Bestfriend-zoned

Barbie and the Twelve Handsome Wolves (EXO fanfic)

"Kris..." she said.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

SEHUN's POV

It has been week since then and I had been distancing myself away from Shin. It hurts but I dont even know why.

I always catch her stealing a few glances from Kris, the kind of glance that I always give her. She laughs when the other hyungs were making fun of Kris hyung. She even told me she wished that she shouldv'e been in EXO-M. There's no doubt. She likes Kris.

"Shin! I know there's no doubt that your voice is amazing, but it has no emotions. Get it? Do it again!" said the producer.

"Sorry.." she said. She looks so uneasy.

We, the other hyungs, watched her as she records her own song. I looked at her noticed that she's always looking at Kris.

Kris. Kris. Kris. Kris again.

Little by little, I felt like my heart is going to explode everytime she looks at Kris hyung. I wish it was ME who she always looks at.

The day passed out like a blur and the recording was a mess.

We're at the van, ready to go home. I sat near the window beside Luhan hyung. Shin was at the back sleeping soundly beside Lay. Both of them were sleeping.

"Gahd, I hope our Shin is alright." said Baekhyun.

"Yeah.." said Suho hyung.

"Oh anyway, Kris! Tomorrow is the start of your shooting, right? Can we watch you?" asked Chanyeol.

"Huh? Sure. Just dont bother me, okay?" said Kris.

We all arrived to our dorm. We hanged out for a bit on the living room and decided what should we eat for dinner.

"Let's just order some bibimbap, japchae and jjambong." said Chanyeol.

"Should we order buljjajang instead of jjambong? I really want to eat buljjajang today." said D.O.

"Okay! Then it's settled! We're going to order bibimbap, japchae and buljjajang." said Suho.

We watched movies as we wait for our order to arrive. A few moments later, the food has arrived and Suho hyung paid for it. Just rich indeed. We all ate to our hearts content. After we finish eating, Tao and Kai volunteered to clear the dishes.

I was fiddling with my phone as I sat comfortably to the couch. I nudge upon seeing Shin walked soullessly towards our room. I stopped playing with my phone and quickly followed her inside. I saw her sitting on the ground beside the side table and her bed. She was holding a photo of two happy identical children. It must be Shin and her brother.

"I don't know, he wont even talk to me or even come near me. It's like I'm a plague or something." she took a deep sigh.

She was actually talking to the photo.

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw me. I rushed towards the door and attempted to get out.

"Sehun! Wait!" she said as she stood up.

She quickly rushed towards me and grabbed my hand. I looked away from her.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" she asked.

I didn't answer. She kept on asking me why but I just looked down to the ground and ignored her questions.

Suddenly, she stopped and I felt her hand shaking as if she was about to cry. I looked at her and noticed some tears escaping from her eyes and falling unto the floor.

Seeing her cry, my plan of totally ignoring her for, well, a while automatically signed failed.

Screw that plan.

I held her cheeks and quickly wipe her tears away. She looked up and stared to me for God knows how long. Her eyes were puffy and tears were continiously flowing from them. I asked her what's wrong.

"Why are you ignoring me recently? Dont you know that I badly need someone who can listen to me? I haven't been feeling well these past few days because I was thinking about so many things." she said.

"Why? You can talk to the other hyung about that. Just feel free to te them especially Suho hyung." I said.

"But you're my favorite hyung! I trust you the most because you're the only one here who knew about my secret besides to Manager Hyung!" she said, looking down.

"Is that so?" I said.

"Also, you're like my best friend! That's why you're the one I'm gonna talk to whenever I'm having hardships!" she said.

BESTFRIEND.

Hearing those words, it churned my heart. I felt like I wanna cry. I almost died inside. But no.

I shrugged. I marveled at my mind not breaking though my heart did.

"Yeah. Right." I mumbled.

"Promise me.. Sehun.." she said.

"Promise me that you'll be there for me.. NO MATTER WHAT. Promise me that you'll never ignore me again, please?" she pleaded.

I let out a fake smile and nodded.

"Of course.. I'll always be in my favorite dongsaeng's side." I said.

I felt tears cornering my eyes so I slightly looked away.

All of a sudden, the atmosphere around us started to get gloomy. We had a few moments of awkward silence. Few seconds later, her eyes started to get watery, again.

"Gwaen cha na yo?" I asked.

She didn't answered. A few more moments later..

"Hey." I said again.

Suddenly, she pulled me into a hug and buried her face on my chest.

"My oppa.. I still cant get his face out my head.. the moment when he's about to leave me.. he was crying.. It makes me wanna cry too. I miss him.. so much.." she said between her sobs.

"Dont worry.. I know you'll be able to find him soon.." I said.

Actually, I'm not really good at comforting sad people so I just patted her head like I always do.

"Are you okay now?" I asked again.

"yeah.. thanks.. I'm such a cry-baby." she said.

She crawled up to her bed and slipped into her thick covers. I watched her as she tried to sleep. I, too, slipped in my thick covers and lay down on my side to watch her.

"Hey.. can I ask you something?" I asked.

I dont know why but all of a sudden, I felt like I just want to ask her this thing. I want to confirm it so I could prevent myself from falling for her.

I wanna know if she likes someone else.

"Sure, what is it?" she said.

"Do you have a crush on someone here in this house?" I asked.

Her eyes widened as she look at me.

"Why do you wanna know?" she asked.

"Nothing. I just thought I should know if you like someone else because I'm your BESTFRIEND." I said, emphasizing the last word.

"You're so silly." she said, letting out a giggle.

She turned her back to me and pulled the sheets closer to her face as she curled up to her bed.

"It's Kris." she said.

Hearing those words, I felt like my heart has been taken away from me. I closed my eyes to prevent the tears from falling. I managed to let out a fake smile for the second time.

It hurts. Like a lot, lot.

"Ha! This dongsaeng is starting like someone." I said.

"I know what you're thinking. Don't you dare laugh at me, Sehun-ah!" she said.

I did what she told me not to do. I laughed and laughed like there was no tomorrow.

"Tch, GOOD NIGHT!" she nagged.

"Yeah. Good night!" I said still laughing.

I stared at the wall for another hour. I really dont understand what I'm feeling right now. It's like I just want to cry like a baby whenever she mentions and laughs whenever she hears Kris's name.

It hurts like hell.

You're like my bestfriend!

Those words echoed to my hears. Yeah, I'm her bestfriend. BESTFRIEND.

KRIS POV

"Nice to meet you all! Please take care of me!" she said as she greets the staffs and co-workers in the studio.

She walked towards me and gave me a smile. A very sly smile.

"Orenmaneyo. Bogoshippeo yo. OPPA." she said, emphasizing the word OPPA.

I ignored her and walked out to the filming site but she followed me. This girl, could she just leave me alone?

"Oppa!" she yelled.

She had changed a lot since we... broke up. The kind and charming Hye Na that I liked has now turned into a spoiled brat.

"Yah! Oppa! Wait for me!" she nagged.

She's such a brat. *rolled eyes*

"Ya! Kris hyung" I heard a familiar voice called out my name.

It was Chanyeol. He has already arrived along with the other members. They're here to watch me while I'm filming.

Ha! You guys are my saviours! I'm safe now!

I ignored Yoo Hye Na again and walked towards the boys with a smile.

"Is that Yoo Hye Na? Why are you here in the parking lot?" he asked.

"Oops, I smell something fishy.." Baekhyun teased.

He really has the dirtiest mind among all of us. Tch. Bish, please. I told you, Yoo Hye Na is not my style... ANYMORE.

I looked at Hye Na as she walks towards us. Her lips were forming a smirk.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" she greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" they all greeted back.

"Anyway, we haven't formally introduced ourselves to you since the last time we met. I'm Suho. The leader of EXO." said Suho.

"And these are Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, D.O, Chen, Xiumin, Lay, Tao, Luhan and Sehun.." he continued as he pointed to the other members one by one.

"and this is Shin, our newest member." he added as he introduced Shin.

"A-annyeonghaseyo. S-shin imnida.." Shin stuttered.

"Aww! You're so cute!" said Hye Na as she walk towards Shin.

"Ah..eh.. Th..thanks." he said.

Suddenly, Hye Na walked towards me and grabbed my arm then linked it together with hers.

"Oppa! Let's go back now. The staffs must be looking for us." she said with a sly smile.

My eyes widened as I froze on the spot. What did she just call me? OPPA?

"Kaja?" she said as she faces the other members.

We started to walk back the filming site. I shove off her arm from mine, of course.

Gahd, this girl is so annoying.

They all watched me carefully as we began to shoot some scenes for the movie. I worked really hard for this movie. I did what the director told me to do so we can finish the shooting right away. I badly need to go home because Yoo Hye Na is really getting on my nerves.

"What the hell, Yoo Hye Na? Could you please be serious? This place isn't a playground, just so you know! Stop being so childish!" I yelled at her.

The staffs approached us quickly and tried to calm me down. She's really getting into my nerves. She never acts professionally.

"I'm sorry, Oppa. I'm trying my best though. Please dont be angry with me." she said.

"Dont act as if you're not doing anything wrong here. We all know you're just playing around." I said.

"But I'm not!" she argued.

"Oh really? Then quit playing around so we can just get this thing done. I hate to see you around." I said.

"You hate to see me around coz you still have feelings for me." she said.

"Bish please, never in your wildest dreams." I said.

"Oh please, Kris. Dont you know the reason why I accepted this project? It is because I wanted to make it up to you." she said.

"I realized that what I did in the past was wrong and I regretted it. When I found out that they wanted us to be the lead, I quickly grabbed the chance." she continued.

"Hoping that we can bring back our past." she added.

I looked at her seriously and gave her a knowing look.

"Sorry but we are never ever getting back together. I already have someone else." I said then quickly walked out from her.

The first day of shooting went fine. I was about to get my things when I saw the other members making fun of each other. They're dressing up and putting a make up on each other. I walked towards them and watched their little fashion show.

"Welcome to EXO cross-play!" Baekhyun announced as if he was some kind of Emcee.

"Our first candidate is from Apgujong! Here comes Suho a.k.a Junmyeonnie!" he announced as Suho went out from a red curtain.

He's wearing a browned straight wig and beannie,  a pink sleeveless shirt, a stripe patterned skirt with black leggings. He's still wearing his own shoes though.

All the other members bursted into laughs and clapped when they saw Suho.

"Here comes our second contestant from Beijing, China! Please welcome our deer Luhannie!" said Baekhyun.

Luhan came out from the red curtain wearing a curly brown wig, furry hat, white long sleeved shirt and skirt. She looks like a girl, though.

Once again, the other members laughed as if there's no tomorrow.

I looked at Suho and Luhan. Gahd, they both actually looked like a girl. I'm sure if they were born like real ones, they'll be a part of SNSD.

"And here comes our last contestant. She's from Gangnam. Full of charm, full of aegyo, full of talent, everything but only lacks in height, Shinderella!" Baekhyun announced.

And here comes Shin.

Our eyes widened as we looked at him. He's really pretty, He really looks like a girl. He's wearing a black straight wig with bangs and black gothic lolita outfit. He's really cute. He actually looks like a doll.

FLASHBACK

"I'm sorry. Did I hit you?"

"No, the door hit me by itself."

END OF FLASHBACK

That's it!

"Shin Mei!" I shouted all of a sudden.

The eyes of the other members focused on me all of a sudden.

"Shin Mei?!" the others said, quite confused.

I looked at Shin and saw his eyes widened. He looked away quickly.

"D-did you j-just..call me.. S-shin Mei..?" he asked, stuttering.

 

 

Translations:

Orenmaneyo - Long time no see

Bogoshippeo - I miss you

 

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo ;)

What do you think of this chapter? Is it good? I need your feedbacks!

Anyway, if you want to ask or talk about something, please visit my Ask.fm account because THERE is where I'll be answering your questions :)
→→ Ask.fm/TheMelliBrandy

With Love, TMB.*/