Let's Get Closer

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER TWENTY:

SHIN's POV

My eyes widened when I heard my name, I mean, my real name.

"Shin Mei?" Kris said causing the other hyung to turn their attention to him.

Gahd, this is why I hate to dress up as a girl. I'm afraid that someone might recognize me.

Now, what should I do?

Just deny it right away, Okay?

Right. DENY. DENY.

I'll just tell him that I look like Shin Mei because I'm her twin. Yeah, that's better.

"Ahh. I'm sorry. I was just surprised." said Kris.

We all dressed back to our original clothes and prepared to go home. We all got inside the van but they're still talking about me, SHIN MEI.

"But.. who is that Shin Mei, hyung?" asked Baekhyun.

"Yeah, and why did you shout when you saw Shin?" asked Kai.

"Uhh.."

I closed my eyes and prepared myself for whatever the answer will be. Gahd, please save me.

"Because she's Shin's twin sister and they really look alike." he said.

The eyes of the other hyungs widened as they turn their heads to me.

"Is that true?" they asked me.

I nodded then looked away. I saw them slightly turn their face away and I took a deep sigh.

"Huh? But.. but how did you know it hyung?" asked Tao.

"It's because his twin sister used to be one of my closest friend. I met them in an orphanage and became friends with his sister." he answered.

The other members turned their heads to me again and gave me a very suspisious looks.

"But Shin, why didn't you mention it to us?" asked Chanyeol.

I tried to think of an acceptable reason. I tried to think what would my brother say if he's really here.

I tried to think of the best answer but I cant. I came up with a lame one instead.

"Huh? Well, because.. I.. I forgot.. plus.. Kris and I aren't really close with each other.." I answered.

"Ahh.." they chorused.

I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. Gahd, I hope they could just drop that subject.

The next day, I had to continue my recording so I told the other hyungs that I'll just catch up to them when I'm done. Sehun did the same thing. He told the other hyungs that he'll just catch up later because he wanted to watch me while recording.

Bestfriend indeed.

We're here at the studio and we're about to start the recording. I put on the headset and the music began to play.

The beginning of the recording went fine unlike these past few days.

"What if Kris find out that you really are Shin Mei, what would you do?" asked Sehun.

"Dont worry, he wont." I said then gave him a wink.

"What would you do if you find out that Kris likes Shin Mei, are you going to tell him your secret? Are you going to reveal yourself?" he asked again.

That made me think. Yeah, what would I do if that happens?

But..

Kris and Yoo Hye Na, they've been together, right?

I'm sure Kris still has feeling for her. She's pretty, nice, talented, famous, rich.. while me.. I'm just a simple girl who came from an orphanage. A girl who has been given away. A girl who had lost her brother. A girl.. pretending as a guy.

"Nah, that's impossible. I promise, before he could find out, my brother is already here." I said.

" Tss, I hope so." he said.

We left the recording studio and headed to the filming site. It was in the woods. I saw the other members gathering around a table and playing arm wrestling. Sehun and I walked towards them and joined their company.

"Ya, how was the recording?" asked Suho.

"It went-".

Sehun interrupted before I could totally speak.

"-LIKE A CATHASTROPHE." said Sehun.

"What? Are you serious?" Suho hyung's eyes widened all of a sudden.

I shove Sehun's face right away and hit his arm.

"Of course, not! Suho hyung, please dont listen to this Pabo Hyung, arasseo?" I said.

Suho hyung laughed.

"Alright. Alright. I wont." he said.

"By the way, how was the shooting?" I managed to ask.

"Uh, well as you can see, Kris and Yoo Hye Na-ssi are getting comfortable with each other." said Baekhyun.

"Yeah, just look at the two of them." said Chanyeol.

I looked at our side and saw Kris getting along with Yoo Hye Na. He was sitting on a chair while Yoo Hye Na is standing in his front. They're holding hands and it looks like they're having a very serious yet sweet conversation.

Yoo Hye Na looks so happy. I can see it from her eyes while Kris was, as usual, wearing the cold expression he usually has. But he's still looking at her. I hated to admit it but...

They look so good together.

My heart ached just by thinking of that thing. I feel like I'm going to cry whenever I see them together.

I wish that was me.

"Look at them, aren't they so good together?" Sehun whispered as he nudge me.

"Shut up Oh Sehun." I said then immediately walked out.

I told the other hyungs that I'll just take a walk far from the site for a while. I saw a bench from afar and I immediately walked towards it.

"and when you're with him.. I'm breaking.. oh how I wish.. that was me.." I sang.

Suddenly, I heard someone clapped.

"Jjang~!" I heard a familiar voice.

It was Kai.

I rolled my eyes upon seeing him. Seriously, is he following me?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Nothing. I dont know. I saw you walked out so I told the other hyungs that I'm gonna follow you." he said as he walks towards me.

"I see." I nodded.

"I heard you sang a while ago. Jjang! That was daebak." he said, giving me two thumbs up.

"Really? I thought my voice wasn't that good." I said.

"Believe me, it was. But seriously, why are you singing an English song? Are you fluent in English?" he asked.

"Huh? No, actually it's because I've worked on a guitar store before and I used to sing and play guitar during the time of my duty." I said.

"Oh, so where did you learn how to play a guitar?" he asked.

I felt like we're having an interview session right now.

"I learned it online and most of the songs that I listened to are EPOP songs. English POP." I said.

"Huh? Jinjja? That was.. awesome. Can you sing another song for me?" he requested.

I gave him a sarcastic look.

"But.. what should I sing?" I asked.

"Hmm, anything! I dont really know some English songs. Sehun does, since Justin Bieber is one of the artist he idolizes." he said.

(A/N: I'm not sure of this part. I made it up ㅋㅋㅋ since I dont really know if JB is one of Sese's idol. No hate, though!)

 

"Alright then, I'm going to sing a Bieber song." I said.

I gulped and took a deep sigh. Here we go.

"That should be me, holding your hand~ that should be me, making you laugh~ that should be me, this is so sad~ that should be me, that should be me.." I sang.

"Ha! You're good. You're good." he said, giving me a round of applause.

"Thanks." I sheepishly said.

We went back to the filming site and saw the other hyungs packing up already.

"Kai! Shin! Where have you been? We've been looking for you!" said Suho hyung.

"Uhh we went out for a little walk." Kai answered.

I nodded in agreement.

"Why are you packing up already?" I asked.

"They told us that they're going to change the location. They're going to shoot different scene." said Chanyeol.

"Is that so?" I said, then joined the other members while they're packing up.

The days went by like a blur. Everytime I see Kris, my heart always beat so loud and so fast. Everytime he's with Yoo Hye Na, my heart aches. I feel like I cant breath.

It's the last day of my recording and also, the last second day of their filming.

"You did a great job, Shin! You're so amazing!" said the staffs at the recording studio.

"Come on, let's go. The other members are waiting for you." said Manager Hyung.

We went to the car and drove to the filming site right away.

I saw Kris and Yoo Hye Na first thing.

They're talking. It seemed so serious. I stared at them not realizing that Kris was already staring back to me. I quickly looked away.

"Hey, what's up? How's the last day of recording?" asked Suho hyung as he tapped my shoulder.

"It was great." I answered.

"I know you'd do great." Baekhyun chimed in.

They all praised me and told me that they knew I'd do great at recording. I gave them a weak smile.

The filming went on well. I watched them as they act and say their lines. Kris is a great actor. He delivered his line well.

"I'm sorry but I can't... I can't love you.." he said.

I watched Yoo Hye Na as a tear escape her eyes. She looked sad.

"But why? Why can't you love me?" she asked, crying.

"Because.. I'm already.. inlove with someone else." Kris answered, then he looked at me.

Yoo Hye Na looked at my direction and widened her eyes the moment she saw me.

She turned to Kris and walked towards him. She grabbed Kris's head and kissed him. Kris got shocked at first but then he let her kiss him.

It was a part of the script though.

My eyes widened and my heartbeat went faster.

I didn't know what to do.

At that moment, I felt like I wanted to snatch him away from her. I felt like I just wanted to hug him all of a sudden. I wanted to reveal my true identity to him so he'll remember me.

But I cant.

"Cut!" the director shouted.

I felt relieved after hearing the director's voice.

The other hyungs gave the two of them a round of applause.

"Up until now, I still can't believe you have a talent on acting, Kris gege." said Suho.

"Yeah. I felt more determined after watching Duizhang! Hyung, I want to make a movie with you in the fufure!" Tao excitedly said.

Kris gave him a smile and patted his head. Meanwhile, I stood there frozen not knowing what to do.

"G..good job.." I stuttered.

"Thanks." he smiled and I felt blood rushed into my cheeks.

Suddenly, Yoo Hye Na walked towards us and grabbed Kris's arms.

"Oppa, I need to talk to you." she said.

Kris turned to face her. He turned his head back to us and said that he'll come back shortly. I saw Yoo Hye Na looked at me and secretly gave me a smirk. The other hyungs nodded and went to find anything they could play.

"I'll just go to the wash room." I lied.

I was actually going to follow them. I really dont know why I'm doing this. Is it because of jealousy?

I shrugged.

Then why am I doing this? I asked myself then I took a deep sigh.

Ne.. I hate to admit but I think I'm jealous. Yeah, that's how I like Kris so much.

I followed them up to the fire exit. They went down one the stares and started to talk. I hid myself so they wouldn't see me.

"Is that true? Or just acting? Oppa! Please tell me! Do you really have someone else now?" she asked.

Kris didn't respond.

"I know it. You're just doing it to make me jealous, right?" she said.

"Oh please dont be stupid. You're assuming too much. You thought I'd lie about something just because of you? How sick is that? I told you I already have someone else so stop. Once I tell something, I mean it." he straight-forwardly said.

"Then tell me? Who's your someone else now?" she furiously asked.

I could feel the tension between them already.

"Shin.." he mumbled.

My eyes widened for the nth time. I covered my mouth with my hands to prevent any noise from coming out.

He likes ME? I mean, Shin?

"What? Shin?"

"I like Shin..Mei. Shin's sister." he said.

No way. He.. he likes me? As in me? He likes Shin Mei?

I quickly went out of the fire exit and bumped to Sehun all of a sudden. Did Kris just said that he likes me?

"Shin-ah! Are you alright?" Sehun asked, holding me on my shoulder.

"He said he likes me!" I said, then quickly gave Sehun a tight hug.

"Whoa, wait. What? He said what?" he said, kind of confused.

"I heard him said that he likes Shin Mei! He likes me!" I happily said.

"Oh.. great.." I noticed his sudden change of mood. Why so moody all of a sudden?

All of a sudden, Yoo Hye Na went out of the fire exit. She glared at me as she passed through us. Kris went out of the fire exit as well. He stared at me and gave me a smile.

So weird.

But I dont really care. Now that I already found out that Kris likes me, what should I do?

The day went out like a blur. We're now at the van taking a rest while driving back to the dorm.

Somehow, I feel lucky because I ended up sitting beside Kris.

"Hey." he whispered.

I looked at him and gave him a puzzled look.

"Let's get closer from now on. Okay?" he said.

"Of course." I said.

All of a sudden, he leaned his head to my shoulder. I felt happy and uneasy at the same time. I'm afraid he'd notice how fast my heart beat was.

For once, I felt completely happy.

 

 

 

What do you think of this chapter? Is it good? I need your feedbacks!

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With Love, TMB.*/