised her glasses we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter