SM Entertainment

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

CHAPTER TWO:

I woke up in my couch with Cheonsa beside me. Suddenly, my phone vibrated.

Manager Hyung is calling.

Yes, we agreed to meet because today is the day that the true Shin is supposed to sign the contract. Today is also the day where I'll start pretending.

Literally dragging myself out of the bed, I reach over to my phone and accepted the call.

"What?" I POLITELY greeted. Note the sarcasm.

"Don't tell me you just woke up." He doubt.

"Oh no. Actually, I've been up for hours." I lied. A yawn escaped my mouth.

"I see. I'll see you in fifteen minutes. Let's meet at the coffee shop near your apartment." he informed 

Shoot. Busted.

"Huh? How did you know where I live?" I asked, getting so curious all of a sudden.

"Long story, kiddo. Didn't you forget that I'm a Manager? I should know where my trainees live." he explained.

Trainees?

"Fine. Whatever." I said.

So yeah, I got up from bed and prepared myself. And just like what people who pretend as guys do in some dramas, I bandaged my chest so no one would notice what should be noticed. I cut my hair short. I know, cliché. I dressed up like a guy and fixed my hair with a beanie. After fixing myself, I went outside my apartment and headed straight to the coffee shop where Manager Hyung and I are supposed to meet.

"You're late." he said as I grabbed a seat.

"You're just early." I said.

"Gahd, you really look like Shin." he said, looking amused.

"It's because I'm Shin. Duh. Except for the fact he's name is just Shin while mine is —"

"—Enough. We have to hurry." he interrupted.

"Sure, what are we going to do now?"

"First, we have to do a little more makeover." he said.

We went straight to Manager Hyung's car and drove off to an apartment where a lady awaits. Manager Hyung told me that she'll be the one in charge of my wardrobe and make up once I get to perform on stage.

Meanwhile, the lady told me to just call her Noona. No name, just noona.

Yes, Shin Mei. Call her Noona and not Unnie, okay? Not only that. Because from now on, you're no longer a girl but a guy. So you have to get used to whatever a guy does.

This is so... I don't even know how to describe it. Lame? No. Wrong? Yes. Even if I wanted something from this, I shouldn't have agreed to do this. I feel regretful.

"I see. You're a girl but you really look like Shin. Are you sure you're not related to him in anyway?" She asked, looking amused.

Do I really look like him? I've seen an online article once that says every person has at least 7 look alikes around the world. So I guess, this is one of those instances. But… what are the odds, right?

"We just have to cut your hair a little shorter and dye it blonde." she added.

Well, I don't mind cutting my hair a little shorter since it makes me more comfortable.

After almost an hour of 'make-over' thing, we went inside the car and drove off to the new SMent Building where I have to sign some contracts.

We arrived at the new SMent Building. We took an elevator up to the CEO's office, Kim Young Min.

"Lee Shin Yoo! Finally, you're here! Let's take this contract signing easy, okay?" Young Min said with full of excitement on his face.

"Lee Shin Yoo" I mumbled, more to myself.

Wow, weird. What a coincidence again. We have the same family name. But I didn't mind it much because I know Lee is such a common family name.

"Oh okay." I said.

Manager Hyung handed me the folder, inside of it is the contract and a piece of pen.

At first, I hesitated to sign the papers. I was nervous. My hands were shaking. I looked at Manager Hyung. He just mouthed me to sign the papers quick.

"What should I write?" I whispered.

"Your name, SHIN." Manager Hyung answered, giving a little emphasis on the 'SHIN' part. Meaning, I should write Shin's name which is Lee Shin Yoo.

So that's what I did. I wrote 'Lee Shin Yoo' on the contract.

"Thank you for signing the contract! You are now officially a part of SM family. Congratulations." Young Min said then offered his hand for a handshake.

After that, Manager Hyung took me for a little tour in the SMent Building. We went to the place where the lead dancers of EXO practice. Unfortunately, Manager Hyung told me that they haven't arrived yet. We also went to the room where the lead vocals rehearse.

While we're making our way down the stairs, I saw a group of guys walking towards us.

Man, they are literally shining.

"Hey! You're late!" Manager Hyung shouted then waved at the group.

"Is this Shin?" a tall guy asked. That must be Kris.

How did I know? Simple, I searched carefully. I studied so much before I went here. I don't want to be found out so that's why I studied so much about EXO. I did what a typical fan girl does.

Spazz. Spazz. Spazz.

I studied about them more than I studied during my school days.

"Come on, let's see what you've got." Kris grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

The other members are just chattering with each other as they follow us. Manager Hyung is following us, too.

We stopped over a recording room. I'm not sure what to call this room but if you can imagine a soundproof room with microphones and instruments in it, that's it. Only Kris and I are inside while the others are all outside, watching us.

"How long was your trainee days?" he asked.

"A year and 2 months." I said.

Good thing Manager Hyung told me so much about Lee Shin Yoo. I can actually apply as his biographer. Pun intended.

"Manager Hyung told me you sing and dance well." he said.

I gulped. I can sing and dance but I don't know if I'm still good at it.

"Sing whatever you wanna sing." he demanded.

At first, I was scared. I didn't know what to do. What if they find out that I'm not really Lee Shin Yoo? What should I do?

"Did you hear me?" he asked, I think he's getting irritated.

We had a minute of silence there.

"Hey! Didn't you hear me?" he asked once again.

That's when I decided to just sing whatever comes to my mind.

I grabbed a guitar and placed the strap over my shoulder. I started to do strumming and plucking. Good thing I always play guitar and sing during my duty in the guitar store.

LOVE SONG by Eric Nam

I sang the first verse and chorus of it. I tried to make my voice sound as natural as it would be.

After singing that song, he just walked out of the room and left me there shaking.

Somehow, the other members walked towards me and pulled me into their group hug. All of them are congratulating me.

"You should've scolded Kris hyung for what he's done. He almost scared our new member away. You should've done that instead of him. You're still the leader after all." I heard someone said. I didn't know who it was because I was too distracted.

"It's okay. Kris has always been like that. He doesn't like getting along with other people except for those who are close to him. Maybe he just wants to see for himself whether our new member is 'okay' for him, or not. Just let him be." That Suho guy explained.

Oh, now I see.

We drove back to my house after that. I have to pack some of my things because next week, I'll be having my debut along with the EXO's comeback and SM Entertainment will be holding a huge concert for that.

So that's why I have to move to their dorm.

Gahd, I can't believe I'm going to live with 12 guys. I don't even know them. What if I mess up? And what if they find out about my secret?

I'll be dead if I did.

 

--------

Translations:

Unnie - Older sister (used only by females)

Hyung - Older brother (used only by males)

Noona - Older sister (used only by male)

/* Hello~! It's me again. Thank you for reading my story. You don't know how much it means to me. *Teary eyes* Please tell me your thoughts about it!
Anyway, this chapter is inspired by the very famous 2008 kdrama, You're Beautiful starring Park Shin Hye and Jang Geun Seuk together with FT Island's Lee Hong Ki and CN Blue's Jung Yong Hwa.
If you want to ask or talk about something, please feel free to message me! I would be glad to hear you out!
With love, Melli Byun | ByunTwin. */