Same Face

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)
/* Author's Note:
Annyeonghaseyo, Melli imnida ;)
I just want to remind all of you that this story might include some typographical and grammatical errors. English isn't my first language, just so you know.
I would highly appreciate if you'd leave some comments. I hope you like my story.*/

CHAPTER ONE:

It was a very fine weather to have an exercise with Cheonsa. It has been a week since the last time I took him for a walk. He must be super bored now that's why I took him outside for a little stroll.

Cheonsa is my one and only family. He's a Siberian husky. I already have him since I was 8 years old. At that time, he's still a baby. But now, he has grown too big.

"So where are we supposed to go next, Cheonsa? Don't you think it's time for us to go home? Huh?" I said as I touch and pull Cheonsa's cute ears.

I really like talking to animals. It feels like they're the only creature in the world that could understand me.

Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Lee Shin Mei but people usually call me Barbie. Kinda lame nickname, right? But they said that it's because of my pale skin, slightly rounded eyes and small pink lips which makes me look like a doll that's why they named me after the famous doll on the planet; BARBIE. I know, it kinda sound lame but it's not really bad to be known for something as cool as that. I grew up in an orphanage. It has been said that a man gave me away with a necklace. A necklace with letters 'L', 'S', and 'M' in it. So they named me after those initials.

After a few more years, I found out that Lee Soo Man is my grandfather. How did I know? Long story short, the person who took care of me told me. Her name is Sister Jemma. When I asked her why he gave me away, she said she didn't know. So that's when I just assumed to myself that they didn't want me or something. But Sister Jemma kept on telling me, "Every question has their own answers." She told me that it isn't bad if I try to find them and ask all the questions that I had in my mind. I disagreed, of course.

Why would I try to find them when they had given me away in the first place? Why would I want them in my life when they didn't want me to be a part of their life in the first place?

If they can live without me, then so do I.

Augh, enough drama! I hate drama. It's so dramatic. (A/N: This line is from one of the films I grew up with— Another Cinderella Story starring Selena Gomez. "I love drama, it's so dramatic." I just changed it a little bit according to the concept. Lol, whatever.)

My family had been my inspiration. Not in a good way, I think? I promised myself that I'll do my best to succeed someday. I'll make them regret that they gave me away. Now, I'm living all by myself along with my best friend-slash-pet, Cheonsa. I've been working part- time in a store. A guitar store.

"Ah, it's getting late now, Cheonsa. Let's go home." I said as I put my hoodie on, covering my long hair and stood up.

"Kaja! Cheonsa!"

All of a sudden, a man wearing a black suit walked towards our direction.

"Shin! What are you doing here? I told you! There's no way you can back out now! You need to sign the contract tomorrow! You have to do this!" he said, shaking my shoulders.

How did he know my name? What the hell is he talking about?

"I don't know what you're talking about! Do I know you?" I said.

"You can't run away from this, Shin! Please come back! SMEnt would be so much humiliated if you back out!" he cried.

SMEnt? Is that the company that my grandfather Lee Soo Man runs?

"Wait, you're working on SMEnt?" I asked.

He looked so confuse all of a sudden.

"Omo, I'm so sorry! I thought you were Shin—whoa, what the actual f—you actually look alike! Like a lot like! Except that you look more girly. You actually look so beautiful." he said then quickly pulled away from me.

He bowed multiple times as an apology. I told him it's alright and he quickly walked away.

I felt a little flattered about what he said but all of a sudden, I felt a little kind of interested to that SMEnt. To Lee Soo Man, actually. Sister Jemma is right. It's not bad if I look for him, right? I mean, the opportunity is already in front of me. I'm just going to have to grab it. Plus, he can answer my questions. My questions about my parents.

"Where am I going to find you, Shin? Gahd, I'm so DEAD!" the man kept on blabbering as he walks.

I stared at him for a moment there, waiting for him to do something. Then all of a sudden, he jumped as if he finally have an idea what to do.

Then suddenly, he ran towards me.

"Please help me!" he begged.

"What? But how? How can I help you?" I asked.

"Please pretend to be Shin!" he said.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.

"But..."

"Please just help me! I can't find him and I can't go to SM Entertainment without him! I really don't know what to do!" he cried.

"But..."

What am I going to do? Should I give this a try? This is a very good opportunity but I don't really know what to tell him.

"Alright. I'll help you, but in one condition." I managed to reckon.

"Fine. What is it?" he said.

"I need to talk to Lee Soo Man. I really need to talk to him." I demanded.

"But why do you want to talk to him?" he asked.

"Because he's the only one who can help me find my parents." I answered.

"Huh? I don't get it." he said.

"He's my grandfather." I confessed.

"WHAT? What are the odds?" he exclaimed, looking extremely shocked.

"I don't want him to know that I'm his granddaughter. He gave me away, maybe because he doesn't want me in their life. But who knows? Maybe my parents do!" I explained.

He stayed silent for a minute.

"Arasseo." he mumbled.

"But Lee Soo Man isn't basically the owner of SMent. Just so you know." he continued.

"Huh?" I said.

"The current CEO of SMent is Kim Young Min. Soo Man is just one of the producer of SMent. He's not the owner of SMent but I think I can still help you with your problem regarding him." he said.

(Author's note: Okay, okay. I dunno if it's true or not. I just looked it up on Google. But hey, this is just a fan fiction so no need for it to be really true 😁)

Is that so?

"Arasseo. So are we having a deal now?" I said.

"Deal" he agreed.

After talking about the 'deal' we stayed for a little more in the park to talk about each other. It's kinda lame, actually. You know, like getting to know each other? Just kidding.

"Ah. So your name is also Shin? Wow, really, what a freaking coincidence." he said.

"Yes. But his name is just Shin. Mine is Shin Mei. Lee Shin Mei." I clarified.

"Oh. And you actually look like a doll. Are you sure you haven't gone into facial surgeries?" he asked.

"You know it's bothersome if people ask questions like that, right?" I told him, giving a quite annoyed look.

"Oops, sorry. But really, you could really pass as an idol." he mumbled.

"Thanks. Almost everybody tells me that." I sheepishly said.

We had a good ten seconds of awkward silence.

"How about you? What am I gonna call you?" I finally managed to ask.

"Just call me Manager Hyung. Ok?" he said.

"What? But why 'Manager Hyung'? Should I call you 'Manage Oppa' instead?" I corrected.

"Of course, not. You're gonna be pretending as Shin, which is a boy. Okay? So call me Manager Hyung. End of discussion." I was the one who got corrected. Sigh.

Whoever that Shin guy is, I'll cut him open for this! I don't care if we look alike, or we have the same name. I certainly hate him for dragging me into this.

But hey, let's just look at the bright side, shall we? You'll be able to talk to Lee Soo Man and find out about your parents soon.

At least that's what I told myself.

"Fine." I gave up.

"Don't worry, as soon as I find the true Shin, I'll help you with your problem. Okay?" he said.

"Okay."

So yeah, after that, we agreed to exchange numbers and meet the next day to plan things out. I'm not really sure about this thing, I mean mess, which I went in. But I swear, I hope it could help me.

Gahd, just please. Don't let us get found out because if we did, I wouldn't be able to find my parents.

I'll never be able to find them.

 

 

 

- - - - - - - -

Translations:

Annyeonghaseyo! - Hello! /Hi!

Kaja -Let's go 

Arasseo - I understand

Omo - Goodness!, Oh my God!

Hyung – term for 'older brother', used by males only. Not limited to blood-related people though.

Oppa – term for 'older brother', used by females only. Not limited to blood-related people as well.

**Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

/*안녕하세요 칭구!
First of all, if you're reading this, thank you (repeat till fade). I never knew someone would be interested in my story. You don't know how much it means to me ♥ //le cries a Han River.
Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, feel free to send me a message. I'll try my best to catch up.
Again, thank you so much and please don't get sick, bored or tired of reading my story! 사랑해요!
With love, TheAnnoyingMelli*/