Concert + Birthday = ?

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER NINE:

It was a bright sunny morning the next day. I woke up early and took Cheonsa to the park near our dorm.

"So how have you been lately, Cheonsa?" I asked.

"I'm sorry if I haven't been paying much attention to you. I feel like I'm neglecting you. I'm sorry."

We took a little break from walking and paused for a minute to a bench. I reached for my pocket to get the small plastic bag with dogfood inside. I grabbed a handful of it and placed my hand infront of Cheonsa so he can eat. We're always like this ever since we're young.

"Good boy! That's my Cheonsa!"

I really enjoy this kind of moments. With Cheonsa beside me, I'll be totally alright.

"You know what Cheonsa? Sister-nim told me that I have a brother. Isn't that amazing?"

"I just really hope I could find him. I have so much in my mind and I really want to find out everything about my past. And the only way to find out is for me to find my brother."

Sehun's POV

"Come on, Hunnie. It's almost breakfast time so go get Shin. Also, tell him that we cant miss our flight so tell him to pack some things. and get ready."

I put my cap and hoodie on to cover my head. I went out of the dorm and I looked for Shin.

I swear, if I find him, I'll tie his hands and feet together and lock him inside my suitcase.

"Gahd! Where the heck did he go? It's too early." I nagged.

"Very good, Cheonsa! Now give me high-five!" I heard a familiar voice. It's Shin.

He was sitting on a bench, talking to his siberian husky. Smiling, chuckling and talking as if they understand each other.

Gahd, he's such a weirdo.

I dont know why but it felt so enjoying watching him talk to his dog like a child. He's really weird.

"Shin-ah! Time for breakfast! The other hyungs are looking for you." I shouted. Good thing, there weren't so much people around the area.

"Ne?"

"Let's go back. We need to hurry. We need to catch up to our flight later on." I said.

He nodded and we headed back to our dorm. We ate our breakfast and packed up some important things. After packing up some important things, we all sat QUIETLY on the living room, waiting for Manager Hyung to pick us up. As if being quiet was possible for us.

"I remember a certain part on our EXO's first box. That part where we have to show what's inside our suitcase." Suho hyung began.

"Yeah, do you have your toys again, Lay?" Baekhyun asked Lay.

"Of course, do you want me to show it?" Lay asked.

"Aigoo, I beg you, Lay. Not now. Not today." Chanyeol said, remembering that moment when his eyes was hitten by something from Lay's toy.

All the other members laughed as they recall what happened to Chanyeol that day.

"Kris, what kind of books do you have now? Are you still reading A Person's View?" asked Chanyeol.

"No. Actually, I've finished it a month ago. I'm currently reading 'The Byuntwins and the Forgotten One' by TheMelliBrandy right now." he said.

(A/N: The book is located in my Wattpad profile. You can check it out :V)

"What is it about, hyung?" asked Tao.

"It's about Baekhyun having a twin sister and another long lost brother." answered Kris hyung.

"About Baekhyun, huh?" Chanyeol mumbled.

"I'm a Baekhyun fan." said kris hyung.

"Hyung is not my style!" Baekhyun beamed.

"Kkaebsong~!" Kris exclaimed.

The other members laughed.

"That sounds like an awesome book. Can I barrow it?" Suho asked.

"Well, actually, it's not exactly a book. I saw it online. I'll send you the link later on." he said.

"How about you, Shin? Can we check out what's inside your suitcase?" asked Baekhyun.

"Uh, well... actually.. I haven't.. hey! Wait!" he stuttered when suddenly I grabbed his suitcase.

I opened it and explored what's inside.

"Hm, a box of bandage and huge gauze? What was that for?" I asked.

"I.. I-in case of emergency." he said.

"Oh I see. Just like Suho hyung." Baekhyun mumbled. The other members agreed.

"Let him tell us what he has. Give him back his suitcase Sehun-ah." commanded Suho hyung.

I handed him back his suitcase.

"Hm, let's see. I have bandages and gauzes for emergency, my mp3 player and earphones to keep me away from boredom, some fluffy stuffed toy..." he said.

"Haha! You sleep with a stuffed toy, too?" Baekhyun asked.

"Ne! And lastly, my beannies." he said.

"What's with the beannies?" asked Kris.

"I just love collecting beannies. Plus, I would never go out without a beannie on my head. It actually helps me, for example, I'm too lazy to style my hair and stuffs." he explained.

"Yeah, look! He even wears one right now!" said Chen.

"Oh I see." they all nodded.

A few minutes later, Manager Hyung arrived. We made our way into our van and crowded ourselves in. Once we're ready, we drove off quickly to Incheon airport. There were so many fans waiting for us. Luckily, we didn't struggle getting into the waiting area.

SHIN's POV

After waiting for what felt like forever, we we're finally able to board. Unfortunately, I ended up seating beside Kris. The cold city guy who's already sitting down and quietly browsing his tablet pc. Thankfully, it didn't bother me much because my seat was just beside the window. I sat down and took a fascinating look at the great view from the window.

Wow, it's my first time to travel outside the country. I thought to myself.

The plane finally took off. A moments later, I felt a head suddenly touched my shoulder. I look at the seat beside me only to find out that Kris was already asleep. His right hand was holding his face for support, making him look like he's doing a facepalm. Realizing that he looks like a little boy sleeping, it made me smile.

I stared at him while he's sleeping. After almost half an hour, I felt my lids have became heavier so I decided to just lean on the window and imagined that I was flying. Little did I know that I was already sleeping.

Kris POV

*CLICK!*

I heard a clicking sound all of a sudden. I lifted one of my lids and found a smiling gramps in front of me.

Nah, I'm kidding. It's Suho, holding a camera while giving me very wide smile. A V-E-R-Y W-I-D-E one.

"Hey. What are you doing?" I asked, shielding my facevwith my hand.

"Ha! Nothing! Go on, just continue your sleep!" he said, still smiling.

"I swear if I could get your camera, I'll destroy it. Now show me." I warned. But I know Suho knows I wouldn't do that.

"Alright. Here." he handed me the camera.

There's a photo of me and Shin, sleeping. His head was leaning on my shoulder while mine is leaning on his head. Seeing that photo, it made me smile a little bit but of course, I didn't make it obvious. I didn't know why I smiled though.

"Ha! I swear, if only Shin was a girl, you two would make a very cute couple! haha! how's that?" Suho teased.

"Oh please. Shut up, Suho." I said.

He just gave me an annoying smirk and returned to his seat. I looked at the person beside and saw a sleeping Shin. I stared at him, realizing that he really looks familiar. I stared a little bit more.

A quick flashback came into my mind.

 

Flashback

"Ouch!" we both exclaimed.

"Oh sorry, did I hit you?" I asked, helping me to get up.

"No? The door hit me by itself." she hissed.

End Of Flashback

 

 

That's right! Now I know! I mentally shouted at myself.

"This guy, he really looks like Shin Mei." I whispered as I look at him.

"Could you be.. Shin Mei's brother?"

Shin's POV

Aaaaahhh! Finally! We're here!

Gahd, Japan is so beautiful. There were so many lights and different kind of stores. I feel so excited. Soon enough, we arrived at the hotel where we are going to stay in. All of us were so excited. The keys to our hotel rooms were already given to us and again, I ended up sharing the room with Sehun.

"Ahh. I feel so tired." I said as I quickly ran inside and collapse at the bed immediately right after we opened the room.

"Hey! Get outta my way. I'm going to rest." he shoved me off from the bed.

Tch, I HATE YOU SEHUN. Why are you mean to me?

Suddenly, I heard a few knocks from the door. I went out to check it and saw Kai.

"Hey!" he greeted.

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Where's Sehun?" he asked.

"He's in the bedroom. Come in." I said then invited him in.

We went to the bedroom and saw Sehun already fast asleep.

"Haha! This is perfect!" he said.

"Why?" I asked

"Remember what Suho hyung told us for Sehun's birthday? We're planning to go outside so we can buy him gifts. Luckily, he's asleep. Now we can buy gifts without him knowing! Wanna come with us?" he said.

"Sure!" I nodded.

We went outside and checked out different stores. We also stopped by some restaurants to eat. There were so many fans around us but it didn't matter at all. Only there are some who's asking who am I and why am I with EXO. But we didn't answer it. Instead, we just laughed at that thought.

"Of course, they didn't know. We haven't introduced him in public yet." Suho hyung said.

We're currently eating at a japanese restaurant. Aigoo, the food is so good. We ate and talked about buying Sehun a gift for his birthday.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. We will be divided into 3 teams. First is Kris, Tao, Luhan and Xiumin. Second is Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Shin. While the third is Kai, D.O, Lay and me." said Suho hyung.

After we eat, we seperated ourselves to buy gift. Baekhyun told me to put on my hoodie. And that's what I did. We went into a toy store first.

"Look, this looks like the one you always put beside your bed before you sleep." Baekhyun said as he hand over a cute stuffed toy to Chanyeol.

"What should I buy?" I thought to myself.

"Ha! This one looks like Shin." said Chen as he put a doll beside my face.

"This one, too!" said Chanyeol holding a baby kitten stuffed toy.

"Hajima! Stop it, hyungs " I said.

"Alright now. Let's see what can we buy for Sehunnie." said Baekhyun.

All of a sudden, I saw a very cute stuffed toy which looks like a bubble tea.

"This one!" I said, holding it with both of my hands.

"Aww, kyeopta!" said Chen.

"He'll surely like it!" said Chanyeol.

"Yeah, I agree! Shin, you're so DAEBAK!" said Baekhyun.

After buying that certain stuffed toy, we went to other stores because Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen haven't decided what could they buy as gift yet.

In the end, they all ended up with some signatured clothes and baseball caps.

We all went back to the hotel. I hid my present right away not wanting Sehun to see it.

When Sehun woke up, we all had our brunch (late breakfast, early lunch) and took a tour before our concert which is tomorrow.

We went to different places. It was so beautiful. There's this place we went on that I liked so much. There were so many Cherry Blossom Trees. Their leaves are all color pink. The breeze is so cold and refreshing. The surroundings are so quiet. I closed my eye and threw my hands in the air as the cold wind hits my face and hair causing my hoodie to took off my head.

"Ahh. It's so refreshing." I said.

I heard someone mumbled. I found out that it was Kris. His eyes were closed. He looked like he's thinking of someone.

"Shin Mei..." he mumbled.

My eyes widened in shock. But I didn't think he noticed because he was closing his eyes.

How did he know my name? How?

I ran quickly to find Manager Hyung. I asked Suho hyung and he told me that he's in the van. So I went straight there.

"Hyung!" I shouted.

"There you are Shin. I was looking for you! I have to tell you something really important!" he said.

"What? Is it about my brother or about Shin?" I asked.

"I think BOTH." he said, quietly.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, looking a little confused.

"I did a background research about you. I went back to the orphanage before we leave for Japan and I found out that..." he said, leaving a little cliffhanger at the end of his statement. He looks like he's hesitating if he's gonna tell me or not.

"What? Tell me!" I begged.

He took a deep breath and a sigh before he speaks.

"Shin. He's your brother." he said.

Hearing those words, my body automatically froze. It took me a minute before Manager Hyung's words sunk into my mind.

"What did you say? Shin is my brother?" I said.

"Yes. Shin's real name is Lee Shin Yoo. His English name is Shawn Lee. He's from California but he's originally from Gangnam. He spent 6 years of his life in an orphanage there-- the orphanage where you said you grew up. He, then, left the country after he had been adopted and had been legallized to be an international adoptee." he explained.

"It makes sense now! You're his twin sister that is why he really looks like you." he concluded.

"He had been casted by an SM Staff through SM Global Auditions. I dont think I'd have to tell you the other things about him. I already told you some before, right?" he continued.

"B-but, why didn't you told me those things? You only told me that he had gone through global audition and that he had been a trainee for a year and a half. The rest are non-sense!" I protested.

"It's my fault. I was about to tell you but everytime I plan to do it, I always forget about it." he admitted.

"Aren't you happy that you already found out who your brother is?" he asked.

I ignored his question. I still cant believe the person we're looking for is my brother.

"That's right! It's like killing two birds with one stone! We're going to find Shin not only because he has to continue this contract but also he is my brother!" I said.

"That's right!"

"But... Hyung, I really need to ask you something. I heard Kris said my name a while ago that's why panicked and ran quickly to find you. Why does he know my name?" I asked.

"What? Are you sure about that?"

I nodded.

"I dont know either."

"Eotteohke?"

"Oh I know! Just pretend that you didn't hear that. When he asked you anything related about that topic, just deny it right away! Okay?" told Manager Hyung.

"Arasseo." I nodded.

After taking a stroll around whole day, we went straight home to take a rest early. We still have our dressed rehearsal tomorrow before our concert. Tomorrow is also Sehun's birthday.

Sehun's POV

"Ya Shin! I'm hungry." I beamed.

I looked at the clock and it's already 12am. I shook Shin's head trying to wake him up but it's useless. Gahd, I miss sharing rooms with Suho hyung. He always find food for me when I'm hungry especially during late at night.

"Shin. I'm hungry." I repeated.

"Hmm-mm, whhhhaat?" he mumbled although he's still sleeping.

"I said I'm hungry. Wake up." I said.

"Shireo.. I'm still sleepy..." he retorted.

"But I'm hungry! Let's go get some food!" I said.

A few moments later...

"Shin?"

*Snorts*

I looked at him. Seriously? Eventhough he's just a small guy, he sleeps like a big man. I chuckled at that thought.. I didn't even realize that he has sleeping habits.

I looked at him. He's sleeping. His face is like a sleeping little kitten. He's cuddling another pillow while his head was resting on it. I leaned my face towards him to take a closer look.

*Dugdug.Dugdug.Dugdug*

Suddenly, I felt a little anxious. I didn't even know why. What is this feeling I felt all of a sudden?

Augh, it must be because of hunger.

I stood up from the bed and looked for something to do to distract myself from hunger. I reached over our suitcases. Suddenly, I found a paperbag beside Shin's suitcase.

"What is this?" I mumbled to myself.

I opened the paperbag and saw a stuffed toy that looks exactly like a bubble tea. I saw a little note inside the paperbag, too.

This is for Sehunnie.

Knowing it was for me, I smiled automatically. My hunger instantly went away and was replaced by excitement. I never thought he'd buy me something like this.

The next day, we woke up early to have a breakfast together. After eating our breakfast, we changed our clothes right away and went straight to our van. We're going to Saitama Super Arena because we're having a dressed rehearsals before our concert later.

Once we arrived, I saw the other staffs busy preparing for the stage. Everyone has their own things to do.

We went straight to the dressing room so we can change our clothes. Once we're ready for the dressed rehearsal, we just sat and waited for us to get called. I saw Shin quietly sitting at a corner, holding his phone. Suddenly, I saw Kai walked towards him and gave him a bottle of water.

"Ahh. I can't believe I'll get to perform on stage. I'm really nervous." said Shin.

"Dont worry. It's just a dressed rehearsal for now. The real thing will happen later." said Kai.

Shin gave him a weak smile. He must be really nervous. It's his first time anyway.

"Just think of it like we're having a practice on the dance room, okay?" Kai adviced.

"I will." he answered.

As soon as our names got called, we went to the stage and started practicing our dances. All of us were being told about what should we do once we perform for real. Everyone was so hardworking eventhough its just a rehearsal. We finished our dressed rehearsals after a couple of hours. After that, we decided to order japanese food for lunch and get ready for the concert later on.

SHIN's POV

While getting our hair done for the show, I just sat there quietly at the corner (as always) and grabbed some magazines to read. Suddenly, Kai sat beside me.

"Why are you so nervous?" he asked.

"Me? Nervous? Aniyo." I denied, then let out a fake laugh.

"You're not doing a good job of hiding it." he laughed.

"Really, huh? Well, yes, I'm nervous because as you can see, there's thousands of people out there, I'm just afraid that I would mess up." I sighed, worriedly.

"You wont mess up, okay? You'll be fine. We're here." he assured.

"Ten minutes till your on stage boys!" shouted Manager Hyung.

Gahd, I'm really getting nervous.

"Alright guys, let's do our best! Just do what we usually do in our previous concert performances and just think of it like another one. Shin, I know it's your first time. Dont worry, if you mess up, we'll cover you up immediately, okay? Just be yourself. Let's do our best! EXO fighting!" he cheered.

We went backstage and waited for Hyung to get us. Suddenly, the lights dim. The show was about to start. Everyone started shrieking and screaming. Then everyone started chanting "EXO". We entered the stage and went to our respective places according to our formations. Spotlights show up one by one, revealing us standing back from the crowd. The show is really starting now.

The first song is Growl. Just by the time I showed up, the fans started to whispher and murmur to each other. I felt a little anxious all of a sudden causing for me to get lost of the lyrics. Thankfully, the other members covered it up.

The song went on and on. Just when the song finished Suho hyung walked towards me.

"What happened?" he worriedly asked.

"Sorry, just had a little anxiety attack. But dont worry." I said.

"Okay, just tell me if you feel unwell, okay?" he said.

The concert went on and on. After we finished some songs, we stopped for a minute to introduce ourselves.

"We are one, we are EXO!" we all said in unison.

They introduced themselves one by one except me.

"We have a special guess right here. He's going to debut in the next 2 days. Come on guys, let's welcome him." Suho hyung said.

"Irrashaimase!" the fans said all together.

"Hi, I'm Shin and I'll be joining EXO soon. Please take care of me!" I said, then an interpreter translated it.

"Shin-kun wa honto ne kawaii!" they all said.

"They said, you're cute." said Baekhyun.

"Aww. Arigatou guzaimasu minna-san!" I said. Good thing I know some basic japanese sentences.

And now, we had prepared a special segment. Since it's Sehun's birthday today and it's our first time in Japan, the management allowed us to accept gifts.

We had some interview first. The members answered some questions regarding our group.

"So how do you feel about your soon-to-be official member Shin? Since he will debut along with your comeback, does he lives with all of you now?" the interviewer asked.

"Yes. I even agreed to transfer to Kris and Chen's room so he can share room with our precious Sehun since they are the youngest among all of us." Suho hyung answered.

"What do you think of Sehun, Shin?"

"Uhm honestly, I feel shy and afraid to approach him first because he's so snobbish. He even ran away because he doesn't want to share rooms with me." I said, making the other members laugh.

"And why is that? Sehun-ssi?"

"Well, at first, I found him so intimidating because he's so kind and he can easily please others. I felt a little jealous because of that but then, as time move shiftly, I began to enjoy his company." Sehun said.

"What about you? Shin-ah?"

"Me too and I'm so thankfull that I met them." I said.

"Okay, that was nice. Now let's see. I think someone has forgotten something." the interviewer said.

Luhan and Chen secretly went backstage to get the cake.

"Saengil chukhahamnida... saengil chukhahamnida.." the members sang together just by the moment Luhan and Chen entered back the stage pushing a cart (guerridon) with his cake on it.

"Saranghaneun Sehunnie, saengil chukhahamnida."

"Otanjoubi omedetou!" the fans shouted all together.

 

 

Translations:

(For Korean words)

Ne - Yes

Aigoo - Oh my gosh

Kyeopta - Cute

Daebak - amazing/awesome

Eotteohke - What to do/ What should I do

Saengil Chukhahamnida - Happy Birthday

(For Japanese/Nihonggo)

Otanjoubi omedetou - Happy Birthday

Arigatou guzaumasu - Thank you very much

Minna - Everyone

Shin-kun wa honto ne kawaii - Shin is very cute

Irrashaimase - Welcome

 

Annyeonghaseyo~!

Please interact with me! Tell me your thoughts about this story. It'll be super fun this way!

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With love, Melli ♥