Childhood Friend, Fan Fan

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

"You're doing good today, Shin." said Manager Hyung.

Today, we're recording my songs for my solo album. Actually, I wasn't really sure if doing good. It's my first time to do recordings alone and I'm really nervous right now.

I'm sure, the M-hyungs had already boarded to their plane. They will be going to KMF and will be gone for a couple of days.

Today is also Tao's birthday but since they're going to L.A, we're not able to celebrate his birthday together.

"Kamsahamnida! You've worked hard for today!" we greeted each other as we finished.

We have finished recording a song for today. I felt so relieved. The time now, being exactly 3PM, Manager Hyung and I were already in his car, ready to go home. But before that, Manager Hyung decided to stop over a convinience store to buy some food for the K-hyungs.

"Stay here, okay? I'll be right back." told Manager Hyung.

I nodded and waited until Manager Hyung comes back.

I looked outside the tinted window and saw young girl, about 6 years old, walking alone along side of the street. She crossed the street all of a sudden without knowing that there's a car coming right after her. My eyes widened and I panicked. I instantly opened the door of Manager Hyung's car and ran after the young girl.

"Ya! Watch out!" I yelled.

All of a sudden, a flashback rushed into my mind.

 

FLASHBACK

"Oppa! Oppa!" I cried as I ran after them.

"No Shin Mei! Shin Yoo has to go! He has a new family now." Sister Jemma said.

I looked at my brother. Tears were continiously flowing from his eyes as he reach out his hand from the window of the car.

"Mei-ah! Mei-ah! Noooo! I dont wann--- MEI-AHHH!" he cried.

I ran as fast as I can, hoping that the car wpuld stop. But I was wrong.

"OPPA!"

I saw a very bright light coming to my way. Then suddenly...

*Crash!*

Everything went white.

End of Flashback

 

 

"SHIN!"

I heard a voice.

I opened my eyes and saw Sehun's worried face. He was sitting on my bed. I roamed my eyes around and noticed that I was already in my room. Manager Hyung was just sitting on a chair beside my bed.

"Wh..what happened? Where's the young girl? What am I doing here?" I asked, feeling a little dizzy.

"Ssshh, calm down Shin!" said Manager Hyung.

I tried to calm down and listened to them.

"Dont worry. The young girl that you rescued a while ago, she's alright now. I called Sehun just by the moment you fainted. Luckily, he got there so fast and we were able to bring you home. We couldn't bring you to the hospital so we just covered up what happened." Manager Hyung explained.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"The other hyungs are out to get you some food. I told them about what happened and that you weren't feeling well that's why they decided to buy you some food." said Sehun.

I see. So that's what happened.

Manager Hyung stood up from his seat. He told us that he'll be out for a while.

"Would you mind if you tell us why did you fainted?" asked Sehun.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened a while ago. Suddenly, a flashback came to my mind.

My life at the orphanage..

When I met Wu Fan..

When my brother cried for me as he leave the orphanage..

and..

the car accident..

"Shin?" I snapped back to reality when I heard Sehun's voice.

"Wu Fan?" I muttered.

"Wu Fan? You mean Kris?" he said.

My eyes widened, realizing that Wu Fan is actually Kris's real name. Wu Yi Fan, that is.

That's right. The reason why I didn't know I have a brother is because I've been in a car accident just after oppa had been adopted. The car accident caused me to have amnesia.

All of the memories before the accident, the all came back.

So the young boy that I met when I was young is Kris?

"What's wrong with Kris?" asked Sehun.

"Ahh. Nothing." I said.

A few more moments later, the K-hyungs were already home. I jumped off my bed and went out of the room to greet them. They're carrying some fruits and a lot of flowers.

"Why is there so much fruits and flowers?" I asked.

"Manager Hyung and Sehunnie told us about what happened and that you're feeling unwell that's why we brought you some fruits." said Suho hyung.

"And the flowers? They are from the fans. They found out about how you rescued the young girl. They're all amazed about how brave you are. They even said that you're their superhero." said Chanyeol.

"Yeah! I'm so proud of our baby Shin!" Baekhyun cheered as he rushed towards me and gave me a huge bear hug.

"Our dorm looks like a garden now." said Kai.

"Yeah. You're right." I agreed.

"Come on, let me peel some tangerines for you." said Baekhyun.

We all went to the kitchen to settle and peel some fruits for us to eat. We all sat down by the table and ate the fruits.

We were enjoy our foodtrip together when Manager Hyung rushed into the kitchen all of a sudden.

"Shin! You need to see this." he said, holding the TV remote.

He pulled me to the living room.

Korea's Modern Superhero: SHIN
It has been reported that the 13th member of the huge boy group EXO, Shin, saved a young girl from a car while crossing a street somewhere in Donsandaero. Despite of being famous, he didn't worry that the fans might see him. He went straight out of his Manager's car and ran to save the child instead...

 

Seriously?

I was actually on the headline of a certain news forecast. The incident a while ago was already all over the news.

"Wow. Korea's Modern Superhero, huh? That was sick! DAEBAK SHIN! DAEBAK!" said Baekhyun.

"Since when did you become Korea's Modern Superhero?" asked Sehun.

"Wow, look. There are so many fans on the front of SM Building and they're all cheering for Shin." said Suho.

"SHIN is our SUPERHERO! SHIN is our SUPERHERO!" Baekhyun cheered as he mimicked the fans' chant.

"But seriously, Shin, what came to your mind during that incident?" asked Kai.

"Yeah. Didn't you realized that the car might actually hit both of you if it didn't stop?!" asked D.O.

"Aniyo. Actually, I didn't think of anything else except for saving the child." I said.

My oppa.

Suddenly, I just missed my oppa.

I was so preoccupied about my memories that I didn't even noticed that I was already crying.

"Shin, are you alright?" asked D.O.

"Huh? Uh, of course." I ssid, wiping off my tears.

"Augh, enough drama, okay? Let's just continue eating. I'm really hungry right now." said Baekhyun.

Right.

We all returned to the kitchen and continued eating the fruits that the hyungs brought.

After that, we all watched movies. I sat beside Sehun and Baekhyun. I rested my back on the couch as I grabbed some pillow and hugged it. Half way through the movie, I felt Baekhyun's head slowly leaning on my shoulder. I looked at him and he's already asleep. I grabbed his head and put it on my shoulder but Sehun shove it off.

"Oww.." Baekhyun muttered.

"Oh mianhae hyung." I whispered, patting his head.

I gave Sehun a glare and nudged him on his side. He just stared at me and stuck out his tongue to me. He then leaned closer to me and put his head on my shoulder.

The next thing I knew, I was already lying down on my bed. I opened my eyes and saw Sehun kneeling down beside the side table and leaning his face close to me. His lips was forming a smirk.

"You're so cute specially when you sleep. You look like a kitten." he said.

I gave him a pout.

"Alright. Goodnight now." he whispered as he plant a kiss on my forehead.

I felt like it was Sister Jemma who kissed me on the forehead. She used to do that to me before I sleep so I can have sweet dreams.

"Goodnight." I said.

The next day passed out like blur. My recording was a mess and I dont even know why. I feel like I'm choking everytime.

The rest of the day went on just like that. Manager Hyung asked what's wrong and I told him that I'm alright.

"Are you really sure you're alright?" asked Manager Hyung as he started the engine.

Manager Hyung asked the producers if we could just continue recording the next day because I wasn't really feeling well. They told us that it's alright.

"Shin? I said, are you really alright?" he said as he waved his hand in front of my face.

I snapped back and nodded. I gave him a weak smile and looked away. He started to pull out to the parking lot and started driving.

"You've been weird since the car incident." he reckoned.

"Really?" I said.

He left out an 'uh-huh' and continued to drive.

"I really dont know. I didn't know I had amnesia when I was young." I said.

"Amnesia? Really?" he said, eyes on the road.

"Yes. That's why I didn't know I have a brother. Sister Jemma didn't tell me about that. But now I know." I said.

"So did you.. find out something new?" asked Manager Hyung.

"Not at all.." I said.

Only the fact that Kris was actually my childhood friend. We were so close back then but now, he's changed a lot.

The old friendly FanFan turned into a cold city guy Kris.

"My brother's face... from that moment when he's about to leave me... I just cant take it out of my mind. He was crying.. and reaching out for me." I said.

"You miss him so much, don't you?" he asked.

I nodded.

The week passed out so fast like a blink of an eye. We went to the airport because the M-hyungs have already came back from L.A. We went at the VIP lounge and waited there.

"Oh look! Here they are!" Chanyeol called out.

They all ran towards us. We all pulled out a huge group hug. We hugged each other as if we didn't see each other for 365 years. Kris walked towards me and said 'Hi' but I felt awkward all of a sudden causing me to look away.

We all headed out of the airport and crowded ourselves into our van, preparing to go home.

"Ahh. I'm so tired." said Luhan hyung who was sitting between Xiumin and Sehun.

"Where's my bubble tea, hyung?" Sehun whined.

He didn't get any response. He looked at his side and saw Luhan already asleep with his head on Sehun's shoulder and arms linking with Xiumin who's sleeping as well.

"So sad, we weren't able to celebrate Tao's birthday altogether." said Suho.

"It's alright! Kris hyung bought me a new Gucci sunglasses though!" Tao cheered holding his Baby.

Remember the stuffed animal that he and Kris bought together? Eureongie and Baby? Yeah, that's it.

I looked at Kris. He's at the front row seat of the van together with Tao. Suho and Lay at the opposite side.

"It's Baek's birthday tomorrow. My mom will be throwing a party for him." said Chanyeol as Baekhyun nods.

"Really? I can't wait!" said Chen.

"I know right!" said Baekhyun.

I stayed quiet during the whole drive. I really dont know what's happening to me. I couldn't help but to look at Kris every minute.

We all arrived at our dorm. We went inside and rested to the living room. The other hyungs continued to chatter. I covered my face with some pillows and closed my eyes.

All of a sudden, I felt someone pushed the pillow against my face causing me to have breathing difficulties.

I tried to move my feet and kicked the person in front of me. I removed the pillow on my face and heard an 'Oww'.

"Oh I'm sorry!" I apologized.

I was completely shocked when I saw Kris holding his lower part of the body and lying down the carpeted floor while crying out in pain.

Oops, my bad. I didn't realized that it was HIM. I didn't mean to kick his, you know, THAT part of his body.

The other hyungs were laughing their @sses off because of what happened to Kris hyung.

"Ha! That's what you get Kris hyung! Remember, never mess with the Korean Modern Superhero, arasseo?" said Baekhyun.

"KOREAN MODERN SUPERHERO?!" the M-hyungs exclaimed.

"Yes! That's our one and only SHIN!" Baekhyun cheered.

"Haven't you heard the news?" asked Chanyeol.

"National Television named our Shin as the Korean Modern Superhero because of the car incident in Dosandaero area." Suho hyung explained.

"Ah I see. I saw that article in allkpop." said Luhan.

"Daebak! Shin!" said Chen, giving me two thumbs up.

"Oh I know! I'm gonna teach you some martial arts and wushu techniques!" said Tao.

"That's cool!" Baekhyun said.

All of the hyungs laughed. After a few moments, they all became quiet as they look at me.

"Hey, are you alright?" asked Baekhyun.

I nodded.

"You'be been acting so weird since the car incident." said Sehun.

"Should I call Manager Hyung?" asked Kai.

"No need to call. He's out to take care of some things. He'll be here soon enough." said D.O.

I gave them a weak smile as I got up from the couch and walked straight to my room.

Sehun's POV

It .

It to see her like that. She had been acting so weird lately. Is she sick? I'm getting so worried about her.

"Luhan hyung, thank you for this bubble tea." I said.

"Sure Sehunnie~! Anything just for you." said Luhan hyung with a smile.

"I wonder what happened to Shin. Maybe he's just being pressurized by a lot of things." said Luhan.

"Yes, poor Shin." said Chen.

"It's my birthday tomorrow and I dont want him to be sad. I hope he'll be alright soon." said Baekhyun.

"Sehun-ah, I think you should talk to him. You're the one who's closest to him. I'm sure he'll open up for you if you talk to him." said Chanyeol.

Yeah right.

I should talk to her since I'm the closest one to her among the other members.

 

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo.

Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter. Sorry if it's kinda boringPlease bear with me π_π Advance happy birthday to me and to Baekyun <3

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With Love, TMB.*/