Kai + Shin = KaiShin

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

 

CHAPTER TWELVE:

SHIN's POV

The next day, I woke up and saw Sehun still lying on his bed. I walked towards him and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Sehun-ya. Wake up. Wake up!" I said as I tap his right foot.

"Shireo... Get off my bed.." he said, then kicked me off the bed.

"Aww! You're so bad!" I yelled.

I climbed on his bed and rested my head on his back.

"Sehun-ya. Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaannn?" I sing-sang on his ear.

"Yahh. Do you wanna build a snowmaaann, come on let's go and playyyy..." I sang again.

He then, flipped his body around and wrapped his arms around me. Our bodies are facing each other.

"You wanna play?" he said, only one eye opened.

I felt blood rushed into my cheeks, making it red. I turned away to hide my blushing face but he placed his thumb and index finger on my chin and turned my face back to him. Our face were only a few inch away from each other.

"Why is your face turning into light shade of red? In other words, why are you blushing?" he smirked.

I couldn't speak. I just stared at him for almost a minute. This is the first time I've seen his face THIS close.

He's flawless.

All of a sudden, he grabbed the thick covers of his bed and wrapped it to my whole body and secured it like a coccoon. I tried my best to let go but I cant. The cover is too tight. Then he carried me out of our room with my stomach on his shoulder and my face facing his back.

The other boys were already at the dining room, having their breakfast.

"Hey, put on a shirt! You're so thin." said Suho as he throw some shirt on Sehun's face.

"Ahaha! What's going on?" asked Kai.

"He said he wanted to build a snowman that's why I turned him into one." he said.

He put me down on the couch but I was still unable to move.

"Hey! What's up now? SNOWMAAANN?" he teased.

The other members stared at me as I threw a tantrum. I pouted my lips and furrowed my eyebrows. Unfortunately, they all just laughed at me and watched me as if I was some kind of Comedy Show.

"Alright, lemme help you with that. Poor Shin" said Kai as he walked towards me and unwrapped the covers from my body.

Suddenly, Manager Hyung walked in, holding a piece of paper with his phone to his ear.

"Guys, we need to be at the SM Building before 10am so get yourselves ready, okay?" Manager Hyung said.

"And boys, let me remind you that on the next day, EXO-M will be flying to China. They're going to promote your newest album there. We've discussed it already during our meeting with Chairman, right?" he added.

We all nodded.

"I'll pick you up at 9:45am, okay?" said Manager Hyung.

Manager Hyung left and we all went to the dining hall to have our breakfast.

"Yeah, so aside from rehearsals, we dont have any schedules today. Thank goodness." Sehun beamed.

"Do you have any plans for today guys?" asked Baekhyun.

All of them started to chatter to each other randomly that I couldn't understand what they're talking about so I just sat quietly and focused on my food.

"What about you? Shin?" asked Chanyeol.

"Uh what about what?" I asked, not having any idea what they're talking about.

"What are your plans for today?" he answered.

"Uhh. I guess, I'll just hang out with Cheonsa again. I'll take him out for a walk later." I said.

"Well then! Why dont you just join me?" Kai suggested.

"I'm going to see my dogs later on." he added.

"If that's okay with you, then okay, I'll join you." I said, giving him a smile.

"And we just had a pet-lover couple here! KaiShin." Baekhyun announced, pointing his fingers to us.

All the members let out an awww then laughed later on. Except for Sehun and Kris, who gagged instead.

"What's wrong with you two?" asked Suho hyung.

Kris shrugged reaching out his hand as Tao handed him a glass of water.

"Nothing..*cough*" Sehun choked as he slapped the table hard for a couple of times. Luhan patted his back a couple times as he reach out for water.

"Someone must've remembered me all of a sudden." said Kris, as he recovered from choking.

"Same here." said Sehun.

After breakfast, I went to change my clothes. I locked the bathroom door and hurried up.

After getting ourselves ready, we all waited for Manager Hyung to pick us up. After almost 15minutes, he arrived and picked us up to SM Building.

We practiced for almost an hour. We had a lunch break and we just ordered a seasoned chicken. After that, we went back to practice again.

This is our daily routine: Wake up. Breakfast. Go to practice. Lunch break. Go back to practice. Go home. Sleep. Wake up again and so on.

We also have plenty of live performances to go.

After a very tiring day, we went home and had dinner. We stayed a little more inside the dorm. We watched movies, played rock-paper-scissors and did alot of stuffs. Some were sleeping. Some were hanging out beside the fridge and eating ice cream.

Meanwhile, I went to check on Cheonsa. I walked towards him, holding a bowl of dog food and a bottle of watter.

"Here. I know you're hungry." I said, kneeling down to place the bowl infront of him.

"Do you want water? Here, I'll give you some." I said, literally talking to him.

I watched Cheonsa as he eat the food I gave to him. From there, I started talking to him. Again.

"I'm so glad that my debut had been successful. You know what, I can feel that I'm getting closer on finding my long lost brother. Don't you think so?" I said.

"You think so, too?! That's great!" I gladly said, lifting one of Cheonsa's arms to give him a high-five.

"Dont you worry, Cheonsa. Even if I find him, I'll never forget you." I assured.

"He's my Oppa but you'll always be my Aegi! Arasseo?" I said.

I leaned my face closer to give him a kiss on his forehead.

"Wow, you two seems so close to each other." I heard a voice from behind. It was Kai.

"Uh yeah. He's like my namdongsaeng." I said.

"Namdongsaeng." he muttered.

"Yeah, if only he's a human." I joked.

"You know what, you're so cute especially when you talk to animals." he said.

Hearing him said those things made me feel like bloods are rushing to my cheeks. So I immediately turned my face away. Gahd, Please dont let me blush. They'll think I'm not straight if they saw me blushed. Well, I'm straight... straight girl, I mentally sighed.

"Are you blushing?" he jokingly asked.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Why would I?" I denied.

"Just kidding." he laughed.

We had a minute of silence there. I dont really know what to say. It feels like, whenever he's around, I get so speechless.

"I wish I can also bring my dogs here." Kai sighed.

"Hm?" I mumbled.

"I cant bring them here because they're too loud. I'm also afraid that if I let them live here, I wouldn't be able to take care of them because of my schedule." he said.

"Oh I see." I mumbled.

"You know what, Cheonsa is so lucky to have you." he said.

"Really?"

"Even though you're becoming busy now, you still have a time for him. I wish I could be like that." he said.

I looked at him. Looks like he really miss his dogs so much. He must be very lonely. I understand because I'm a pet lover too.

Suddenly, his phone rang.

"Noona is calling." he said.

I nodded as he stood up and answer his phone. He walked away but promised that he'll be back.

After almost an hour, he went back to the balcony carrying three toy poodles.

"Everyone meet Cheonsa and Shin." he said.

"How cute!" I said.

"Why did our house turned into a zoo all of a sudden?" said Baekhyun as he walked into the balcony, too.

Some of the other members went to the balcony and watched us.

"You two look so cute together." said Suho.

"We need to go. I think Jjanga is so excited to get out." said Kai.

"We'll be back before dinner!" I said.

 

SEHUN's POV

"Sehun-ah, you look like you just got busted." said Luhan hyung.

"Busted, huh?" I hissed.

"Anyway, Lay, Chen, Umin and I will go out for basketball later on. Wanna come with us?" he invited.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay here." I shrugged.

"Oh, okay. I'll buy you bubble tea when we get back." he said, patting my head.

I went back to our room and I let myself collapse on my bed.

"Augh! Sehun-ah, what's wrong with you?"

I stared blankly at Shin's bed for almost half an hour. Bored as hell, I stood up from my bed and went out of the room to check the other members. I checked every corner of the house only to find out that they're all out.

"Augh, I wonder what they're doing right now."

I went to the fridge to get some water.

"Tsk, that's it. I'm going to follow them." I said.

I went outside. It's already past 9pm. I saw Luhan, Chen, Xiumin and Lay riding a bicycle by the Han River. Chanyeol, Kris, Baekhyun and Tao are out to eat in the Hongdae area. D.O is out with Suho hyung somewhere to watch movies.

Meanwhile, I saw this two pet lovers hanging out on a bench nearby Han River.

I stood up frozen not knowing what to do.

Should I join them or just watch them? I asked myself.

There's this urge right inside of me that wants to walk towards them.

There's something that tells me that I should snatch Shin away from Kai.

Is it jealousy?

"Me? Jealous? Why would I? Ha! What am I? A gay?" I ranted, more to myself.

Suddenly, I saw a girl walked towards them.

 

SHIN's POV

We stopped by on a bench to take a break from walking. Suddenly, a girl walked towards us and stood in front of us. Kai quickly hid his face by putting his hoodie on.

"Shinyoo?" said the girl.

"That's me. Do I know you?" I asked.

"It's me. Your sister's bestfriend, Soo Jin." she said.

My eyes widened and I automatically stood up from my seat.

"I'm sorry! I didn't recognized you!" I said.

Kai looked up to us, confused.

"Do you know her?" he asked.

"Yes. Uhm, Kai, this is Soo Jin. Soo Jin, this is Kai." I introduced.

"It's an honor to finally meet a huge star like you. I'm a very big fan of EXO." said Soo Jin.

Kai smiled.

"Anyway, I really need to talk to you. Privately." she said as she turned to me.

I looked at Kai. He looked back at me and smiled.

"I think it's something important so I'll just go home first. Dont worry, I'll take care of Cheonsa." he said.

I nodded as he walked away.

"What is it?" I asked Soo Jin.

"It's about Sister Jemma." she said.

"Actually, I think I knew that already." I said.

"Knew what?"

"The news about Sister Jemma." I said.

"But the only person I told about this was your sister, Shin Mei." she said.

"That's the point. I'm not Shinyoo." I pointed out.

"What? Shin Mei? Is that you?" she looked surprised and confused.

"Yes. I'm just pretending as my brother because he ran away. I have to do this. They shouldn't find out that I'm a girl pretending as a guy." I said.

"Is that true?" she asked.

"Yes. That's why I need you to be quiet. No one should know about this." I demanded.

"Of course. I'm your bestfriend, remember?" she smiled.

I smiled in return then gave her a hug.

"Thanks." I said.

We exchanged our numbers and agreed to just meet some other time.

I went back home quickly.

 

SEHUN's POV

"They shouldn't find out that I'm a girl pretending to be a guy." he said.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Before I could react, I placed my hand on my mouth to prevent any voice from coming out.

Shin is a GIRL?!

Hearing those words, I felt completely betrayed. I can't believe he lied to me. I mean, I cant believe SHE lied to me.

I ran away as quick as I can. I returned to the dorm. I dashed into my room and locked it.

A few moments later, I heard some voices. Suddenly, the door knob moved as if someone's trying to open it.

"Ya! Sehun-ah! Open the door!" said Shin.

But I ignored it. I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. As I get out of the bathroom, I wore my bath robe and put a towel on my wet face. I can still hear Shin's knocking. I walked to the door and opened it.

"Owww!" he exclaimed as she stumbled to me.

I quickly closed the door and locked it. Not wanting anyone to disturb or even hear what we're going to talk about.

"What is wrong with you? You didn't have to lock the door. You should've locked the bathroom's door instead. Duh." she said.

I looked at her and she just gave me a puzzled look. More like, 'HELLO?!' look.

"Why didn't I noticed from the start?" I asked myself.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I know all, Shin. I know the truth now." I said.

"I dont get it." she rolled her eyes.

"You're a girl. Aren't you?" I said.

Her eyes widened and she frozed.

 

SHIN's POV

"You're a girl, aren't you?" he asked.

My eyes widened and I frozed from where I stand.

How did he find out about this?

"Answer me!" he exclaimed.

His eyes were glaring at me. His expression is so dark. Looking at him makes me feel instantly afraid.

"What are you talking about?" I denied, letting out a fake laugh.

"Dont deny it! I aready know the truth!" he said.

No. No one should find out that I'm a girl. Not now.

"Are you insulting me? Oh come on, hyung." I said.

He walked towards me and pushed to the wall.

"Tell me." he said.

"I... I..." I stuttered.

"Tell me, please!" he begged.

"I... yes. I'm a girl." I admitted.

All of a sudden, he punched the wall so hard that his hand turned red.

I never felt so afraid like this before. It's like I want to just disappear all of a sudden. I want to act weak so the Sehun I knew would go back. I want to cry so the Sehun, my favorite hyung, would touch my head and tell me "Uljima, you're still my favorite dongsaeng." But no, this is really different. I dont know if he would ever forgive me.

"Why? Why? Why did you lie to me? Why did you lie to us?" he said. His eyes were so dark. Tears continously flowing from his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to lie. I didn't mean to hide it from you! Please! Please believe me!" I hugged him as tight as I could. His hands are still on resting on the wall.

"How can I believe you when you lied to me?" he asked, face down.

"Please! Just please! Believe me!" I begged.

"If you want me to believe you then explain it to me. I dont and I cant understand it!" he said, tears still running through his eyes.

"The true Shin is my twin brother. He ran away before he could sign the contract. He told Manager Hyung that he didn't want to do it anymore. Manager Hyung saw me and he thought I was Shin. He begged me to help him. I wanted to find him too that's why I grabbed the oppurtunity." I explained.

"I see. In other words, you're an oppurtunist." he said coldly.

I looked down. Not knowing what should I do. Eotteohke? What should I do now?

"You dont understand. Just please, dont tell anyone. I promise, I'll leave as soon as I find my brother. He's the only one I'm holding on right now." I begged, tears started to blur my sight.

"Dont talk to me ever again." he said.

"But-"

"Why dont you just disappear already? JUST GO AWAY! I dont want to see your face anymore!"

Hearing those words, I felt like a vampire who had just been driven a stake through her heart. My heart ached and my knees weakened causing me to fall over the floor.

I tried my best to stand up and wipe my tears away. I walked out silently outside the room and went straight to the balcony to get Cheonsa. Then I went out of the house again.

 

 

Translations:

Aegi - Baby

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo~!
Please interact with me! Tell me your thoughts about this story. It'll be super fun this way!

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With love, Melli ♥